• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

What kind of twilight zone world am I living in where the 360 version has those problems and the PS3 version is the clean one? lol

UbiSoft has a co-marketing deal with Sony so it would go without saying that UbiSoft would pay special attention to the PS3 version as they are getting money from Sony. I'm guessing they are the exact same as it's the same engine with small tweaks. So if nothing else, the PS3 version is finally up to par with the 360 version.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Does NYC Gaf know of any shops that might perhaps have this in stock already and may perchance sell a copy? I need something to play this weekend.

(am I allowed to ask that in here?)

OmegaZero

Those "360" shots are actually from AC3: Liberation (PS Vita) . Connor is an unlockable character if you link to the PS3 version

j7rAU.jpg

58d5P.jpg

Nope.

Someone just decided to take screenshots in a poor place. I'm sure the city sections look much better.

EDIT: Beaten like a Templar.

Marleyman

Banned
Warning to people trying to avoid spoilers all they can...I would advice against even attempting to look at anything related to the game now until release. HUGE things are getting spoiled on message boards and youtube video comments from people who are playing the game early.

Seriously....media blackout.

I am with you; bailing out.

Can anyone with the 360 version confirm that disc 1 is not required at all for multiplayer? I plan on renting the SP disc from Redbox and buying the MP disc for dirt cheap on eBay. I got my level 50 MP from Brotherhood and ready to rock another 50 levels.

Disc 1 is SP and Disc 2 is MP.

Disc 1 is SP and Disc 2 is MP.

I know that but does disc 2 require disc 1 at any point? For instance, on a fresh account with no Ass3 save file at all if you just put in disc 2 only and totally ignore disc 1, can you still play multiplayer? Battlefield 3 did something like this but they put the texture pack on the multiplayer disc so if you only had the single player disc you couldn't get the textures. That's what I'm looking to see if there is a "gotcha" clause in it.

What kinda sucks about the 360 version being two discs is that the pre-order steelbook I planned to use has only one disc holder. I could stack them, I guess.

The fuck is this shit? What the fuck is this shit?!

Pretty sure that was intentional, at least to some degree. Boston's not yet a real city at that point, and it's supposed to be foggy.

It doesn't look great, agreed, but everything else I've seen from the 360 version seems to suggest it's design rather than hardware.

The hills in one of those screens seem to come straight out of Oblivion, though.

I know that but does disc 2 require disc 1 at any point? For instance, on a fresh account with no Ass3 save file at all if you just put in disc 2 only and totally ignore disc 1, can you still play multiplayer? Battlefield 3 did something like this but they put the texture pack on the multiplayer disc so if you only had the single player disc you couldn't get the textures. That's what I'm looking to see if there is a "gotcha" clause in it.

I put in Disc 2 and played multiplayer before I ever put in disc 1, so yes. They are totally seperate and stand alone.

Derrick01

Banned
I'm really hoping they put enough effort into the PC version to where it doesn't look like those 360 screens, yikes. We desperately need new consoles.

I'm really hoping they put enough effort into the PC version to where it doesn't look like those 360 screens, yikes. We desperately need new consoles.

I'll say it again:

The 360 version does not look like that. Sure, he found a area that did not recieve the maximum attention of the art team, but you can do that "look at how ugly" trick with most games, especially open world ones.

The game looks fine, even great at some points.

dc89

UK-GAF! It may be worth checking your local Sainsbury's. My local branch had the game out on the shelf priced up and ready to buy. I didn't try and buy it because I'm not getting the game but I have no doubt if I went to the till, they wouldn't have noticed their error. I think the guys who sort out their gaming assortment have no clue :p.

I'll snap a pic tomorrow when I'm in there.

Eideka

Banned
I'm really hoping they put enough effort into the PC version to where it doesn't look like those 360 screens,

I'm confident they have. DX11, high-res textures, and probably other graphical enhancements.

This should look miles better than any console versions on a decent PC.

Does NYC Gaf know of any shops that might perhaps have this in stock already and may perchance sell a copy? I need something to play this weekend.

(am I allowed to ask that in here?)

Would love to know this too but I should take the weekend to do all of my calc hw so I'll have time next week to play.

Nemesis_

I'm not even American and I can connect the dots in that spoiler image.

Jesus christ guys. FIRST TIME I STEP INTO THE THREAD TOO

;_;

I am very interested in "The Tyranny of King Washington" DLC/Season Pass, but I want the game on PC. Does anyone know if the same DLC will be on the PC version as the console versions?

Alec

I bought the PS3\Vita Liberation digital bundle, so that's where I will primarily be playing it, but I can vouch that the 360 version looks stunning.

Vire

I'm not even American and I can connect the dots in that spoiler image.

Jesus christ guys. FIRST TIME I STEP INTO THE THREAD TOO

;_;

If you are thinking of Abraham Lincoln's assassination in the theater that was during the Civil War Era not Revolutionary.

CrazyDude

well some spanishs dudes have the two versions and they like the ps3 version more

i will post their impressions on spanish

El AC3 que he jugado es original y estaba instalado en el HDD...Más que a mi me jode no le jode a nadie,puesto que mi plataforma principal es Xbox360 y es donde más a gusto estoy...de hecho, si no fuera por haberlo probado hoy por la mañana,esta tarde me habría comprado la version de xbox...pero si tengo las dos consolas ¿porque mentirme? ¿porque mentir?

Ha sido probar primero la versión de Xbox360 y después la de PS3...y en cuanto rendimiento HAY BASTANTE DIFERENCIA...me he ido a las zonas de campo abierto y que quereís que os diga,el popping es tan exagerado que algunos NPCS aparecen y desaparecen en tu puta cara,texturas planas que ha medida que te acercas van poniendose "correctamente",ausencia rídicula de vegetación,distancia de dibujado penosa (te subes a una atalaya y los edificios pierden POR COMPLETO el texturizado, adquiriendo un aspecto "plasticoso" y no precisamente agradable a la vista).Mencionar,de nuevo, la falta de vegetación: RÍDICULA.Parece las praderas de una sabána

Cuando vas tranquilo, la tasa de frames es decente pero NO CONSTANTE,pero cuando armas jaleo y se juntan cuatro o cinco guardias, es DIRECTAMENTE PARA DEVOLVER EL JUEGO.Lo que dicen por ahí de luchar a camara lenta es quedarse corto...

-Después de esta decepción,me dispuse a probar la versión PS3 en la misma zona de juego...y para mí en cuanto a rendimiento le da sopas con ondas a la versión xbox360:
No he visto popping de personas que se desaparecen(si algunos arbustos),ni tampoco edificios plasticosos y la distancia de dibujado es MAYOR.Tase de frames MUCHO más constante,super fluido incluso en las peleas,donde si baja algo no es ni parecido a lo que ocurre en xbox...Y para mi algo a destacar:Existe vegetación y bastante,en comparación con la versión xbox360 parece un parque botánico.

A los que decíis que si no hay que ser tan tiquismiquis , que si que putilla gráfica:
Yo no me considero una putilla gráfica y he descartado la versión xbox360 porque EN COMPARACIÓN con ps3 DA PENA.Si fueran unos pocos dientes de sierra,si fueran unas sombras menos pronunciadas...pero joder,por poner uno de los múltiples defectos,es que el juego en algunos momentos se hace INJUGABLE porque va a parones en las peleas..Eso es algo que te afecta en la jugabilidad si o si,por lo que costando 70 napos, es para atizar a Ubi hasta en el carnet de identidad.-

in a nutshell

the poster is a xbox player and played both versions,more pop up and worse framerate and draw distance on the xbox version he says is very noticeable on the 360

Here is the bad google translator version. (It's pretty comical reading it.)

The AC3 I've played is original and was installed on the HDD ... More than my fucking bothers me not one, since my main platform Xbox360 and is where I'm most comfortable ... in fact, if not by trying it out this morning, this afternoon, I would have bought the Xbox version ... but if I have both consoles why lie? Why lie?

It was the first test version of Xbox360 and PS3 then ... and as performance ENOUGH DIFFERENCE ... I went to the open areas and what can I say, popping is so exaggerated that some NPCs come and go in your fucking face, flat textures as you approach is going putting on "correctly", absence of vegetation ridiculous, embarrassing draw distance (you climb a watchtower and buildings completely lose textured, acquiring an aspect " plasticoso "and not just pleasing to the eye). mention, again, the lack of vegetation: RÍDICULA.Parece savanna grasslands

When you go quiet, the frame rate is decent but not constant, but when messing weapons and gather four or five guards, is DIRECTLY TO RETURN THE JUEGO.Lo that they say the fight in slow motion is an understatement ...

-After this disappointment, I set out to test the PS3 version in the same area of ​​the game ... and for me in performance gives soups waves xbox360 version:
I have not seen popping of people disappear (if some bushes), nor plasticosos buildings and draw distance MAYOR.Tase frames is much more consistent, super smooth even in fights where if cancellation is not something like what happens to my xbox ... And something to note: There is enough vegetation compared to the xbox360 version seems a botanical park.

Those who decíis that failure to be so picky, that if that slut graphic:
I do not consider myself a graphics whore and I discarded the xbox360 version because compared to ps3 DA were PENA.Si sawtooth few, though they were less pronounced shadows ... but damn, to cite one of many defects, is that at times the game becomes unplayable p

SJRB

Gold Member
Seems to me that the player in those 360 screenshots crossed an invisible barrier and traveled to the backdrop with low-poly renders and low-resolution textures.

So I was wondering how Gamestop was handling the Steel Case for the ACIII pre orders. I called them and the store manager told me "Oh you didn't get your yet?" I said how would I get it the game isn't out. He told me they were supposed to give it to me the day I pre ordered. I hate GS, I got screwed on my Borderlands 2 Pre order DLC as well. Did anyone else get their case already?

zychi

Banned
So I was wondering how Gamestop was handling the Steel Case for the ACIII pre orders. I called them and the store manager told me "Oh you didn't get your yet?" I said how would I get it the game isn't out. He told me they were supposed to give it to me the day I pre ordered. I hate GS, I got screwed on my Borderlands 2 Pre order DLC as well. Did anyone else get their case already?

yeah dude they had em the week after the game was officially announced. i've had mine since may.

Foshy

Seems like most shops in Switzerland have broken street date now. It's available on WoG and Citydisc too, among others.

I'm making assumptions here but if there are Americans who think Abraham Lincoln was assassinated during the American Revolution, and that that's what that "spoiler" shows... I weep for our future.

Dunan

Is that 75 francs as the Swiss price?

With a franc being worth as much as a dollar these days, unless Switzerland has raised their consumption tax to EU-like levels (it was 5% last time I checked), the Swiss are really overpaying.

Muffdraul

So this is the question that's burning in my mind-

Does AC3 go back to the "puppeteering" control concept after stupidly abandoning it in Revelations? i.e. Is the triangle/Y button used for all "head" releated actions, like talking to other characters and activating Eagle Vision?

Foshy

With a franc being worth as much as a dollar these days, unless Switzerland has raised their consumption tax to EU-like levels (it was 5% last time I checked), the Swiss are really overpaying.

New PS3/360 games are usually around 80 francs and Vita/3DS games 50-60, depending on where you shop.

It's certainly more expensive than in the US, but to be fair, our average wages are probably higher so it balances out. Consumption tax is at 8%, by the way.

ekim

Here you can compare PS3 and XBox360 (Spoilers)
(I added the time information to the link so both start at the same ingame moment)
PS3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=T4Lqsgh-k60#t=101s

Xbox-360:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qa9nu3Llyps#t=949s

I don't think that any version superior. The PS3 video seems a little more smooth in regards of FPS but that probably due to different encodings, video recording HW and so on.
The Xbox version looks a little bit more colorful, but that's nothing new for multi-platform games.

Wix

I live in Norway and I paid $85 for my pre-order, GameStop is selling for $100. It´s not that bad compared to the average income here.

Wix

Here you can compare PS3 and XBox360 (Spoilers)
(I added the time information to the link so both start at the same ingame moment)
PS3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=T4Lqsgh-k60#t=101s

Xbox-360:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qa9nu3Llyps#t=949s

I don't think that any version superior. The PS3 video seems a little more smooth in regards of FPS but that probably due to different encodings, video recording HW and so on.
The Xbox version looks a little bit more colorful, but that's nothing new for multi-platform games.

Could more of you guys give impressions? I´m trying to avoid spoilers. Already pre-ordered the 360 version, but I´d like to know what to expect.

<---Jealous :(

Don´t be, it´s freeeezing!!!

ekim

Don´t be, it´s freeeezing!!!

I don't mind - it's freezing in germany too ;)
But norway is 1000000 times more beautiful and you guys are all so nice - no drunken idiots that harass you at night. But I would fear that the beauty of all the fjords wouldn't be anything special anymore after living there for a while :p

Top Bottom