• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Racism caught on tape (NSFW) for starting car : White woman +kids vs Black male

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might get vilified for this, but why didn't he just drive off? What was the point in staying there and video taping/antagonizing the woman?

1. Evidence if she wanted to call the cops.
2. He has every right to be there, no matter what she says. It's a public spot that she has no jurisdiction over, even in her racist mind of minds.
3. To show that racism is alive and well to the internet.
4. To show that this person is a shit parent.

I think 2 was enough, but whatever. "Antagonizing" is such a general term considering she a. already called him the n-word and he b. was calm as fuck the entire time. Sitting there while she pops off with a camera isn't necessarily the wrong thing to do. Just because she's mad doesn't mean it's not right to tape her.

I might get vilified for this, but why didn't he just drive off? What was the point in staying there and video taping/antagonizing the woman?

Evidence. The chances of believing a black guy over a white woman with kids is slim to none. So video evidence, showing that she was harassing him and he was doing nothing.

Realize, in any situation that has a hint of law enforcement, most black people (and many poorer white people) I know automatically resort to CYA, even if they've done nothing wrong.

OnPoint

1. Evidence if she wanted to call the cops.
2. He has every right to be there, no matter what she says. It's a public spot that she has no jurisdiction over, even in her racist mind of minds.
3. To show that racism is alive and well to the internet.
4. To show that this person is a shit parent.

I think 2 was enough, but whatever. "Antagonizing" is such a general term considering she a. already called him the n-word and he b. was calm as fuck the entire time. Sitting there while she pops off with a camera isn't necessarily the wrong thing to do. Just because she's mad doesn't mean it's not right to tape her.

I just don't know why he didn't start his car in silent mode.

Because he had every right to be there.

You wanna show out? Show out for this camera.

I never said he didn't have the right to be there, did I?

She called a police officer over (for whatever reason) to the area. He couldn't leave. She berated him with racial slurs and forced him to stay and waste his time.

As far as I can tell, he wasn't involved in nor a witness to any crime, so he was under no legal obligation to remain.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
This Twitter meltdown (if real) is the funniest shit I've seen in a while.

But are they really racist tweets? I need more evidence.

even if we have that it might not be conclusive , evidence != certainty 101% conclusive sure.

or ..there is the reasonable proposal...if you would hear me out...that she is not only angry with the man, but also a racist.

lol twitter is gold.

i enjoy watching ignorant people argue on the internet over ignorant people arguing in real life

bitch should get a ticket for public disturbance

Think about this for a second. When someone is being antagonized by the police , we grab our phones and record it. They hate it, mostly because they don't want to be ridiculed publicly for what they are doing. But No one on a large scale disagrees or questions the notion that filming cops when they do something unjust is wrong or considered antagonizing them. So why do we have to questions recording a bigot when she's being exactly that? Why is this seen as antagonizing when this is yet another example of unjust behavior.

Derwind

I'd question why didn't she walk away.

She was the one standing inches in front of him, antagonizing and berating him. Fuck I'd be video taping that shit too. Someone has to be either stupid or proud to approach a strange car and hurl racist remarks.

Plus, its her word against his as these things usually go.
We'd be reading an article about a physical altercation between an innocent white woman and a 20 foot tall, gang banging, hulking ignort racists nigger and people would eat that shit up.

Simply put. He recorded the incident in case for posterity's sake. Good on him. Don't care if it hurt her feelings or sensibilities.

CLBridges

I'm a black guy and this video was pretty hilarious. It's a shame the guy had to put up with that rant. But, I wouldn't have even sat there for as long as he did. If I start my car and it scares your child, you should comfort them. I'm not going to sit around and give a fuck about the aftermath lol. Just being honest.

Shameful that some people still think like that lady does but I truly don't GAF.

Speevy

Banned
It may just be human morbid curiosity, but don't you guys want to see what happened before he turned on the video?

I'm fascinated by this kind of craziness.

Buzzati

Banned
I never said he didn't have the right to be there, did I?

As far as I can tell, he wasn't involved in nor a witness to any crime, so he was under no legal obligation to remain.

All we can gather is that she called the police over for something. Perhaps the guy was scared or just looking out for his rights. She mentioned that her husband was a cop. Filming the crazy woman's meltdown was the safest option.

Also shaming her on the internet is kind of nice, too. Not gonna lie.

Derwind

Startin' to get the feeling she's been dumped by more than a few black men.

I can also imagine some of them had the same reaction seeing her in a Skype call.

Maybe people should start using that as a defense bullet point, too.

Good point. She seems really affected by a man being of a dark complexion. Definitely something there.

I just don't know why he didn't start his car in silent mode.

He probably should have bought one of those new fangled silent running electric cars. Would have solved everything.

Speevy

Banned
It's probably something like he was listening to music, she looks at her kids and says "Come on inside, it's just one of those *******." He's like "Excuse me?" The kids say Mommy the big bad black man looked at me!

CrankyJay

Banned
I'd wager at least some of those are angry because it's bringing negative attention to the town and little to do with the woman's conduct against the guy recording; and another crowd are angry because it's getting people to talk about race (the bane of all topics of discussion among white people) with their town in the spotlight.

Overall, I question the sheer amount of time and energy you're spending defending your town/part of the state, like you're in denial that racists could possibly live in your vicinity and like you care less about what transpired and more about the perception of you and those who live around you. No one is personally accusing you of being a racist shithead, although you seem to be reacting like that's exactly what happened. Last I checked, NYC proper is full of racism and racial segregation, and you don't see me getting extremely butthurt and going on the defense when it's pointed out.

I've already acknowledged that racism exists here, but it's no more prevalent than another city in another state in the North East. It's a pretty big insult when someone's individual experience makes them say "yeah, that's pretty typical for that area."

I've never been witness to this type of behavior while out in Buffalo, so this video was a shock. To say it's the norm here and that the typical Buffalonian is a racist shitbag is what I'm rallying against. I'm not sure why that's so hard to understand.

Syriel

Aaaaaahahahahaha! 4:17 on the local news video

"I'm not really that big a racist."

Love that quote. Doesn't deny anything. Should be a politician.

And goes great with her tweet:
vHrQjsd.jpg

the fact that he posts the video without filtering the kids, shows he is inconsiderate too
that woman can press for charges for this, far more serious than racism

Except, not.

There is not a single thing she can do because he filmed a video of her harassing him.

Recording a video of people doing public things in a public place is legal.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
When does one cross that line? Saying it more than once?
Oh shit, you mean we get a free one? What's the cool down timer on it? Can we buy extra uses? Maybe you should integrate a cash store in an app so I can show it to you on my smartphone right before you kick my teeth in. Maybe the app could track us and we could turn it on like Siri and she could say "did you say that with a hard r?".

OnPoint

I've already acknowledged that racism exists here, but it's no more prevalent that another city in another state on the North East. It's a pretty big insult when someone's individual experience makes them say "yeah, that's pretty typical for that area."

I've never been witness this type of behavior while out in Buffalo, so this video was a shock. To say it's the norm here and that the typical Buffalonian is a racist shitbag is what I'm rallying against. I'm not sure why that's so hard to understand.

Apparently calling Cheektowaga something along the lines of an Upstate New York, small town racist nexus is something we can't change today, even though it's not true (it's WNY, there's a large mix of race in the WNY area and a "small town" suburban population of about 90,000). Apparently we're "butthurt" for trying, and regional generalizations that imply an entire area is racist are OK. I just don't see the point in fighting it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom