• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Twitter & Website updates thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golnei

My Japanese isn't that great, but I think they are general new year's wishes to everyone (the first explicitely asks if everyone had a good holiday). There is more to come (and see?) this month.

Come and see? Would that mean a Splatoon/MK8-esque live event is a possibility, perhaps with unfortunate employees stuffed into Rin mascot suits?

&

TheMoon

You guys think this game will have Shulk Amiibo support? Unlocking new maps, quests, weapons, items, skins/costumes would be rather appealing.

I think that it pretty obviously going to be a thing. If a new game comes out related to any of the amiibo released, it will have amiibo support. You can bet money on that.

DJIzana

Nintendo Direct confirmed!

This is why I think the next Nintendo Direct will be focused around Xenoblade. They revealed Xenoblade Chronicles X January 23rd, 2013 as well. Considering the game is releasing Spring time in Japan... nothing tells me more that this is finally our time! :D

Lumyst

Well, they've got two Xenoblade games to launch this year so maybe they'll want to give them a spotlight at some time :p Sometimes they do game specific Nintendo Directs after general ones. I'm actually kind of interested in what improvements or extras will be in Xenoblade for the New 3DS, aside from 2nd screen conveniences. Maybe there will be Amiibo support with the Shulk Amiibo. I don't think it would be Nintendo's style to just port the game. Like, for Donkey Kong Country 3D they added more levels, so there's an opportunity to do something else. Even if it's not as significant as new areas, there's a chance to make tweaks and polish up some of the issues people had, maybe add more unique monsters for an extra challenge. I'd be up for something like that.

This is why I think the next Nintendo Direct will be focused around Xenoblade. They revealed Xenoblade Chronicles X January 23rd, 2013 as well. Considering the game is releasing Spring time in Japan... nothing tells me more that this is finally our time! :D

Let this be true. I want to see everything now.

Well, not everything, but you know what I mean.

Also, would be interesting if they said where they will be localizing, I wonder if we'll be getting another European translation again.

Golnei

Also, would be interesting if they said where they will be localizing, I wonder if we'll be getting another European translation again.

If the precedent holds, it'll be the same as the first for PAL languages - English, French, Spanish, German and Italian subtitles with English and Japanese voice tracks. Though seeing as it's being localised professionally this time, I wouldn't expect to see the PAL version until a year after the US release at the very least. Possibly three years late with no options other than English and digital-only distribution, if they're really efficient about it.

Quadraxis

Maybe possible extra content for the 3ds version will be the scrapped area on the shoulder of the bionis. I'm looking forward to the direct this month, hoping for more information :D

I really hope it's American voice acting considering the settlement is called New Los Angeles. It would be so weird otherwise.

L~A

If the precedent holds, it'll be the same as the first for PAL languages - English, French, Spanish, German and Italian subtitles with English and Japanese voice tracks. Though seeing as it's being localised professionally this time, I wouldn't expect to see the PAL version until a year after the US release at the very least. Possibly three years late with no options other than English and digital-only distribution, if they're really efficient about it.

notsureifserious.gif

Anyway, no duckroll translation for yesterday's tweets?

Basically, the tweets say the team is in high spirits as they approach the final stages of development and that we should be seeing an increase of information about the game from around this month.

redcrayon

I really hope it's American voice acting considering the settlement is called New Los Angeles. It would be so weird otherwise.
It could be set centuries after the founding. Otherwise I'll be wondering why games set in New York don't have Yorkshire accents :D

Edit: Ah, scratch that, looks like game is set two months after a US colony ship lands. Yeah, alright, American accents kinda make sense!

Golnei

It could be set centuries after the founding. Otherwise I'll be wondering why games set in New York don't have Yorkshire accents :D

Edit: Ah, scratch that, looks like game is set two months after a US colony ship lands. Yeah, alright, American accents kinda make sense!

I still hope they can fit in non-American actors somewhere - even if Neo LA's population is mainly American, there will likely be characters from other backgrounds. And that's not getting into the many alien species in the setting...

Ahem, it was probably just poor wording on his part to describe NOA's awful handling of the US release of Xenoblade.

It was just light sarcasm referring to this game likely fitting a much more standard translation pipeline compared to the first - in particular, the probable adherence to American anime voice actors and a painfully late PAL release, the latter of which won't garner nearly as much outrage as the late NTSC-U release of Xenoblade.

rhandino

Banned
If they give to the aliens the same accent used for the Mekon and the option to chose the voices of Reyn, Shulk or Melia for the playable character... Oh god!

Wendler

Banned
Basically, the tweets say the team is in high spirits as they approach the final stages of development and that we should be seeing an increase of information about the game from around this month.

I wonder if they already approach the last stages of development?

rjinaz

If they give to the aliens the same accent used for the Mekon and the option to chose the voices of Reyn, Shulk or Melia for the playable character... Oh god!

Jenna-Louise Coleman is a big star now. I don't expect she'll be doing any voice work for the game.

I would actually love if the others had voices in the game though, I enjoyed all the voices in Xenoblade.

Golnei

Jenna-Louise Coleman is a big star now. I don't expect she'll be doing any voice work for the game.

I would actually love if the others had voices in the game though, I enjoyed all the voices in Xenoblade.

Weren't Shulk and Fiora's actors two of the default options for the avatar in the E3 build? If that were the case, I'd love it if they could retain that in translation.

L~A

Thanks a bunch, added to the OP!

There can be both, not like people from Europe never moved to America.

Yeah, and I doubt LA folks are the only human beings who managed to escape from Earth.

TheMoon

Yeah, and I doubt LA folks are the only human beings who managed to escape from Earth.

But what if they are! Everyone is an actor, model, writer, director, struggling artist, gangsta rapper and Geoff Keighley. I want a post-apocalyptic game where THAT is your cast of characters. lol

Shouldn't they be in crunch time?

Well at least this is a sign that the game is going ahead well.

Wendler

Banned
While not tweet-related, a poster on GameFAQs named Ch33bDragonite noticed & captured some note-worthy improvements between the E3 2014 footage and the November 2014 footage. So why not post it here!

Added motion blur (becomes more noticeable when compared in video form):

Self-explanatory:

Improved trees/tree textures:

Interesting how much still changes in that regard, even though we've seen that area for 2 years already.

He also compared some other stuff, so why not.

Better town textures:

More pronounced/better explosion effects (you have to compare the video footage to really notice it, though):

UI changes:
Further UI changes:

Old vs. New:

Also, NPC's react when you walk into them and loads of sound-effect noises in the Japanese November 2014 footage!

TheMoon

While not tweet-related, a poster on GameFAQs named Ch33bDragonite noticed & captured some note-worthy improvements between the E3 2014 footage and the November 2014 footage. So why not post it here!

Added motion blur (becomes more noticeable when compared in video form):

Self-explanatory:

Improved trees/tree textures:

Interesting how much still changes in that regard, even though we've seen that area for 2 years already.

He also compared some other stuff, so why not.

Better town textures:

More pronounced/better explosion effects (you have to compare the video footage to really notice it, though):

UI changes:

Further UI changes:

Old vs. New:

Also, NPC's react when you walk into them and loads of sound-effect noises in the Japanese November 2014 footage!

Awesome stuff! Really hungry for more details.

TheMoon

You've read through all the stuff that was found by some of the members on GameFAQs? Say what you want about the site, but some of them put some serious work into that shit.

Nah, I don't read other forums. I'm usually content with onilink's insane analyses :D

But is there a specific link that has all the good bits or is it spread across a ton of threads?

I'll be totally honest not really feeling the character UI.

I like that sleek Xenoblade look better. Wonder if there's a way to make it not as intrusive as that but still keep the changing character portraits.

paolo11

I cannot wait to play this game. I will play this game and this will ruin my sleep nights.

I want to ride Dolls all day.

Wendler

Banned
Nah, I don't read other forums. I'm usually content with onilink's insane analyses :D

But is there a specific link that has all the good bits or is it spread across a ton of threads?

November 2014 stuff, E3 2014 stuff, rough draft of the first zone, picture album 1, picture album 2 and lots of other stuff linked inside these documents itself.

I'll be totally honest not really feeling the character UI.

I like that sleek Xenoblade look better. Wonder if there's a way to make it not as intrusive as that but still keep the changing character portraits.

Eeeh. The UI in Xenoblade looks like something I cooked up in 10 minutes on Paint, I don't think anyone has praise for that generic colour-on-white kindergarden board aesthetic. Definite improvement here.

The intrusive-ness is also way, like way worse in Xenoblade, but at the end of the day you still need that shit in battle. Some UI sets will probably customizable, but that's just essential information you need in battle, so I don't know how much that will really help/benefit anyone.

L~A

More Tweets:

[高橋]今日は新しいネタを呟こうかと思いつつ…澤野さん、忘年会にご招待いただき有難うございました!大変楽しいひとときを過ごさせていただきました。

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/553098859149135872

と、いう訳で本日は作曲家の澤野弘之さんについて。僕は長年澤野さんの大ファンで、どうしても本作の楽曲は澤野さんにお願いしたいと強く希望(半ば強制?)しました。

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/553098942519332864

ご本人や所属事務所のLegendoor堀口さん、ともに気さくな方でこちらの要望をざっくばらんに相談することが出来ました。

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/553099023398080513

勿論、出来上がった楽曲の数々は素晴らしいものばかりで、澤野さんにお願いして本当に良かったと思っています。いずれリリースされるだろうサントラ盤は、いちファンとして楽しみにしています。

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/553099185491152896

Dr. Buni

I like the new logo better. It is unique and matches with the color scheme of the doll in this picture. Plus, it doesn't look like it comes from other game (Xenogears).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom