• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miyamoto checks out tearaway for vita at the e3!

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Lol
miyamoto_tearaway.jpg

http://gamingeverything.com/50698/photo-miyamoto-checks-out-tearaway-at-e3-2013/
https://twitter.com/MikeMcWhertor/status/345225423224967168

Shahadan

Miyamoto enjoys playing dead platforms.

In all seriousness it's not unheard of for creators to try things at E3, and that's a good thing.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Not exactly news, but I'm sure something like Tearaway is precisely the type of game Miyamoto might find appealing. It's a lovely, cute looking platform game with some potentially interesting ideas. No harm checking it out.

He wanders around E3 floor a lot.

There's a picture of him playing Gears from like 2005 I think. Then there's the infamous photo of him watching Kinect demos.

Fun story: In 2004, I ran in to Miyamoto on the show floor and he gave me his business card and I was young and impressionable and generally losing my mind after our short conversation until a tap came on my shoulder from behind me.

It was an NOA Rep who apologized for what she had to do, said Mr. Miyamoto doesn't understand that he can't give his private e-mail to fans and she took the card from me before I could even look at it.

I don't think I could hate anyone more than that rep.

man...
I wonder how it feels to have Miyamoto just walk into your booth and start playing a game.
The guy is a living legend.

Awesome stuff right here.

guit3457

You can fin a lot of Miyamoto photos in th E3's playing gamies from other companies, talking with developers no matter the company they belong:

c562472001fddf97_PSP_Go.png

Heard a lot of impressions saying Tearaway is really charming and plays like a Nintendo game. Seems like the kind of game Miyamoto would enjoy.

I'm assuming we just always see the pics of Miyamoto going around right? I assume the big wigs from all companies are hanging around right?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Knack doesn't look fun, or are you infering something more?
Knack isn't great looking, but come on, Mark has done almost as much for the industry as Miyamoto when you get right down to it. He's simply remained in the shadows most of the time while doing it.

leroidys

It is probably the most Nintendo non-Nintendo game at E3.

This and Puppeteer. Would be interesting if, going forward, sony can actually make games that rival nintendo games on their own merits, rather than as ripoffs like PSASBR and LBPKarting.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Media Molecule is totally one of those studios that could fit well as a Nintendo 1st party.

jaypah

man...
I wonder how it feels to have Miyamoto just walk into your booth and start playing a game.
The guy is a living legend.

Awesome stuff right here.

In the past devs have been stoked as hell (rightfully so) when he stops by. He's always going around at E3 checking stuff out, I love to see pics of that.

Subtle

Fun story: In 2004, I ran in to Miyamoto on the show floor and he gave me his business card and I was young and impressionable and generally losing my mind after our short conversation until a tap came on my shoulder from behind me.

It was an NOA Rep who apologized for what she had to do, said Mr. Miyamoto doesn't understand that he can't give his private e-mail to fans and she took the card from me before I could even look at it.

Aawwww. Mr. Miyamoto is adorable!

This looks right up his alley.

Guevara

I wonder if Miyamoto does research before E3 and has a list of stuff he'd like to see, or just sort of wanders around.

In the past devs have been stoked as hell (rightfully so) when he stops by. He's always going around at E3 checking stuff out, I love to see pics of that.

definitely one of the most 'pleasant' individuals in the industry.

With his pedigree, it could very easily be the other way around.
One of the "people I'd love to meet before I/he dies".

I wonder if Miyamoto does research before E3 and has a list of stuff he'd like to see, or just sort of wanders around.

He seems so calm and nonchalant, I'd have to believe it's the latter.

Kajiba

Wow, I had no idea a game like this existed. Check some videos of the game and I have to say, it looks pretty awesome.

jmls1121

Banned
I remember there was a Miyamoto interview shortly after that Kinect pic where Miyamoto savaged Kinect as a gaming input device. And rightfully so.

Miyamoto has a passion. Its not about business for him.
He loves new ideas and creative artstyle, so Tearaway could be exactly his kind of game.

This is what Miyamoto said about the Vita a few months after the Vita launched:
"It's obviously a very hi-spec machine, and you can do lots of things with it, but I don't really see the combination of software and hardware that really makes a very strong product."

I bet, since he is a creative mind, he had a LOT of quick ideas on what to do with all the Vitas features, especially rear touch.
His point back then was basically that if Sony builds that thing into the Vita, they should make games that use it in a creative form.
Tearaway is maybe the first game to do that.

The Adder

Banned

She had literally no right once that card was in your hands!

Top Bottom