• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VIDEO: Bikers attack Range Rover driver after he drives over them during a rally(NY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The amount of people on this thread ready to kill because... "well, fear for my life"... WOW, frightening!

You know what else is frightening? A gang of people attacking your car trying to get to you with your wife and young child in the car. There are legitimate reasons to be fearful for your safety. This was one of them for the people in that SUV.

Bunch of Truman and Zimmernan lookalike all over here...

That's a bullshit comparison. It'd be a more accurate comparison if the driver didn't have a valid reason to be afraid.

If I understand, the ONLY reason none of you didn't already kill somebody is just because you still didn't find, yet, the reason do to so, right?

The only reason I've never killed is twofold: The first is I have zero desire to harm another human being. The second is I've yet to be in a self defense situation that escalated that far. And I hope they trend continues.

IAgain, frightening...

What's frightening is people like you that'd rather the guy just sit quietly while his face gets smashed in.

ShOcKwAvE

The amount of people on this thread ready to kill because... "well, fear for my life"... WOW, frightening!

If I understand, the ONLY reason none of you didn't already kill somebody is just because you still didn't find, yet, the reason do to so, right?

Again, frightening...

Did you just compare this situation to Zimmerman? Please tell me I'm wrong.

Discusguy

I had time to think things more through. To me just sounds like road rage. Bikers acting like squids than SUV guy wouldn't give in. Than realized what he just did started to fear for his life and started running over bikers.

I don't care what the media reports. We're never going to get the true story.

andycapps

Doesn't really matter if they slashed his tires before or after the initial incident on the video. 30 bikers surrounding your car is intimidating enough. If a bunch of people surround my car, they have to sneeze and I may be liable to run them over. It's not enough to be a pussy and try and intimidate people like that, then cry when they do some shit, like run you over.

As a Black guy, I have to be cognizant enough to not run or drive in certain places at certain times. I'm a decent human and understand people misinterpret things. Who the fuck surrounds a car and not anticipate getting run over? It's not their jobs. Call the police. Get his license tag number. Don't take the law into your own hands. I have a hard time believing you can get 12 people to agree that the driver shouldn't have drove off.

I was just trying to figure out what the story was that he had heard. Because what I saw in the video didn't show a separate incident of someone trying to talk it out before others were slashing the tires.

Jobiensis

Again, frightening...

Nothing frightening about it, most normal sane people won't hesitate to protect their family and selves from harm. A bit disingenuous to equate that with Zimmerman's escalating a situation out of his control, and Truman? really?

https://m.facebook.com/pages/Justice-For-Jay-Meezee/411664345601619?id=411664345601619&_rdr

im not defending anyone. Utter non sense across the board. But also I like to hear both sides of the story.

no inside source. Noone I know went to this hollywood stunt gathering. I do know someone that has a friend that went, and he is spouting that no damage was done until after the run over... who Was Not the one who was arrested this morning.

karmas-a-bitch.jpg

Palmer_v1

I had time to think things more through. To me just sounds like road rage. Bikers acting like squids than SUV guy wouldn't give in. Than realized what he just did started to fear for his life and started running over bikers.

I don't care what the media reports. We're never going to get the true story.

I'd bet the true story is captured on numerous go-pro devices, but because it's unlikely to support the bikers, we'll never see it now.

Discusguy

I'd bet the true story is captured on numerous go-pro devices, but because it's unlikely to support the bikers, we'll never see it now.

99% chance the bikers are at fault. The guy decide to hold his ground than realized how many of them they were.

I see it in the same way as some dude tailgating and you decide to play his game.

I ride alone because of behavior like this. There's something about a group that sharply drops the IQ of each individual rider and leads to shit like this. I can't think of a single group-ride that I've participated in that hasn't devolved into one-upmanship and a dangerous game of people acting like fools on open highways.

I despise riders like this. They give us all a bad name yet two seem to pop up for every one that wraps themselves around a tree.

mm04

And they'd have their plates on their bikes from the start....

If the bikers were innocent they would be the ones pressing charges. They aren't.

Exactly. Why weren't they at the police station en mass to provide their side of the story? Why were the police actively trying to find these guys if they weren't hiding? What did they have to hide if they were in the right? What do law abiding citizens do when there is a collision and someone supposedly hits and runs? Not one of those bikers thought to get the guy's plate while they were chasing him down to call the police and let the authorities do their job? Of course not, because those idiots were breaking laws the whole time.

Jaded

Banned
I never wish anything to happen to people that would have them harmed but these bikers deserve what has happened or is about to happen to them, disgusting that they acted like a pack of wolves on a bike.

Bowler

New rumor... could be tales from my ass:

After Cruz was struck when brake checking the RR, everything stopped including RR and all other bikers. Cruz was slow to get up, and Meezee got off of his bike in front of the RR to check on cruz. At this point the other riders, still pointing swearing and 1 rider began shaking/ rocking said RR. At which point the Driver chose flight in the face of a mob brewing. This choice had a very severe aftermath. Not only did he run over Meezee, but it was also the bike in which he ran over that ultimately caused the tire to deflate and peel off after 100 mph speeds and 50 blocks later. At no point did the bikers "slash tires" .

Bundy

Banned
You know what else is frightening? A gang of people attacking your car trying to get to you with your wife and young child in the car. There are legitimate reasons to be fearful for your safety. This was one of them for the people in that SUV.
This!
Fuck the bikers! They started this shit.

If I understand, the ONLY reason none of you didn't already kill somebody is just because you still didn't find, yet, a reason do to so, right?

Again, frightening...

Man, these situations are nothing alike, like, nothing. Come on Todd, get a clue.

Amagon

After Cruz was struck when brake checking the RR, everything stopped including RR and all other bikers. Cruz was slow to get up, and Meezee got off of his bike in front of the RR to check on cruz. At this point the other riders, still pointing swearing and 1 rider began shaking/ rocking said RR. At which point the Driver chose flight in the face of a mob brewing. This choice had a very severe aftermath. Not only did he run over Meezee, but it was also the bike in which he ran over that ultimately caused the tire to deflate and peel off after 100 mph speeds and 50 blocks later. At no point did the bikers "slash tires" .

Rumors are shit since these squids are refusing to cooperate with police, privatizing their online groups, deleting videos, not providing any evidence.

Nobody wants to come forward and for that, I give two shits to whatever they have to say.

A police source said many of the bikers who cops have spoken to so far haven’t been any help in their probe.
“The motorcyclists are being uncooperative, those that have been interviewed. … They’re full of crap. They’re saying they didn’t see anything. They’re saying, ‘I was just standing there.’ It’s a joke.

No Love

Banned
"Justice"? Is this reality? If you and your mentally-deficient buddies surround and stop my family and I on the West Side Highway, I am going to flatten as many of your spinal columns as possible. Don't want to end up a vegetable? Don't make a law-abiding man fear for the safety of himself, his wife, and his TWO YEAR OLD DAUGHTER.

Also:

1. Riding w/out license plates
2. Reckless driving through red lights and on sidewalks
3. Mob mentality that goes hand-in-hand w/ these groups

Why would any rational person think the RR driver did something so irrational as to warrant the ire of the bikers? Given the biker's demonstrated idiocy, there's no reason to believe the RR driver brought this on himself.

I'm not surprised that these degenerates are calling for "justice" for the now-disabled rider. Birds of feather, fruit doesn't fall far from the tree, etc.

Agreed 100%. It's too bad the driver let these guys follow him and attack him. When fleeing, he should've used his vehicle as a weapon to defend himself and not gotten trapped and dragged out. If you get forced to a stop, fuck it, just go in reverse and constantly force a path.

Anyone defending the bikers is completely out of touch with reality and has NO ground to stand on. SMH at the morons on Facebook defending these piece of shit bikers.

xbhaskarx

Rumors are shit since these squids are refusing to cooperate with police, privatizing their online groups, deleting videos, not providing any evidence.

Nobody wants to come forward and for that, I give two shits to whatever they have to say.

A police source said many of the bikers who cops have spoken to so far haven’t been any help in their probe.
“The motorcyclists are being uncooperative, those that have been interviewed. … They’re full of crap. They’re saying they didn’t see anything. They’re saying, ‘I was just standing there.’ It’s a joke.

lol hope they all end up in jail.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon

Where did you hear this rumor and did it come from the police that analyzed the car? Because there is absolutely no way any of the bikers would be able to give you that analysis.

It's incredibly transparent how you have been trying to minimize te actions of the bikers.

Bowler you need new friends,

depths20XX

The fact of the matter is when you provoke and escalate a situation to this point you have to be aware of the consequences. Fucking with someone on the road and then ganging up on them and trying to remove them from their vehicle, of course the dude is gonna get the fuck out of there. You don't handle a minor fender bender by attempting to assault someone in the middle of the fucking road.

Bowler

Where did you hear this rumor and did it come from the police that analyzed the car? Because there is absolutely no way any of the bikers would be able to give you that analysis.

It's incredibly transparent how you have been trying to minimize te actions of the bikers.

Oh fuckity fuck... you caught me. Im masterbating to the video right now. Dont tell anyone that wheelies get me hard.

As I pointed out many times already, I like both sides of the story, I use to be part of the lifestyle. Honestly with as many times the news has changed with this, should give you indication that not everything has been released.

Im not minimizing there actions either. We saw what happened. In excusable reactions that had a no thought process what so ever.

Ignore me like others have had if need be, but I havent hidden one bit in my beliefs, my thoughts, or my posts

antonz

A few of the older videos show the police attempt to deal with them but the problem is in most cases its just an issue of 1 cop car isn't going to do much against 100+ bikes.

Another video has them down by Yankee Stadium and due to all the traffic they are just riding down the sidewalks revving their engines to scare people to hug the wall to not get run over etc. They finally exit the sidewalk and start driving down the wrong side of the road and 2 cops attempt to pull in front of them but it looks like the cops were more for patrolling yankee stadium on little scooter like bikes and are no match for the bikers who just gun it.

What New York needs is a Frank Castle. Steel plate up a car and put a cattleguard on the front and just wait for these red light runners. Every video is the same they just fly through red lights and then get violent when someone dares try to go on their green light

andthebeatgoeson

The biker with the iPad pisses me off. Is it just me?

Oh fuckity fuck... you caught me. Im masterbating to the video right now. Dont tell anyone that wheelies get me hard.

As I pointed out many times already, I like both sides of the story, I use to be part of the lifestyle. Honestly with as many times the news has changed with this, should give you indication that not everything has been released.

Im not minimizing there actions either. We saw what happened. In excusable reactions that had a no thought process what so ever.

Ignore me like others have had if need be, but I havent hidden one bit in my beliefs, my thoughts, or my posts
You're trying pretty hard to minimize actions. Come on, you tried to say some people were yelling and one, single person was rocking a fucking SUV. The news has only gotten worse for the bikers and they have been the opposite of forthcoming, so yes, it's pretty obvious what your bias is and that you're trying to minimize the blame the group should have.

So why aren't you relaying this information to the police with contact information of your sources?

BadAss2961

They never are. And they're under no legal obligation to protect anyone from shit. A persons safety is their own responsibility.
Seriously, this whole scene is like something out of a movie where all hell breaks loose and the cops don't show up until the credits.

Living in the area, I know there's typically police everywhere just waiting for people to slip up on the road. It's pretty amazing how long this huge situation went on without a cop in sight.

Bowler

You're trying pretty hard to minimize actions. Come on, you tried to say some people were yelling and one, single person was rocking a fucking SUV. The news has only gotten worse for the bikers and they have been the opposite of forthcoming, so yes, it's pretty obvious what your bias is and that you're trying to minimize the blame the group should have.

have you read my posts from earlier? In reality the message from one is still the same. No damage was done to RR until after the run over. this includes the part of the video in which they stopped the car.

So why aren't you relaying this information to the police with contact information of your sources?
How can I, as I stated its just rumor, heard from a friend of a friend. Could be complete bullshit... as was the text from last night in which someone stated "to talk insurance" yeah Ok.

suppose its time for me to check out of this thread :/ half life 3 anyone?

have you read my posts from earlier? In reality the message from one is still the same. No damage was done to RR until after the run over. this includes the part of the video in which they stopped the car.

How can I, as I stated its just rumor, heard from a friend of a friend. Could be complete bullshit... as was the text from last night in which someone stated "to talk insurance" yeah Ok.

suppose its time for me to check out of this thread :/ half life 3 anyone?
So you're posting bullshit rumors you wouldn't tell the cops... why? If you don't believe it, why post it? You're out right admitting they stopped the fucking car, and yet you're still trying to minimize what they did. Oh there was no damage till he drive away in total fucking fear, I guess that makes their actions a okay. You say you used to be part of the scene and that it's bullshit to blame all bikers for the actions of the few, but I'm not doing that. I'm blaming you for what you are doing- trying to turn a situation where the bikers were in the wrong into a morally grey area where the media and police are lying about how the bikers were acting. Except when all proof is to the contrary, you post rumors you admit are probably bullshit to back yourself up.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Some (all?) of you are frightening. You can't just run the fuck over people because they brake checked you. You can't flee an accident because you drive a range rover.

You're not allowed to attempt to pull a guy out of a car to beat him either.

Bowler

So you're posting bullshit rumors you wouldn't tell the cops... why? If you don't believe it, why post it? You're out right admitting they stopped the fucking car, and yet you're still trying to minimize what they did. Oh there was no damage till he drive away in total fucking fear, I guess that makes their actions a okay. You say you used to be part of the scene and that it's bullshit to blame all bikers for the actions of the few, but I'm not doing that. I'm blaming you for what you are doing- trying to turn a situation where the bikers were in the wrong into a morally grey area where the media and police are lying about how the bikers were acting. Except when all proof is to the contrary, you post rumors you admit are probably bullshit to back yourself up.

hahaha reading is not your strong point. I wont even

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Are there not police in New York? I don't understand how these bikers can get away with riding like this regularly.

jgmo870

Banned
Are there not police in New York? I don't understand how these bikers can get away with riding like this regularly.

In one of the videos, they actually passed by a couple of cops who were directing traffic. They probably thought it was an official rally because they didn't do anything.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon

Uh huh. Your initial 'recap' completely ignore the fact that the driver of the RR got forced to stop and was surrounded by the bikers in the middle of the highway. Your next recap stated that the bikers likely wanted to just talk/yell at the RR driver. Then you said you 'heard a rumor' that no car denting or tire slashing occurred at the original gang up. Now some car shaking may have occurred and the tires blew from damage caused by driving over one of the bikes (analysis from bikers who were allowed to inspect the RR apparently) What is the next rumor you might hear? Biker accidentally hit the car with his helmet as he was taking it off?

These bikers are for all intents and purposes, a biker gang. They were driving around the city with their license plates removed, causing all kinds of mayhem. It's obvious to anyone what occurred here. Every excuse I have heard sounds like it's coming from a child caught doing something bad.

The story has not actually changed much since the initial report/video. What has changed? Officially, not from the rumors you hear.

Tzeentch

Gee, I think I'll go with the latter. Mighty surprising that will all those Go-Pros recording everything you can only trot out these tired-ass excuses. Oh wait, it's not surprising because every biker with two brain cells now realizes that the initial video (that they released to show how 'evil' that Range Rover driver was) actually exposes some of their criminality.

I do have to hand it to these cyclists though, they've managed to do the impossible and have the entire nation rally around a rich Range Rover driver. Never thought I would see this day come to pass.

antonz

If police make any serious attempt the group can just scatter in a million directions and the manpower to actually deal with 200 bikers is quite prohibitive.

NYPD did the best they could from preventing the main gathering. Multiple groups were to meetup at Time Square and then head out but NYPD setup blockades at key points preventing access so groups ended up angered on their own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom