• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Racism caught on tape (NSFW) for starting car : White woman +kids vs Black male

Status
Not open for further replies.

Two Words

Missed a word. "I could tell some were saying it".

It's hilarious when a racist or giant asshole calls me a "nigger" and expects it to flip a switch on me or something. They believe after they call me that I'm going to just be so upset that nothing I can say back to them will make them anywhere as upset as I will be. I usually just tell them words like that don't bother me from people like them in the same way a yippie dog barking doesn't bother me because it's just a dumb dog doing what dumb dogs do.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Not this bad but this reminds me of a time about 10 years ago when I went to a bus station in that area. I live in Toronto which is about an hour an a half from there. Obviously racism exists here but it's not something I really see and my black friends have told me it's more subtle but it's there. Regardless my friend's brother was coming in on a bus late one night so he was driving from Toronto to pick him up. His girlfriend and I decided to tag along for the ride. She's black and also a good friend of mine.

Anyway, as his brother got to the bus station he had to go fill some paperwork or something so me and her were just walking around chatting and laughing and wasting time. After a bit we both noticed that everyone sitting in the station waiting area was staring at us because it was a white guy walking around chatting with a black girl. Meanwhile everyone else was sitting so segregated. It was really eerie actually. We talked about it on the way home how a place so close can feel so different. This wasn't even that long ago, but I'll never forget it.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Notice how it say originally applied to people of the copper color skin race for the American definition, when studying entomology you deal with what's original, not superficially imposed.

What do insects have to do with this?

Wazzy

Banned
The act itself isn't a racist one. Racism isn't about words. It's about how you view other races. This particular woman made it clear she is racist, but not just because of her saying "nigger". I've had people call me "nigger" before plenty of times growing up. You can tell those that say it just because they want to really piss you off and those that actually view you as a "nigger". It's much like calling a woman "a dumb bitch" because you want to upset her as much as possible, not that you are actually sexist and hold a lower view of women.

Just to be clear, the woman is a racist or clinically insane. Assuming she doesn't talk to every single person like this, It's obvious that she is racist because her entire attitude is towards him was predefined by his race. She was upset because he was a black person. I just think that distinction is important because in my eyes, the part of racism I want to be reviled the most is the fucked up views people have, not the words.

Actually words are very important since they absolutely can show how someone truly feels.

If someone is targeting a black man/women and calling them a nigger, then there's more to their views than just "they tried to say the most hurtful thing and aren't actually racist" much like someone calling a gay man a faggot.

gogosox82

The act itself isn't a racist one. Racism isn't about words. It's about how you view other races. This particular woman made it clear she is racist, but not just because of her saying "nigger". I've had people call me "nigger" before plenty of times growing up. You can tell those that say it just because they want to really piss you off and those that actually view you as a "nigger". It's much like calling a woman "a dumb bitch" because you want to upset her as much as possible, not that you are actually sexist and hold a lower view of women.

Just to be clear, the woman is a racist or clinically insane. Assuming she doesn't talk to every single person like this, It's obvious that she is racist because her entire attitude is towards him was predefined by his race. She was upset because he was a black person. I just think that distinction is important because in my eyes, the part of racism I want to be reviled the most is the fucked up views people have, not the words.

Disagree. Words do have meaning. They wouldn't call you nigger if they thought it wasn't going to hurt you. That is the point of the word. To demean and place an inferior status onto the person you are calling a nigger. The fact that someone would call you a nigger to hurt you isn't because they are assholes (though they probably are assholes), it has more to do with the fact that they have racist views about blacks and viewing them as inferior in some way.

petran79

Banned
As for naming things, what the hell is wrong with the US. Do black Canadians refer to themselves as African-Canadians? Why do we have label everything? Can't we just be Americans (US Citizens)?

they could as well be Aboriginals from Australia, New Guinea or New Caledonia
not that they havent experienced racism and were also labelled as cannibals and man-eaters.

IISANDERII

What do insects have to do with this?
tumblr_m4rocyT1XD1rn95k2o1_500.gif

Jado

Banned
What?

Not all europeans are racists, I'd wager that less than 5% of the european population would be considered racist. Obviously it's difficult to prove, just like your comments.

That whole European=white talk is absurd, but that random 5% low ball statistic you threw out is almost as laughable.

PKrockin

As for naming things, what the hell is wrong with the US. Do black Canadians refer to themselves as African-Canadians? Why do we have label everything? Can't we just be Americans (US Citizens)?)
I'm with you, but personally I remember the sentiment when I started becoming aware of race issues being that calling people black was potentially offensive and should be avoided in favor of African-American, so that's what I did for a while. I don't care what race someone is, if you were born here or you've been here for more than like a year and plan to stick around you're American to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom