• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miyamoto checks out tearaway for vita at the e3!

Fun story: In 2004, I ran in to Miyamoto on the show floor and he gave me his business card and I was young and impressionable and generally losing my mind after our short conversation until a tap came on my shoulder from behind me.

It was an NOA Rep who apologized for what she had to do, said Mr. Miyamoto doesn't understand that he can't give his private e-mail to fans and she took the card from me before I could even look at it.

I don't think I could hate anyone more than that rep.

What a bizarre story, how could he not understand that? And what business is it of hers anyway! Should have said "yo shigs, bitch here thinks you a foo'!" and watch him upend a table all over her ass.

I'd imagine his email address is some derivative of shigerumiyamoto@nintendo.co.jp though, a few attempts and you'd be bound to get one that doesn't bounce!

big youth

When I owned a sandwich shop I made a point of trying every sandwich I could for miles around. It wasn't a passion for sandwiches, it was strictly business, sizing up the competition and looking to improve my store.

shaowebb

SO?
Seriously they are in the handheld market. It'd be stupid not to see what the competition has hands on for yourself. :\

pkScary

I think it's so cool that he shows a genuine interest in competitor's products - because games for him aren't a business, they're an art. And he appreciates that art no matter where it comes from.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
they are already doing that

tumblr_mocbesWs8E1rhik2ho1_400.gif

also, tearaway is the only vita game I saw that I really liked

Love the villager running in the background haha.

LukeTim

I think it's so cool that he shows a genuine interest in competitor's products - because games for him aren't a business, they're an art. And he appreciates that art no matter where it comes from.

My feelings exactly. It's nice to see because it sort of gives you something about him to relate to. We all love games, and unless we're developers we don't get to see any games except for at E3 or in Magazines or until they're finished... seeing Miyamoto (or any other well known dev) in the same sort of position we find ourselves a lot of the time is just nice. We can empathize and relate.

Kaz having a Wii U, Miyamoto playing other companies games...

All this just make me realize that they are all way more smart gamers than the average here.

They may have a competition for sales, they still enjoy playing the best games whichever system they need to buy to play it.

Edit : good example just above my post -_-

Was Knack not playable....Mark Cerny and Miyamoto making a platformer together....

Knack isn't great looking, but come on, Mark has done almost as much for the industry as Miyamoto when you get right down to it. He's simply remained in the shadows most of the time while doing it.

tumblr_mg53hxudhh1qii6tmo1_250.gif

Tearaway is amazing. Glad Miyamoto approves!
Knack, on the other hand, is pretty horrible.
This.

how did you come to that conclusion ?
Gameplay videos.

I hear more positive shit about Cerny than the actual game. That's not really a good thing.
But atleast it's pretty.

Speaking of which, I'm gonna go look up some gameplay for the new 3D Pac-Man... I'm kinda hoping that's it's not generic as well.... so many colors.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Fun story: In 2004, I ran in to Miyamoto on the show floor and he gave me his business card and I was young and impressionable and generally losing my mind after our short conversation until a tap came on my shoulder from behind me.

It was an NOA Rep who apologized for what she had to do, said Mr. Miyamoto doesn't understand that he can't give his private e-mail to fans and she took the card from me before I could even look at it.

I don't think I could hate anyone more than that rep.

Actually, was she his bodyguard or something? Because Miyamoto doesn't need to understand anything, he can give his private e-mail adress to anyone he wants, who is she to decide that for him? It's rude to you, but I think it's even more rude towards Miyamoto and if I was him (and heard about it), I would have told her, to never dare to do such a thing again.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Yessss Nintendo x Sony is canon.

Can anyone imagine how amazing it would be if we had a console made by Sony and Nintendo.

Only if Nintendo is designing the controller. Mario with a dual shock would be the horror.

Top Bottom