• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Browser Screenshot Thread

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I'm posting the images from the OT also here.

Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01paqdn.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0167ox1.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0190smi.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01uls0l.jpg

69wpm

Ok, something is weird about the screenshot feature: COD: Ghosts looks like shit as if it has no AA at all, yet in motion it looks better. The same thing is going on with TW101, jaggies stand out way more in screenshots than in the game. Are the developers using some weird form of AA that isn't captured by the screenshot tool?

Zalman

Man this thread makes me want a Wii U, but I won't get one until 2014 at the earliest.D=

If only I didn't preorder both PS4 and X1, lol.
Why get both of those when they're so similar? You could cancel one of them and get the Wii U instead.

D-e-f-

Banned
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01enuel.jpg

Game, are you implying that they can't see a grown ass man with big flowy clothes hanging from the wall in a gorram opera house?

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01clsfv.jpg

Now nobody remembers there was a dude hanging from the wall minutes earlier.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01fjcc6.jpg

"Could somebody find me a baton? I need to go southeast and get me some of Granny's soup, asap!"

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01koow2.jpg

Video games and their movie-fetish.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01qdc6s.jpg

And this would be my new playground for the next week or so, yes?

Pjsprojects

AC4 and Deus Ex look great on the Wii U =).

So of the recent multiplatform games, it's looking like the games perform somewhat better on the Wii U?

AC4 = seems like a general consensus actually looks better on Wii U.
Deus Ex - performs the same and has GamePad functionality?
Batman: Arkham Origins - while missing the multiplayer, other gaf threads were saying there were fewer bugs (and no framerate issues unlike PS3 iirc)?

Don't forget COD Ghosts, the graphics are a notch above PS360.

dearodie

Don't forget COD Ghosts, the graphics are a notch above PS360.

COD ghosts for WiiU is a bit of a mixed bag in terms of quality, prologue shots:
iI612B5Dn3S9r.jpg

Nice house:
iOHDtCUSTzGBC.jpg

ibwPxwiONbNvCD.jpg

Looks better on a big screen:
ibsXrLdLP1b1Y6.jpg

Shooting in zero gravity: (I'd expect blood to be floating around):
iYlG1zL4BaPql.jpg

Federation enemy scum:
iUURNk7wIa3Ny.jpg

Some nice lighting:
iWa4N0JW93ZTs.jpg

Odin in sight:
iXzvtgTLTGJEM.jpg

Will miss Mosley:
iMcNexknFBtph.jpg

Impact:
iMewvacJPqgyQ.jpg

Begin first mission:
iGrOmXJ1ioQK5.jpg

Search doggie:
ibz046x1ABNE0V.jpg

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Mario & Sonic at Sochi 2014

The Roller Coaster Bobsleigh dream event is practically a Sonic Racing Transformer stage in winter time:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01egoh8.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01c7q2f.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0144op3.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01glojv.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01nts9v.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01pzp4z.jpg

I just finished playing some ZombiU. It's such a good game, but I can only play it for small sittings. It can really unnerve me sometimes. lol

iIhyUSBVC9eBO.jpg

iCgWmtIngU2cV.jpg

iRmutF6zzW7e8.jpg

ibsHS7aYXtQFZy.jpg

ibkqT32c36c1TI.jpg

D-e-f-

Banned
AC4 has better textures going on.

As for Ghosts, I don't know, gaming journalism sites seem uninterested.

And certain effects are in line with the PS4 version (I specifically recall waterfalls). But nobody has done a proper and THOROUGH comparison yet.

It is definitely in the middle of the spectrum.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
You might want to look at who uploaded that picture. It was me. I messed up. I took it from this very thread. It got mixed in with the BLOPS2 shots and I have put in a request to get it deleted but since their mods hardly ever check the threads for that stuff it's still there.

your shame shall live on for all eternity thanks to the internet

Seik

Banned
AC4 has better textures going on.

As for Ghosts, I don't know, gaming journalism sites seem uninterested.

Does the PS360 versions have the same awful framerate though? I just unwrapped my copy to give it a spin and my god, I almost immediately had the idea to do this.

T3gzFCz.png

If the framerate is the same, well, Wii U's got the best port I guess, yay!

EDarkness

Does the PS360 versions have the same awful framerate though? I just unwrapped my copy to give it a spin and my god, I almost immediately had the idea to do this.

If the framerate is the same, well, Wii U's got the best port I guess, yay!

I don't understand where you guys are getting these framerate issues. I've been playing the hell out of that game and I haven't had any real framerate problems. Though, I'll admit that I had a brief moment while I was sailing and attacked a couple of ships.

Holy fuck at those Wonderful 101 spoilers. Thank God I've finished. Guess I should steer clear of this place until I've cleared any title I'm playing or plan on playing. Totally ducking out until I complete 3D World.

D-e-f-

Banned
Holy fuck at those Wonderful 101 spoilers. Thank God I've finished. Guess I should steer clear of this place until I've cleared any title I'm playing or plan on playing. Totally ducking out until I complete 3D World.
I hadn't finished TW101 so those shots mean nothing to me outside of "you go to locations other than the city." It's fine.

Top Bottom