• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Racism caught on tape (NSFW) for starting car : White woman +kids vs Black male

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
yeah. honestly he should have just told her to piss off and then left. what did he think he was gonna get out of filming her for so long. she's getting nastier as the video progresses.

lol he got exactly what he thought he'd get from filming her. A viral. fucking. video.

.GqueB.

Banned
Vitriol for vitriol. Obviously I don't want her or her kids to get hurt, but damn dude, you say stupid shit like that and the people of today do not take kindly to it. Especially her recent Twitter post.

It's not really helping though is it? It's only going to increase her hate then she's going to pass it down to her children and they'll likely grow up just as shitty (probably). And then you have all of this attention she's getting. She stood on a box and we gave her a stage.

I'm not sure what the right response is but this is just so hypocritical to me. She called a man a nigger and people are saying they're going to find her and attack her? They're more insane than she is. They're empty threats I'm sure but jesus.

I don't know. I guess I don't understand how people operate these days. The human race can be strange sometimes.

Straaannnge indeed.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
the fact that he posts the video without filtering the kids, shows he is inconsiderate too
that woman can press for charges for this, far more serious than racism

Press charges for what now? Were they in public? Yes? Please elaborate.

BHK3

Banned
Jesus that's...that's just bad. I expected some comment leading into an argument but this is on a whole nother level. "YOU'RE A NASTY FUCKING NIGGER" Holy shit how do you end up this way? Family must be a giant circle of hatred.

Siegcram

Ultimately that's what bothers me. She's a sad individual, from what I can tell from limited information, but I have equally low respect for anyone who enjoys ganging up in mass for aggressive hatefulness against her. It won't help. And it only lowers yourself to where she is.
No it fucking doesn't.

Xcellere

The argument always circles back to "WHY CAN'T I SAY IT?!" at the end of the day.

There's the five stages of grief:

1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance

Now I think there should be the five stages of modern racism:

1. Use coded/blatant racism
2. Backlash
3. Claim victimization
4. Blacks can say it but I can't
5. Insincere repentance

One of the things that keeps puzzling me is that her kids were "scared" of the car when it started up. What kind of Traumatized kids or reasons why kids would be scared of a car starting up or what ever. These kids are big enough. Apparently both of them were scared when he started this car. Thats not a normal reaction at all. What were they really scared of, the actual car start up, his presence in the car cause i'm sure that woman has instilled gross racist ideologies in their minds, cant imagine what else they must go through and taught by anyone like that. If the area has a large black population, makes me wonder how many times she may have possibly pulled that stunt on other people too. Smh

It's not really helping though is it? It's only going to increase her hate then she's going to pass it down to her children and they'll likely grow up just as shitty (probably). And then you have all of this attention she's getting. She stood on a box and we gave her a stage.

I'm not sure what the right response is but this is just so hypocritical to me. She called a man a nigger and people are saying they're going to find her and attack her? They're more insane than she is. They're empty threats I'm sure but jesus.

I don't know. I guess I don't understand how people operate these days. The human race can be strange sometimes.

Straaannnge indeed.

It's not like I'm out of that agreement - death threats aren't worth it. But let's not pretend at some point she'll stop being an ignorant piece of shit had this all not gone viral. I mean, whatever, speak your mind, but keep it within bounds, else you become just like her.

Stupid woman being racist is now gonna be famous. I hate this society.

Should you really hate a society that downs those who are racist? Imagine decades ago, how this sort of thing would have went through - positive, and like it was another day in the (racist) neighborhood. Today, you have people actually getting mad at that word being used on a black person.

It's fucking odd how far we've come, and how we just don't accept that shit as a whole society anymore. "Famous" isn't really the right term for her, more like infamous. Nobody but the Tea Party and fellow racist will get an autograph while the rest of the world shakes its collective head.

If anything, that's beautiful (sans the death threats. Stop that.)

What's so bad about it?
Exactly. It's like the people who say this, don't understand the culture the use of "nigga" came from, or how its use and connotation in hiphop culture is much different than outside of it.

