• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miyamoto checks out tearaway for vita at the e3!

Empty

it's interesting that he's looking at it as not only is it quite nintendo esque, but it feels like tearaway uses the unique features of the vita in a meaningful way that miyamoto's teams are yet to do with the wii u gamepad.

Fun story: In 2004, I ran in to Miyamoto on the show floor and he gave me his business card and I was young and impressionable and generally losing my mind after our short conversation until a tap came on my shoulder from behind me.

It was an NOA Rep who apologized for what she had to do, said Mr. Miyamoto doesn't understand that he can't give his private e-mail to fans and she took the card from me before I could even look at it.

I don't think I could hate anyone more than that rep.

And you didn't punch her in the face and run, why exactly?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
He has good taste. Tearaway looks like a stunner!

WillyFive

I instantly thought of this as well... though I really wish someone would fix that lens-distortion on the close-up crop.

Here's my attempt:

2498133-empire-state-building.jpg

Fun story: In 2004, I ran in to Miyamoto on the show floor and he gave me his business card and I was young and impressionable and generally losing my mind after our short conversation until a tap came on my shoulder from behind me.

It was an NOA Rep who apologized for what she had to do, said Mr. Miyamoto doesn't understand that he can't give his private e-mail to fans and she took the card from me before I could even look at it.

:(

That's messed up.

LukeTim

Wait... I don't get it. Surely he has a right to give his business card out to whomever he feels worthy?

Not exactly news, but I'm sure something like Tearaway is precisely the type of game Miyamoto might find appealing. It's a lovely, cute looking platform game with some potentially interesting ideas. No harm checking it out.

I just hope he has his own adorable, yet innovative project up his sleeve in the form of new Mario for WiiU.

Ein Bear

This is the saddest story I've ever heard :(

Not even just your crushing disappointment. I'm imaging Miaymoto sat in his office, sadly wondering why his fans never e-mail him.

Zee-Row

Banned

I would of ran for my life with that business card!

Etzer

Awww

Funny how a while ago, I would only recognize Miyamoto. Now I know that's Bill Trinen and I think that's JC Rodrigo from Treehouse behind him. Gaf has changed me.

Jawmuncher

That's a story of true pain.
I'm sorry for your loss.

This is the saddest story I've ever heard :(

Not even just your crushing disappointment. I'm imaging Miaymoto sat in his office, sadly wondering why his fans never e-mail him.

=(

People on twitter are saying he just came out of a TitanFall demo, lol.

Miyamoto's job probably keeps him busy all day long and he probably never has time to really try out many other games. E3 is probably a really fun for someone like him.

guek

Banned

One of the many reasons I love Miyamoto's personality and demeanor. But man, that sucks. I would have tried running back up to Miyamoto and telling him what happened...who am I kidding, I would have stood there mouth agape in shock.

DaBoss

Wow that sucks.

Looks great, but is very weak as a platformer it seems.

Ravek

Banned
There's much more out there, and it just seems like an on-rails brawler in the vein of Crash Bandicoot.

??? Not trying to be rude...but really? How did you get that conclusion?

Back on topic: he loves games, especially the ones that try do something different and not take themselves too seriously.

Celegus

Tearaway looks fantastic. I really love Media Molecule's take on games, particularly the non-violent nature of them. Such a nice breath of fresh air.

jmood88

I don't know why people get surprised every year when they see Miyamoto or some other famous developer playing games from other companies.

AntMurda

Knack isn't great looking, but come on, Mark has done almost as much for the industry as Miyamoto when you get right down to it. He's simply remained in the shadows most of the time while doing it.

Such an erroneous thing to say. No one even cared about Cerny until like 3 months ago when he became a meme. There are so many significant developers in the industry that have never done PR events.

I'm not a huge Miyamoto fan, but comparing the two doesn't make sense. Miyamoto has a large portfolio of being the lead designer of several classic IPs. Cerny does not. Even if he has been involved in several games as a programmer.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"You mean they made a game with even more paper-ish graphics than Paper Mario!?"

All honestly, it looks like a decent game. Not launch day, but maybe once I've finished some stuff & it's gotten a price drop/sale. & nothing wrong with checking out to see what the competition has to offer.

MrValtor

Banned
OMG guys. This is a teaser. Nintendo and Sony are going to merge in 2014 to kick the xbox out of the ring for ever ;D

Cute story. Everyone is media trained now. 04 was such a different era. Brings me back.

Top Bottom