• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miyamoto checks out tearaway for vita at the e3!

Het_Nkik

Like Alberto, I also ran into Miyamoto at E3 in 2004. It was in a behind closed doors section of EA's booth where they were showing off GoldenEye: Rogue Agent. Miyamoto only watched others play, and he didn't look very impressed.

Since it was behind closed doors I couldn't even whip out the camera to take a picture : (

starmud

tearaway is so good x) its always awesome seeing nintendo people checking out the other games.

this e3 i couldn't help but notice the booth staging, nintendo and sonys were very open to each other this year versus looking like forts facing off. yet sony and MS's booths were straight up blinding hues of blue versus green walls of light. you can't help but find some of the banter between these organizations hilarious.

tolkir

He checked out The Division too

BMqYHTiCAAECdpk.jpg

Fun story: In 2004, I ran in to Miyamoto on the show floor and he gave me his business card and I was young and impressionable and generally losing my mind after our short conversation until a tap came on my shoulder from behind me.

It was an NOA Rep who apologized for what she had to do, said Mr. Miyamoto doesn't understand that he can't give his private e-mail to fans and she took the card from me before I could even look at it.

I don't think I could hate anyone more than that rep.
Holy crap. What a sad, sad story.

This is the saddest story I've ever heard :(

Not even just your crushing disappointment. I'm imaging Miaymoto sat in his office, sadly wondering why his fans never e-mail him.
And now Ein Bear just made it worse. Poor Miyamoto. I'll send you emails. :<

Carl

Awesome. TearAway looks great, i'm sure it's the kind of thing Miyamoto would enjoy.

Bet Rex was happy.

Savitar

I'd kill to know his thoughts when he looks at games and devices. What his thought process must be as he looks and tries some out must be fascinating.

wonder if he is contractually allowed to give feedback of games he's played to the developers on the show floor.

I'm sure media molicules guys are on gaf, what did miyamoto say?

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
The PS4U is coming.

Savitar

wonder if he is contractually allowed to give feedback of games he's played to the developers on the show floor.

I'm sure media molicules guys are on gaf, what did miyamoto say?

I doubt he's suppose to say anything at all, mainly in fear that a company least it be MS or Sony quotes him as part of marketing or PR.

Anteo

Awww

Funny how a while ago, I would only recognize Miyamoto. Now I know that's Bill Trinen and I think that's JC Rodrigo from Treehouse behind him. Gaf has changed me.

You just blew my mind.
I too would only reconize Miyamoto until a while ago. I noticed Trinen like a few days before e3, but never noticed JC Rodrigo until now.

ERC198X

Banned
Was Knack not playable....Mark Cerny and Miyamoto making a platformer together....

Knack certainly was playable. I didn't take the time to try it out but caught glimpses of the action as i walked up and down the Sony booth

and FYI
Sony and MS booth were right next to each other. I dared not enter the underworld (xbox)

Miyamoto enjoys playing dead platforms.

In all seriousness it's not unheard of for creators to try things at E3, and that's a good thing.

Absolutely right. I remember way back in 2009 there was a pic of Miyamoto and Bill Trinen scoping out the Kinect at the MS booth. Even as competitors, there's nothing wrong with trying out other companies hardware and software. I'll bet there a lots of NoA employees with Xbox 360's and Kinects. Otherwise, they'd be missing out on all the games that Wii and Wii U don't get.

Azure J

It could be a reality show. I'm honestly fascinated.

"What? Miyamoto went swimming? I wonder if his next new IP will revolutionize underwater gameplay as we know it?"

I will never forget about "Miyamoto's Mermaid IP" that turned out to be that chick from Pandora's Tower. Never ever.

CrisKre

I said hi to Cerni at Nintendo's both checking out mario kart. Then he headed to the wonderful 101 and seemed a bit jealous lol.

Kidding. He was the man. Very nice and happy. He seemed to like Nintendo's games.

Love seeing someone like Miyamoto still being able to learn, still wanting to check out new concepts even if its not being produced by your company.

The Boat

Fun story: In 2004, I ran in to Miyamoto on the show floor and he gave me his business card and I was young and impressionable and generally losing my mind after our short conversation until a tap came on my shoulder from behind me.

It was an NOA Rep who apologized for what she had to do, said Mr. Miyamoto doesn't understand that he can't give his private e-mail to fans and she took the card from me before I could even look at it.

I don't think I could hate anyone more than that rep.

That's... incredibly cute.

Top Bottom