• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a Halo 4 beta for a few weeks, I'm not sure why you guys keep talking about it. Figured you all would've received your codes by now.

Not all of us have access to 314's secret files and even less of us are in a position to bribe/blackmail 314 executives with non-pretzel Combos/compromising pictures.

Not all of us have access to 314's secret files and even less of us are in a position to bribe/blackmail 314 executives with non-pretzel Combos/compromising pictures.

Oddly enough, I was given cracker Combos just a couple of hours ago.

You're welcome, you jerk

edit: Is this a good deal. considering it for college next year:http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Misc/De...cmcat248000050016&ref=39&CJPID=1312731&loc=01

Not bad at all, but I dunno if yo really need 32GB.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Random question but when do you guys think they will officially reveal the groups feature and what are you guys hoping it will be?

(Groups is a confirmed feature via the ExpertZone quiz but all it lists is the ability to find, create and organize groups)

At this point I would take anything that hasn't been officially announced with a grain of salt, honestly. Especially considering how much tweaking is being done with the game at this point.

However, if it is indeed a feature, it would presumably be an updated "clan" feature, and honestly I wouldn't expect it to be any different. Perhaps it would just be a tweak of the active roster lumping people into groups for easy viewing. And I'm not entirely sure it will be featured as a bulletpoint as much as an aesthetic change. So as far as an announcement goes, I imagine it won't be mentioned for some time.

CyReN

Random question but when do you guys think they will officially reveal the groups feature and what are you guys hoping it will be?

(Groups is a confirmed feature via the ExpertZone quiz but all it lists is the ability to find, create and organize groups)

I have a feeling it's going to be connected to that Xbox Smart Glass thing or some waypoint site clan system. I don't think we'll see the return of something like Halo 2's in the menus.

wwm0nkey

At this point I would take anything that hasn't been officially announced with a grain of salt, honestly. Especially considering how much tweaking is being done with the game at this point.

However, if it is indeed a feature, it would presumably be an updated "clan" feature, and honestly I wouldn't expect it to be any different. Perhaps it would just be a tweak of the active roster lumping people into groups for easy viewing. And I'm not entirely sure it will be featured as a bulletpoint as much as an aesthetic change. So as far as an announcement goes, I imagine it won't be mentioned for some time.

Well considering it was on a retail site for employees to know only important info about the game right from a Microsoft source I would assume its in the game, but yeah it might just be a filtering of the Active Roster, which would suck because a Rock Star gang system would be awesome.

wwm0nkey

I have a feeling it's going to be connected to that Xbox Smart Glass thing or some waypoint site clan system. I don't think we'll see the return of something like Halo 2's in the menus.

Speaking of that system we learned that it wont be launching when Halo 4 does, the team is way too busy to work on it currently.

Yeah, the reason it works in games like CoD is because you can kill the flag carrier with like two bullets. Oh there he is *dead*

What's balanced in other games doesn't mean it works for halo. You want access to all your abilities and weapons while running the flag? Play speedflag in reach, it's a revolutionary change to flag and is super popular. It did such a great job of making people care about the objective. Yep.

I must be one of those freaks that actually likes Speedflag. It's not as bad as it sounds if your team has a slight amount of brainpower. It gives a flag carrier indicator and it's touch-return. I do not, however, like the auto-pickup of the flag. Get rid of that and you have an interesting gametype in my book.

what happened today?
Promethean grenade acts kind of like a power drainer from Halo 3.
Carbine and Pro. Vision have been nerfed.
Thruster now switches to 3rd person when you use it.

Flag carriers now can use a magnum while they carry the flag.
Oddball carriers can throw the ball to teammates.
Flags and oddballs can be used for item-specific ASSASSINATION!s.

343 is sending Hypertrooper a Hoodie OR he's exchanging candy for one at PAX.
Halo 4 will have multiplayer (a Heckfu exclusive reveal via Gamespot).
Mike Dongblain was created by "a stupid person" according to Frank.
One member of HaloGAF was officially added to 343's HandsomeMen hashtag club.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Same!

Also I am pretty sure Un-Didact means Unbound Didact for Silentium. Kind of put that together after remebering Frankie told me to put my Avatar into an unbound state.

What unbounding means/does I still have no clue but I think its evident we are going against the Un-Didact.

Btw everyone at 343 said the enemy reveal is bad ass.

It's Ur-Didact, not Un-Didact.

Promethean grenade acts kind of like a power drainer from Halo 3.
Carbine and Pro. Vision have been nerfed.
Thruster now switches to 3rd person when you use it.

Flag carriers now can use a magnum while they carry the flag.
Oddball carriers can throw the ball to teammates.
Flags and oddballs can be used for item-specific ASSASSINATION!s.

343 is sending Hypertrooper a Hoodie OR he's exchanging candy for one at PAX.
Halo 4 will have multiplayer (a Heckfu exclusive reveal via Gamespot).
Mike Dongblain was created by "a stupid person" according to Frank.
One member of HaloGAF was officially added to 343's HandsomeMen hashtag club.
wait so is there still flag running? and any videos of any of this?

finished my Reach replay, and again the motion blur is far more distracting then what I remembered. I dont notice then when im playing MP games.

Also I never really understood this but at the end of The Package
they act as Cortana is hat forerunner structures construct AI, which seems to counter everything I know about cortana from the other 3 games. Admittedly I've never read the books so there may be explanations explain from here
anyone care to enlighten me on this?

Should of hid it under his shirt. Kevin Grace caught me trying to sneak off with the controller.
PXUcR.jpg

Card Boy

Banned
I'm up to level 6 on Halo CE Anniversary on Heroic. Holy shit this game is amazing, i can see why the series is popular. Can't wait till i get up to the newer ones.

finished my Reach replay, and again the motion blur is far more distracting then what I remembered. I dont notice then when im playing MP games.

Also I never really understood this but at the end of The Package
they act as Cortana is hat forerunner structures construct AI, which seems to counter everything I know about cortana from the other 3 games. Admittedly I've never read the books so there may be explanations explain from here
anyone care to enlighten me on this?

In the journal from the limited edition, it is explained that
Cortana was split into two fragments so that Halsey could have her analyze the data from the Forerunner construct while still having an AI to manage things elsewhere. No effort was made to talk about this in the game, making that part of Halo Reach more confusing than it had to be.

I've decided how I'm going to give out swag. Not all of it is going to be distributed on GAF. I'm dividing it among HaloGAF, Waypoint, and HBO. There are two Halo 4 Cortana & Chief posters that are signed by Jen Taylor and Steve Downes as well as some 343 signatures. I also have a FUD poster signed by some cast members and 343 peeps. Those will not be handed out, instead I'll do a Childs Play auction, but you're all welcome to participate.

What is up for grabs include:
-8 ONI patches.
-Unsigned FUD Poster.
-Reach Women's XXS tee that has Bonnie's, BS Angel's, and Alison's signatures as well mastrbiggy's SDCC stench. I stretched the tee out a little. Enjoy.
-Halo 4 Avatar Code.
-TOR Halo Bag.
-Halo Silentium/Thursday War Poster.
-RVB Season 9 DVD (not pictured).

have

Had to.
I should of written should have.

Ryaaan14

Banned
I've decided how I'm going to give out swag. Not all of it is going to be distributed on GAF. I'm dividing it among HaloGAF, Waypoint, and HBO. There are two Halo 4 MC & Chief posters that are signed by Jen Taylor and Steve Downes as well as some of the 343 team. I also have a FUD poster signed by some cast members and 343 peeps. Those will not be handed out, instead I'll do a Childs Play auction, but you're all welcome to participate.

-8 ONI patches.
-Unsigned FUD Poster.
-Reach Women's XXS tee that has Bonnie's, BS Angel's, and Alison's signatures as well mastrbiggy's SDCC stench. I stretched the tee out a little. Enjoy.
-Halo 4 Avatar Code.
-TOR Halo Bag.

ltZoi.gif

So, how do we get in on this give away? I just gave away a good chunk of my swag, might as well try for some more. :lol
I'm going to post this on Waypoint and HBO. When I get back to LA I'll start doing drawings or trivia. Ill give everyone advanced notice on the forums, twitter, etc so you don't miss out on the opportunity.

For now...just marvel at the awesomeness.

blamite

Woah, he said he couldn't zoom in with the Storm Rifle, not even with the Spartan Visor.

Frankie, Confirm/Deny?

Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen anyone zoom in without a scoped weapon. I hope that's not final, that's a super annoying "feature", and it always bugged me not to have it in Halo 1.

I've decided how I'm going to give out swag. Not all of it is going to be distributed on GAF. I'm dividing it among HaloGAF, Waypoint, and HBO. There are two Halo 4 Cortana & Chief posters that are signed by Jen Taylor and Steve Downes as well as some of the 343 signatures. I also have a FUD poster signed by some cast members and 343 peeps. Those will not be handed out, instead I'll do a Childs Play auction, but you're all welcome to participate.

-8 ONI patches.
-Unsigned FUD Poster.
-Halo 4 Avatar Code.
-TOR Halo Bag.

I could throw in a Anniversary Arbiter figure, Halo Reach Series 2 Carter figure, a Halo: Reach Series 4 UNSC Marine, a Glasslands/Primordium poster signed by Karen Traviss and two big Halo Legends posters.

Plasmapunch

Neo Member
Are you a very recently approved member of neogaf?
just hit reply and here ya go

What country are you posting from and what’s your current age.
USA 36

At what age did you get into Halo and with which game.

For how long have you been reading HaloGAF?
on & off for some time before regi

What’s your absolute favorite Halo campaign? And your favorite multiplayer? (you’re not allowed to pick Halo: Combat Evolved for any of the two)
H3, H2

Highest Halo 3 level and which playlist.
was 36 rumble

AR or BR?
BR

Absolute favorite multiplayer map from Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and 3 (just one from each).
SW H1, headlong H2,

Least hated Reach mp map.(excluding Anniversary pack)

Do you prefer BTB or MLG? (pre-Reach era)
BTB 4x4X4x4 pre-LIVE era

Competitive multiplayer or Firefight?
Forge

Games completed on solo Legendary.
HCE,H2,H3, & Reach

Are you EazyB? Mike DongBlain?
Thinks um NO

What are some of your favorite Campaign missions.
Not listing

Favorite Reach playlists.
Rumble or BTB

Opinion on reticule bloom.
adapt lol

Opinion on Armor Abilities and the one you usually end up picking.
adapt sprint or active camo

Why are you a Halo fan?
It runs deep in my blood I breath in ring worlds breath out sheild worlds :0

Favorite Halogaffer, and least favorite (besides Dax). (optional)
blank

Now feel free to introduce yourself and/or share anything you want so we get to know you better, some of us would enjoy reading it.
GT: Elite Tenure I am amateur forger, you know the rest ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom