• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Santa Monica apparently out-doing CGI with their new game.

Corpsepyre

Banned
A user just recently posted this video to Cory Barlog's Twitter (Director at SSM), showing some truly impressive CGI at work, and said that this should be their new challenge, i.e to reach such visual fidelity on the PS4. Here's the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjHiC0mt4Ts

Cory's reply?

'challenge accepted! Actually the stuff we have now is topping that.'

This is pretty fucking amazing. What is SSM cooking behind those doors?

And to think that they'll have BETTER looking models than THAT? Astounding.

This team is going to blow minds and then some once they show their new game.

reKon

Banned
A user just recently posted this video to Cory Barlog's Twitter (Director at SSM), showing some truly impressive CGI at work, and said that this should be their new challenge, i.e to reach such visual fidelity on the PS4. Here's the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjHiC0mt4Ts

Cory's reply?

'challenge accepted! Actually the stuff we have now is topping that.'

This is pretty fucking amazing. What is SSM cooking behind those doors?

And to think that they'll have BETTER looking models than THAT? Astounding.

This team is going to blow minds and then some once they show their new game.

that was some creepy shit. Imagine if he started doing the commander shepard smile..

Sony PlayStation 4 Computer Entertainment System can out-do computer generated graphics. In your face computers!

I'm looking forward to this creepy hand-puppet game.

I feel like all the games with these pretty graphics are missing something else in them...I don't want to be blinded by glorious graphics anymore

People saw how good GOW 3 looked right? SSM is going to be one of the first to make the PS4 sing in terms of graphics, and it is going to be glorious. Even more so if its for a new GOW.

This footage looks great and all but I am more than confident that they will have to downgrade those graphics with the PS4's hardware when they add in everything else to the scene. I am sure if the PS4 was only rendering that it would look just as good as the video.

legacyzero

Banned
IWannaSeeTheReceipts.gif

Anybody can post a cool looking video setting some kind of bar. Clearing your own bar is the proof you need to show.

I have no issues believing SSM will melt our eyeballs with whatever they come out with next. To this day GOW3 makes me pause and stare

Considering what they achieved on PS3...
image_god_of_war_ascension-21548-2495_0015.jpg

I believe it.

RE_Player

SSM is among my top favourite studios and their output has been incredible both in their own games and the ones they have assisted on... but please don't be God of War.

I want nothing more than God of War on PS4. It's going to blow everyone away! The battle between SSM and ND continues this gen.

Tagyhag

Ha, a single Titan can barely run Transformers in real time at 1 fps (an impressive feat nonetheless). I can see SSM's next game looking fantastic, and maybe topping early CGI, but it's not going to beat modern standards.

JordanN

Banned
I feel like all the games with these pretty graphics are missing something else in them...I don't want to be blinded by glorious graphics anymore
So? Don't play them.

Me and millions of others want games you can't get on last gen hardware. I don't think that's wrong to ask for on new $400 hardware.

Corpsepyre

Banned
They're not going to make one considering how bad GOW:A's sales were. Unless of course, they're suicidal and think their recent layoff wasn't enough.

Wow. Do you read what you're saying?

Ascension was a prequel and it's focus was planted on the MP. No God of War fan wanted to see another prequel. It was obvious the sales would be low compared to GoW3. Know how GoW3 sold? Pretty well! And if this is a proper sequel to that game, then chances are that sales will be through the roof.

Vire

I like to believe Cory had a hand in the amazing God of War 3 intro before he left SSM.

If you watch the behind the scenes for God of War 3, it certainly paints a picture that was Stig Asmussen's baby.

Ishan

After seeing what nd are doing with uc4 . Yup can def see this happening . It's ssm who match mad graphics wise with a whole extra year of dev time . (Not to mention they might have already had a bit of a jump before hand don't gow3 come out before uc3 so their team might have been working on next gen tools longer than nd). Nd and ssm will melt faces this gen ... Might actually even get a literal melting face in gow lol. (Also similar vein I'm sure 343 will be impressive with halo5 but I think nd/ssm will edge them . Better or not dev team wise sony have the stronger hardware)

Top Bottom