• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva series general discussion thread

And just an hour or so ago, the product listing for the Project Diva f soundtrack went up at CDJapan. There's a standard edition with a DVD instead of a Blu-ray, but eh.

It has the lowercase f but the description mentions the PS3 version of the game so maybe it will have the 6 songs that are DLC for Vita but on-disc for the PS3 version. I hope so...

1/25 Weekly Diva Station updates:

Final details for the DIVA f (Vita) DLC containing new content from DIVA F (PS3). I am interpreting this through Google Translate so any confirmation of these details would be appreciated!

First of all, if you don't plan to buy DIVA F at all, the entire content pack (6 gameplay songs, 12 modules, 4 AR mode songs, and 2 as of yet undefined extras) will be made available on March 7 for 3000 yen.

If you purchase DIVA F, it comes with a download code for Tell Your World and the Linkage module. You can then purchase a smaller pack that contains the rest of the content (minus Tell Your World, since you already get it by buying the PS3 game) for 1500 yen.

To make this all a little less painful, you can spend your money in style by getting a special design 3000 yen PSN card.

psn_card.jpg.jpg

More DIVA F pre-order bonuses announced. Click through if you happen to be in a position to be able to order any of these.

%a5%b7%a1%bc%a5%bf%a5%b7%a5%e7%a5%c3%a5%d7%c1%b4%c5%b9.jpg.jpg

%a5%d5%a5%a1%a5%df%a5%ea%a1%bc%a5%d6%a5%c3%a5%af.jpg.jpg

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
bought a japanese 3DS and dpwnloaded the Project diva mirai demo versions.

This game rocks!

I am buying the full game for sure. Wondering if I should wait to see if it gets released on eshop down the line though.

I don't think any DLC is planned for Project Mirai sadly. ;_;

addyb

I really dont know what to do. Whether to wait for the ps3 release or just get the vita version. Either way I'll be importing it.

Roubjon

You guys don't like librarians?

I actually think it's a decent song for the game, as I never got frustrated when trying to get a perfect on it.

Wonko_C

You guys don't like librarians?

I actually think it's a decent song for the game, as I never got frustrated when trying to get a perfect on it.

It's weird how Megane is almost universally panned on every place I visit. I mean I'm not crazy about the song, but at least I find it pleasant. Reminds me of early Michael Jackson music. (For a lack of a better reference)

On the other side there is... ugh... Doyoukotonano. I just can't get into the silly, cute to the point of being obnoxious songs that seem to be very popular with the otakus... well at least that one isn't as offensive as Koiiro Byouto, I wanted to kill myself everytime I had to play that song to get all perfects.

I'm not averse to cute, though. Who can resist the infectious Nekomimi Switch?

Quick reminder to visit Luka's room in DIVA f today!

Another 1/30 Weekly Diva Station update: new songs for DIVA Arcade detailed, to hit 2/5. The update contains two songs from Project mirai: "yumeyume" and "on the rocks", and two original choices, "kippuru industry" and "shiroi yuki no princess wa". See the video preview.

... any chance for those of us nowhere near a DIVA Arcade location to see any of this stuff? T_T

Sick in bed typing this out on my iPad, forgive any shortness!

1/31 Weekly Diva Station update: the Snow Miku 2013 modules for DIVA f will be released on 2/5. Receive both modules as a set for 300 yen.

Also, on 3/7, a free pack obtaining new customization items will be made available. The new items are the ones included with DIVA F.

Does anyone know where I can find a soundtrack for this?

There is a soundtrack that will ship around DIVA F's release date:

Limited Edition with Blu-Ray
Regular Edition with DVD

A bit late on yesterday's (2/1) Weekly Diva Station updates, I was still sick in bed yesterday and didn't feel like hammering out another update on iPad.

Catalog of items on sale at Winter Wonder Fest 2013. Headlined is a commercial version of the Takoluka slippers - these differ from the UFO Catcher version in that they're sold as a pair and that one of them has a different facial expression:

Other merchandise on sale includes a DIVA f strap and some Project mirai themed charms.

More DIVA F preorder bonuses outlined. HMV has a set of two pins:

Others:

As a reminder, all preorder bonuses are summarized on the official website.

They also mentioned there was a section of the "Puyo Time TV" live broadcast on Nico Nico Douga dedicated to Project DIVA, but this already happened earlier this morning.

YouTube user miku39project has uploaded a bunch of gameplay video from DIVA F, presumably from the live demo sessions from the Puyo Time TV broadcast a few days ago. Here's a selection of videos:

Senbonzakura: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQdANDgtvCA
Rin-chan Nau: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANnnrl5iDT8
Tell Your World: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-ejhh7NJo0

Live mode demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Alm56sGncG4
Unhappy Refrain played on Extreme with the Mini controller: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgSmvoNmy6k

Thanks to Seishinmahou at GameFAQs for the heads up.

I am new to this series and just got the 3DS version. I like it and can see the appeal of these games.

Will the 3DS be getting any new titles?

amishpriest99, Stark, ShinoguTakeruKoeru: I did the math and I think I'm only going to end up with one extra copy of DIVA F. Fight over it amongst yourselves and let me know who gets it? I'll just charge what AmiAmi is charging for the sans-bonus version plus a portion of my shipping cost (international and domestic).

I am new to this series and just got the 3DS version. I like it and can see the appeal of these games.

Will the 3DS be getting any new titles?

Project mirai is not Project DIVA. We haven't heard anything about a new Project mirai.

Roubjon

If you're willing to forgo access to all DLC you can play the physical card on any account, but I'm sure you already knew that. But I also have a spare 8 GB card I could sell off if you're interested.

Haha, yeah I know, I have the main game and played it a ton. There are only 6 DLC songs though, right? I guess I can't be missing too much then anyways, or at least I'll try to convince myself that.

I'm told that Round One in Puente Hills, CA (LA, essentially) will be soon getting a Project DIVA Arcade machine, or has it already. It will somehow be online via Banapass.

I can get the game myself sometime in the future then, the others can talk amongst themselves about it.

Man, I was at a Gamestop looking for some rare stuff and walked right by their locked-up Vita kiosk with the E3 reel. That one momentary flash of Miku depressed me that we're not even getting the game digitally here with English localization. D'you guys think it might have something to do with song licensing?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
What's the best way to add credit to a Japanese PSN account? I'm thinking about using the extra Vita memory card I have to get the DLC stuff.

Wonko_C

Yesterday a friend of mine grabbed my Vita to play some PDf for the first time. Today I just found out he picked a new game and overwrote my 126hr save. At first I was naturally enraged, then tried to convince myself that maybe it wasn't so bad if it meant I will start the PS3 version fresh. Fortunately I had a pretty recent save on the PS+ cloud and promptly restored it. *sigh of relief*

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Yesterday a friend of mine grabbed my Vita to play some PDf for the first time. Today I just found out he picked a new game and overwrote my 126hr save. At first I was naturally enraged, then tried to convince myself that maybe it wasn't so bad if it meant I will start the PS3 version fresh. Fortunately I had a pretty recent save on the PS+ cloud and promptly restored it. *sigh of relief*

God bless PS+.

What's the best way to add credit to a Japanese PSN account? I'm thinking about using the extra Vita memory card I have to get the DLC stuff.
Get a psn card . I'm not sure you can use paypla to put money on your japanese account yet.

the same thing happenned to me with uncharted golden abyss.
I do back-up every 15 days.

I'm hearing unsourced reports that people at the Sapporo Snow Festival have a chance to vote for modules from previous games to be released as DLC for DIVA f/F. They all link this image from ProjectDIVA.fr but I can't even find an article on their site mentioning it...

In other news, searching Google for impressions of DIVA F based on the live demos, one person states a belief the game is still running in 30fps. Whyyyyyyyyy

Wonko_C

I'm hearing unsourced reports that people at the Sapporo Snow Festival have a chance to vote for modules from previous games to be released as DLC for DIVA f/F. They all link this image from ProjectDIVA.fr but I can't even find an article on their site mentioning it...

In other news, searching Google for impressions of DIVA F based on the live demos, one person states a belief the game is still running in 30fps. Whyyyyyyyyy

Is it too early to yell: "I called it!"?
:(

Tried goodle translate on it and I didn't understand a thing, LOL. Let's hope 30fps is only for the 1080p Live Mode, right?

Probably better to list their primary sources rather than something in a language most people here probably can't read! Thanks for the heads up though!

Round 1 Puente Hills's Facebook confirms Project DIVA Arcade is present for a one month location test (running until March 18). It is four credits to play and an online pass will be provided free for those who take a survey.

Photo of one of the machines taken by Markman: http://instagram.com/p/VsUzgwo9nI/

EDIT: Decided this was new thread worthy.

This probably doesn't mean anything for you guys, but I was so happy to pull this off earlier today, hahaha.

I've still got two songs left to Perfect on Hard, though.

Don't downplay it, I haven't actually managed to pull everything together in a single run on that song yet either... not that I've played any in months.

10% Fine rate is nothing to sneeze at either with the game's janky timing.

Top Bottom