• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS: Info Collection - Dojo, Mega Man and Trailer! 2014!

Village

zlCfzRAyMj87wM4YE-

Nintendo needs to keep pushing the Miiverse in its marketing because it's just wonderful.

Hah

Ooops, the thread on community section got locked.

So I'll reply IntelliHeath's quote here:

Yeah patches had serious flaws in PSASBR. What would you say if Metaknight would get buffed?

I'll clarify my point. On idea Villager and WFT are stupid choices. In actual use they look great. They look fun and silly. I think WFT annoys people because its from Wii Fit, not so game oriented game at all. And Villager looks just as ridicioulus with its smiling face. Althought I'm wondering... Before New Leaf, was Animal Crossing that big franchise?

Finally, I really meant that I'm annoyed because people say:" Nintendo characters are more famous and well known." Well duh on Mario, Link & Kirby etc, but not all of them are that famous.

I'd almost even argue that Smash is overrating Metroid, Star Fox & F-Zero. But nope. That argument I couldnt EVER win. So lets just say they are unfortunately just not getting games.
Animal Crossing on the DS outsold all Zelda, FE, Metroid, Starfox, Mother, F-Zero, Kid Icarus, etc. titles. Only franchises that are bigger are Mario, Pokemon and the Wii series. It even got a movie in Japan. So yes AC was a big deal prior to New Leaf.

I'd say Mother and Starfox are a bit over represented in Smash but I hardly see how one character(technically two for Metroid) and two stages is an overepresentation for Metroid and F-Zero especially given that Super Metroid and Metroid Prime are some of the highest rated games of all time and incredibly influential on the gaming industry.

As for Wii Fit Trainer, I hope you have similar views of Mr. G&W and ROB then since she is in a similar category.

serplux

Mega Man looks way too perfect. I just... wow. I've wanted him so bad since it was announced that we'd get 3rd party characters in Brawl and now it's happening before my eyes. It kind of sucks that everyone and their grandmothers are going to play as him, though :p Hope he's a bit underpowered to make this not the case. I'M SELFISH LIKE THIS.

The only inaccuracy is that he can actually duck. :p

Aghiliz

Neo Member
Hmm I wonder if the WiiFit Trainer would be similar gameplay wise to Zero Suit Samus' acrobatics (minus whip/gun) becuase it was fun jumping around w/ her lol

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Hmm I wonder if the WiiFit Trainer would be similar gameplay wise to Zero Suit Samus' acrobatics (minus whip/gun) becuase it was fun jumping around w/ her lol

iVXjrMrZqYitO.gif
ibvJenmQ8exsa3.gif

NeonZ

All this talk about FE reps makes me wonder:
What if they went the route of Marth, Chrome and someone from the jugdral(snes) series? IIRC, they were one of the more higher selling/popular one's in the franchise and had no form of reputation in any games.

FE4 was popular and, in Japan, no FEs sold more than it again until Awakening. It still sold worse than FE1-3 though, and FE5 saw a big drop in sales from it. The games released internationally all likely beat it if we add the international numbers though. I really don't think there's any chance we'll see FE4 characters suddenly added to Smash at this point.

Revven

Hmm with little gamepay we've seen i'm assuming (95% sure) that random tripping is not returning xD?

Can't say for certain, it's a low chance of happening in the first place and most of the clips didn't have a character running across the entire stage back and forth.

You'd THINK Sakurai would have heard the extremely negative feedback about tripping... but you never ever know. The only way he could keep tripping is if you could tech it.

Animal Crossing on the DS outsold all Zelda, FE, Metroid, Starfox, Mother, F-Zero, Kid Icarus, etc. titles. Only franchises that are bigger are Mario, Pokemon and the Wii series. It even got a movie in Japan. So yes AC was a big deal prior to New Leaf.

I'd say Mother and Starfox are a bit over represented in Smash but I hardly see how one character(technically two for Metroid) and two stages is an overepresentation for Metroid and F-Zero especially given that Super Metroid and Metroid Prime are some of the highest rated games of all time and incredibly influential on the gaming industry.

As for Wii Fit Trainer, I hope you have similar views of Mr. G&W and ROB then since she is in a similar category.

I remember AC having Gamecube game, but that doesnt matter that this point. AC is indeed big now.

The "overratedness" of some series is issue that goes beyond Smash. I hate when people say that they should release F-Zero & Starfox for WiiU just to increase sales of WiiU. They wouldnt increase it enough to be true saviours.

As for Mr.G&W & ROB? I think they are great. Both do WTF character quite well, haha. As I said WFT in general might be annoying as its from casual game.

You'd THINK Sakurai would have heard the extremely negative feedback about tripping... but you never ever know. The only way he could keep tripping is if you could tech it.

"Since tripping was the one feature nobody asked for, I decided it was something we wanted to keep in the game this time around."

But seriously, what a hilarious reason to add WFT. <3 you, girl.

RPGCrazied

Looks like I will be playing the 3DS version before Wii U, I own a 3DS XL, but no Wii U yet. I hope it can do online play, unlike Monster Hunter.

I remember AC having Gamecube game, but that doesnt matter that this point. AC is indeed big now.

The "overratedness" of some series is issue that goes beyond Smash. I hate when people say that they should release F-Zero & Starfox for WiiU just to increase sales of WiiU. They wouldnt increase it enough to be true saviours.

As for Mr.G&W & ROB? I think they are great. Both do WTF character quite well, haha. As I said WFT in general might be annoying as its from casual game.
AC was released on the gamecube and N64 and they didn't set the world on fire but they were mild hits. The DS entry really turned it into a mega franchise back in 2005 though. Although New Leaf seems to be even bigger than that since they finally stopped redoing the N64 title and made significant changes.

I don't think people who say F-Zero or Star Fox genuinely believe they can save a system. They are cult franchises with a strong dedicated following that you don't hear clamor for outside of message boards(although I still hear people quote and speak fondly of SF64 to this day). I do believe the more variety in ips Nintendo offers, the better off they will be since they can get different audiences that might not normally have purchased a system, imo.

Oh I'm aware of why WFT is disliked but she really represents Nintendo in the exact same manner that Mr. G&W and ROB do. I also don't think WFT is that disliked.

Oh, has anyone played DreamMix TV World Fighters? I wanna know if Snake is good character in that game.

That would also mean that in 3 diff fighting games Metal Gear characters would be top tier. Heh heh.

MisterHero

With the complete dedication to Mega Man's retro design, I wish they'd do the same for certain moves.

Mario's Fireball. The version in Smash is too slow and doesn't really make an impact.

Bowser's Fire breath. SMB1-style long distance fireballs at variable heights. Maybe he should throw hammers too.

Link's sword. Let him fire beams or have multi-hits when he's below 100% damage.

EDIT: ^^^^^ Gawd, Bowser's new model is fantastic!

With the complete dedication to Mega Man's retro design, I wish they'd do the same for certain moves.

Mario's Fireball. The version in Smash is too slow and doesn't really make an impact.

Bowser's Fire breath. SMB1-style long distance fireballs at variable heights. Maybe he should throw hammers too.

Link's sword. Let him fire beams or have multi-hits when he's below 100% damage.

EDIT: ^^^^^ Gawd, Bowser's new model is fantastic!
Marios fireball is significantly sped up in the footage they showed off.

Minus the Xbox, that was my favorite par of the trailer (specially the sound of Pikachu backing away).

At first I thought the game didn't look so impressive, but after checking the developer's video a couple of times I think it looks gorgeous (and the final product might look even nicer).

I gotta say I'm loving the 3ds version's look too. I need these games, this will be a long wait.

Not

Banned
So what's the deal with Samus this time around? I remember in the Nintendo Direct they said she was designed based off of Other M Samus? Never played Other M but I know a lot of people hated Samus in that game. Some fans might not be too happy bout that.

Is she gonna be short-haired Samus? And more importantly, will she talk? :3

Dude, ZSS talked in Brawl

Spinluck

Assuming Sonic is in. Which I'm 70% sure of.

I hope they make some nice tweaks to him. I always thought giving him a Lucario like effect, except instead of damage output and knock back increasing with damage, it's mostly his movement speed. But I'd be totally fine if it didn't happen. I just see Sakurai doing some really cool stuff this time around lol.

Man this game is gorgeous. Easily the best artstyle in the series. I've enjoyed every entry to the series, presentation, and gameplay wise. I really hope Sakurai can satisfy most of the competitive fans even if they are the smaller part of the Smash fanbase. It would really suck to have to hear Melee fans complain a decade later. Not only that, but it would be nice for them to reward skill more, and being really defensive was too easy in Brawl. My only problems with it.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I think Sakurai made Ganon a clone because he was running out of time with Melee and it was all that they could do.

Now he's stuck because he probably thinks people will hate a Ganon that doesn't control like how he used to and there's also a significant number of people that will hate Ganon if he doesn't change.

Changing cant be any worse than the nerfing he got in Brawl.

Spinluck

Bowser really is the most impressive thing yet, I just love how good he looks.

It was funny because I've been calling him having an actual running animation for the longest. My friends laughed when they come true. He looks great here, way better than Melee and Brawl Bowser, especially Melee Bowser.

Do you guys know if they've said whether they're going to dial the number of characters down? I think I heard something like that in the past, but I might be wrong.

I want them to go all out. Just imagine the amount of awesome music and stages (I want at least close to 50) this will have.

Top Bottom