• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Killzone: Shadow Fall story trailer [new footage]

I noticed you can pre-order the digital version on the website, but is it a pre-order or actually a pre-purchase?

Edit:

It's a pre-purchase so expect funds to be added to your PSN wallet.

Have the Killzone pack on order but after watching the BF4 trailer this left me underwhelmed, looked pretty rough in parts and frame rate didn't look consistent.

The facial animation is out of date, lips on that lady were god damn awful.

Still looking forward to playing it.

I'm getting both, but you need to remember, they're showcasing bf4 on pc's not on consoles. It won't look like that on a ps4.

People comparing character models out of a first person shooter and a third person action game are absolutely clueless. It isn't an apt comparison whatsoever.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Crap rain and weird facial animations aside, I have to say that this is one of the first console launches where there is a title that is considerably a step up from the previous generation in terms of visuals.

It took until Gears of War on the 360, and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune on the PS3, before I felt that the next generation of gaming had really arrived.

Killzone: SF looks like it simply could not have been done on the PS3, first person shooter or not. GG is beast when it comes to gaming tech, and, much like with Killzone 2, it's going to be all the little things that they're doing that we don't even notice at first playthrough, but tickle our subconscious that makes this game above and beyond what we're getting on the PS4.

The point is, we're getting launch titles that look this good. We're going to be absolutely floored in about a year or two.

Alright guys forget I said anything.

Just saying that these look pretty bad

iwtc0dfG9LVTV.gif

Those facial animations are dreadful. Her mouth moves really weirdly and it breaks the realsim the facial details have in place

Gurish

Holy shit at the gamersyde trailer and some of those screen caps!

I don't understand how can anyone complain too much,yea there are some minor faults that are caused because the game is dated for launch but this must be some of the most impressive footage i have ever seen!

What's wrong with you discussing about rain and some small trees at the back of a big scenery that doesn't cast a shadow for 10 pages?
Are you insane!?

Like holy shit at this footage and it's only launch!

It looks like this game may actual have some real pacing this time. Killzone thus far has been mostly gunfights punctuated by explosions. Doesn't do the lore the series has any justice at all. Hopefully this reverses that trend.

pixelbox

Come to think of it, I don't think this is the latest build. It was probably passable for a trailer and the screenshot with the dam proves this. Clearly it didn't load properly.

meppi

Holy shit the video on gameryde looks twice as impressive compared to anything I've seen from Killzone so far.

Well it's nearly 5 times the size of that crappy youtube version, so that's given.

It's now also much more noticeable how the light source on Echo's face is responsible for it looking a little off in that particular environment.
I noticed it in the youtube video as well, but in this new one you can clearly see a beehive like pattern on her face as the unseen source of light illuminates it.
Very nice detail actually. The game looks terrific. Really starting to look forward to playing it.

Atrophis

OK that spoiled a lot of environments we will see in the game. Had to watch it though as I was getting sick of seeing that forest level. Most of it looks sublime. That rain though holy shit...

Venturer

Had my doubts when I first saw it, but youtube's crappy compression doesn't do it justice.

Gamersyde high res version looks pretty good even compared with bf4's ultra pc settings trailer.

i-Lo

Some people are bitching on some awe inspiring levels. Honestly, I find the facial animation really good. Having played and enjoyed games like Fallout and Skyrim and especially previous KZ titles, I find the facial animation to be done rather well, especially, given it is GG we are talking about who are known far better for their atmosphere than face design on characters.

Coming to gaming threads nowadays (for both ps4 and xbone) is like walking on surface littered with tiny sharp objects. I don't know if it is me or the console war but I find the level of cynicism and corresponding obsession to find issues at an all time high.

Some people are bitching on some awe inspiring levels. Honestly, I find the facial animation really good. Having played and enjoyed games like Fallout and Skyrim and especially previous KZ titles, I find the facial animation to be done rather well, especially, given it is GG we are talking about who are known far better for their atmosphere than face design on characters.

Coming to gaming threads nowadays (for both ps4 and xbone) is like walking on surface littered with tiny sharp objects. I don't know if it is me or the console war but I find the level of cynicism and corresponding obsession to find issues at an all time high.

Totally agree. The new trailer floored me. I have no idea why people are nit picking the tiniest of things. Same with The Order screenshots (which look insane), and people single out the stupidest little things. It's bizarre and is happening far more than I remember from the start of last gen.

I think the problem here is that GG hasn't invested in mocap, or at least that's what it looks like. The companies that continue to hand animate faces are going to be left behind this gen.
Mo Cap is certainly more used, but companies like Naughty Dog have held up quite well without mo-capped faces thus far.

Timu

Crap rain and weird facial animations aside, I have to say that this is one of the first console launches where there is a title that is considerably a step up from the previous generation in terms of visuals.

It took until Gears of War on the 360, and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune on the PS3, before I felt that the next generation of gaming had really arrived.

Killzone: SF looks like it simply could not have been done on the PS3, first person shooter or not. GG is beast when it comes to gaming tech, and, much like with Killzone 2, it's going to be all the little things that they're doing that we don't even notice at first playthrough, but tickle our subconscious that makes this game above and beyond what we're getting on the PS4.

The point is, we're getting launch titles that look this good. We're going to be absolutely floored in about a year or two.
Yep, the future looks bright already for next gen.

RotBot

It looks like Guerilla Games is finally exploring the hazy morality that they put into the original backstory but ignored in the good guys vs bad guys plot of the games.

If the backstory of Killzone was compared to Earth history, then the Helghans are basically colonial America and the UCA/ISA (side you fight for) is the British Empire. The colonizers turn America into a booming economic hub. Britain decides to increase taxes and regulations to keep America under control. America revolts, except in this story, Britain wins, takes over the original colonies, and forces all the colonists to migrate to the least hospital parts of the continent where all who can't adapt die of starvation and exposure. Over 100 years later, the rugged surviving colonists have gotten back onto their economic feet, but the British Empire uses its power to enforce unfair trading arrangements, which plummets them into a depression and causes widespread famine and poverty. This allows a charismatic leader to execute a popular coup and establishes a military state which can fight back against the British Empire. After biding their time and building up forces, the colonists launch an assault to take back the lands they were expelled from. Now you, Captain Jan Templar, are tasked with defending our peaceful empire from these evil Nazi weirdos who have attacked us for no reason.

Um... ok. God save the King and fuck those Nazis!

Top Bottom