Like I've always said, always better to take a negative and make it a positive, rather than throw it in a closet and toss away the key.

Xcellere

One of the things that keeps puzzling me is that her kids were "scared" of the car when it started up. What kind of Traumatized kids or reasons why kids would be scared of a car starting up or what ever. These kids are big enough. Apparently both of them were scared when he started this car. Thats not a normal reaction at all. What were they really scared of, the actual car start up, his presence in the car cause i'm sure that woman has instilled gross racist ideologies in their minds, cant imagine what else they must go through and taught by anyone like that. If the area has a large black population, makes me wonder how many times she may have possibly pulled that stunt on other people too. Smh

You didn't hear? When rap cars are turned on they emit a dehumanizing sound.

the fact that he posts the video without filtering the kids, shows he is inconsiderate too
that woman can press for charges for this, far more serious than racism

Kids were in public, if you are in public you are fair game for picture taking and videos. Please explain how this is more serious than racism.

OnPoint

Tell me how you really feel. Seriously. Now you gonna be calling me stupid over it because I don't exactly agree 100% with you.

I did tell you how I really feel, and I honestly can't see how collapsing back onto a hackneyed saying might make you feel like you're coming out on top here. I didn't call you stupid, though I did infer it based on your posts. With what you've posted, what evidence do I have to think otherwise?

And to be clear, it's not because you disagree with me. It's because the way you disagree is so outlandishly ironic that I can't believe someone would post the things you've posted and expect me to be swayed.

But considering you missed the point before, I'm not shocked to see a continued trend. Cheers.

hachi

Banned
No it fucking doesn't.

Jenelle1_zpsc9ac0e71.png

Threats and sexual jokes concerning her daughter, yeah, those certainly do descend to her level. I evidently disagree with you fundamentally on hatefulness. It can never make one the better person under any circumstances, all it can do is degrade you. And it certainly won't do anything but further exacerbate this woman's hatefulness in turn. We seem to have forgotten some of this in the internet age.

commedieu

Banned
You're greatly exaggerating his posts, I just read over the entire set once again. I don't myself find many of them particularly insightful, but he clearly said that her actions themselves are not to be defended, and he didn't seem to be the apologist he's made out to be. He mostly responded to note that things like "what a shitstain of a person" are needlessly hateful, and I personally agree that it's never useful to direct that kind of hatred at anyone, particularly not knowing their past (which cannot excuse, but may bring some sympathy, just like many abusers had an abusive upbringing). He was a bit corny in the end about "work it out over coffee", but you're going well beyond with accusing him of trying to make her look justified.

Cyber said he didn't know the other side of the story. It's just ignorance and being sheltered, I'd put my % on. And again, Cyber has made it this far without any of this needing to be explained, so they are fine in their social world. But No, the only thing I am accusing him of, is;

- Asking about what her side of the story is.
- people who are upset say racist things.

With that, I find nothing I've said exaggeration. Cyber isn't new. This isn't a new mindset on GAF. It doesn't require kid gloves to handle. There is nothing precautionary to learn about when a person announces to the world that they've been sheltered from the reality of race. You learn from your mistakes, as you have other people to now give you different view points. You can either accept those realities, or try to rationalize the racism still. Which was Cybers problem.

They made an ass out of themselves over racism that they don't understand why its racism. They dont understand, probably due to environment. But I can't feel bad for anyone who doesn't understand racism, its almost as if they are the lucky ones, as to them, it really requires special specific circumstances, as well as the moon/sun aligning, to really be something truly racist. This is blatant racism. Anything else discussed around it, is still stemming from this being racist to begin with, and nothing else. So to try any approach where its not a racist situation, gets you where Cybers mindset is. An ignorant one.

Threats and sexual jokes concerning her daughter, yeah, those certainly do descend to her level. I evidently disagree with you fundamentally on hatefulness. It can never make one the better person under any circumstances, all it can do is degrade you. And it certainly won't do anything but further exacerbate this woman's hatefulness in turn. We seem to have forgotten some of this in the internet age.

I like how you cherry pick the very worst. Not every comment from here or on Twitter is a life-threatening assault.

What would you have us do, hachi? Ignore the racism? Sweep it under the rug? Because that's how shit doesn't get fixed. You move it away from view and say, hell, let'em go.

Once again, I'm not advocating violence or anything of the sort, but making this shit public? I'm game.

Oh, and this possible exacerbating of her hate doesn't matter. Read the shit she's posting. You really think if people just let it go, she'd actually be remorseful?

Herr K

Banned
Not to derail ... but sued for what exactly?

Maybe we need a new thread on the litigiousness of America.

Can't you sue for basically anything under the sun in the US? The man on the video clearly said he was suing or something to that effect.

Mesoian

The guy at 2:14...that's how I felt.

Just...sigh and shake your head

Oh lord. "How many cops have I stripped for." Two kids behind her. Classy.

Can't you sue for basically anything under the sun in the US? The man on the video clearly said he was suing or something to that effect.

Probably some sort of harassment, but It wouldn't have gotten anywhere in the courts. Most likely than not, it would have been thrown out by a judge since no actual criminal activity occured.

Ultimately that's what bothers me. She's a sad individual, from what I can tell from limited information, but I have equally low respect for anyone who enjoys ganging up in mass for aggressive hatefulness against her. It won't help. And it only lowers yourself to where she is.

I can make fun of a person who uses a racial slur (demeaning groups of people) to try and irritate an individual (singular person, just to be clear) who has done much nothing to set them off, and laugh 100% without guilt, and still be the awesome guy I am. Do you know why?

Because a sane person does not immediately jump to throwing slurs at an individual who is irritating them. You can go for low-blows that don't involve slurs, sane or not.

By the way, claiming it should be excused because she's "insane"...is a bit of an insult to decent people with real mental issues. Just like w/ the Sterling stuff...okay, so he comes from a different era, so what? There are plenty of other people alive from that era who aren't bigots, why suddenly give him a pass for such a weak excuse?

If we can agree on anything tho, it's that Janelle is indeed crazy, and should go see a psychiatrist. Maybe go into their childhood or past experience, whatever they feel they have to do.

I can only speak for myself, but I don't hate the lady one bit. I don't even know or care about her. But if joshing on her gets her to maybe consider she was wrong and needs to fix some things, if only for the sake of her kids.....I'm gonna make fun of all this to my heart's content. I know my reasoning is correct and that's good enough for me.

Siegcram

I'd rather live in a world where a hateful, ignorant and racist person gets some anonymous, empty threats on the internet for verbally attacking a stranger in front of her kids, than one that would sweep that under the rug under the veil of forgiveness and understanding.

She took her hate into the public and gets shouted down for it. Do you really think the opposite reaction would have resulted in her crtitically reflecting on her stance on race?

And I'm sure that woman has done more harm to her daughter than a tweet she's never gonna read.

This "turning the other cheek" shtick is BS.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I did tell you how I really feel, and I honestly can't see how collapsing back onto a hackneyed saying might make you feel like you're coming out on top here. I didn't call you stupid, though I did infer it based on your posts. With what you've posted, what evidence do I have to think otherwise?

And to be clear, it's not because you disagree with me. It's because the way you disagree is so outlandishly ironic that I can't believe someone would post the things you've posted and expect me to be swayed.

But considering you missed the point before, I'm not shocked to see a continued trend. Cheers.

I can see you are really hurt. Seek help.
KuGsj.gif

How am I supposed to be offended when you simply are acting childish when you are clearly not getting me either. Pot meet Kettle. You don't know me and I don't know you so keep it cute.

inm8num2

As backward as this country keeps going im fully expecting either the Tea Party or a new fringe group to pop up and start embracing this new open movement of "Tolerate my intolerance because of freedom of speech" fuckwadery. There's plenty of politicians to lead them, they will just eventually get tired of having to apologize everytime they slip and say something that gets them in trouble and finally just admit "fuck it i'm racist/bigoted, but its my right" and these people will stand up and applaud them feeling empowered and vindicated. You can see it, its right there. You can almost see people just waiting in anticipation for it to happen.

Yea, I thought the same thing. It's happened before and could definitely happen in this situation.

I was hoping for this at first. People reacted to her racism, then she started lighting it up even further and then it heightened to total war.

Ah that social media.

That lady is a piece of shit. And wtf with people needing to know her back story? There is no excuse for being like that. None. Zero. The guy handled it extremely well. Good on him for keeping his cool.

OnPoint

I can see you are really hurt. Seek help.
KuGsj.gif

How am I supposed to be offended when you simply are acting childish when you are clearly not getting me either. Pot meet Kettle.

I'm not hurt. But you're right, I didn't get you at first. I understand now that you're just trolling. Moving on.

Zaph

I was certain that twitter was fake - like a troll slyly changing the name of an old twitter account they don't use. But nope, the old tweets seem consistent. Talking about NY and shit.

Still kinda worried about those kids. She's nuts, racist and with a victim mentality - can easily see this turning into her hurting those kids thinking she's 'protecting' them from the internet. Hopefully that ex is on it and he goes to get them.

inm8num2

At this point that lady seems to be trolling for attention. It might not be a bad idea to ignore her and let her process the magnitude of her own stupidity, rather than distract herself by arguing with strangers.

JDSN

Banned
New rule: If a single black person reacts aggressively online about the news of blatant racist act the onus swifts away from the racist person, that way black people will always have part of the blame because racism is truly a mental illness that deserves our pity, tolerance and, most importantly, total apathy.

You didn't hear? When rap cars are turned on they emit a dehumanizing sound.

I actually got startled by a car suddenly starting up in my periphery, when walking back home a few days ago. It was in a parking lot & pretty quiet about. I laughed pretty hard at the stupidity of myself for actually getting startled. :p

hachi

Banned
I like how you cherry pick the very worst. Not every comment from here or on Twitter is a life-threatening assault.

What would you have us do, hachi? Ignore the racism? Sweep it under the rug? Because that's how shit doesn't get fixed. You move it away from view and say, hell, let'em go.

Once again, I'm not advocating violence or anything of the sort, but making this shit public? I'm game.

Oh, and this possible exacerbating of her hate doesn't matter. Read the shit she's posting. You really think if people just let it go, she'd actually be remorseful?

To be clear, I didn't cherry-pick or even create that screenshot. I'm repeating it from the post that my post was in response to, because the context seemed to have been lost.

I find the binary opposition here strange. It's not ignoring the problem to say that we shouldn't put her face all over the internet and gloat in hatred at how ignorant she is. I agree that making an incident like this public can potentially be useful and edifying... but I'm not so sure that identifying her rather than blurring her face was a good idea, given that it opens the floodgates to all her social media being ganged up on in a way that will only elevate her and exacerbate her statements.

Likewise, explaining and justifying are not the same thing. Everyone is responsible for what comes out of their own mouth, so I agree that there is no justification, particularly when her words were so very racist and aggressive. But that doesn't mean it's pointless to try and explain or understand where that comes from in her upbringing or life. If you forbid explanation entirely and just focus on her being the scum of the earth, that does little but foster more hatefulness.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
To most of you, the day you saw that racism like this is strong in the world today it was one of the most important days of your lives. To me, a black person who plays games on the internet, it was Tuesday.

akira28

so she's a stripper with stripper tattoos, 2 kids running around, she posts white rap artists all over her twitter, and acts like a white hood rat, albeit a racist Italian one.

but she "doesn't like niggers". Ok.

jadedm17

Hey, I worked there... Yea, this spread like wildfire on my facebook feed.
Working in Cheektowaga made me racist too. Glad I left.
That lady is insane and there's no reason for her actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom