• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Twitter & Website updates thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're lucky then. You've really never seen the people come in and go "so this is like Monster hunter, right?" and variations of that?

I saw some stuff like that in speculations as to how the multiplayer would work. But for the single player and just the game in general? lol. Glad I didn't see it then.

Hiltz

I have a dumb question. If you have a Wii U and want to play the European import copy of Xenoblade Chronicles Wii on it, is it possible to hack your Wii U to play it on ?

TheMoon

I have a dumb question. If you have a Wii U and want to play the European import copy of Xenoblade Chronicles Wii on it, is it possible to hack your Wii U to play it on ?

Yes, you can still install the HBC in Wii Mode. Personally, I recommend against it as you might fuck yourself over if Nintendo has a way to keep track of modified Wii Mode on the system. You'll probably have plenty of people tell you to just go for it and that it's fine but I wouldn't risk it.

wrowa

Yes, you can still install the HBC in Wii Mode. Personally, I recommend against it as you might fuck yourself over if Nintendo has a way to keep track of modified Wii Mode on the system. You'll probably have plenty of people tell you to just go for it and that it's fine but I wouldn't risk it.

Considering that Nintendo has done nothing in that regard for two years, I doubt that they can and/or care.

Xenoblade's OST to me was a handful of great songs mixed with a ton of mediocre ones. Almost all of disc 2 was very boring to me. At least the last song was good. Most of the stuff works better in-game than on its own, but overall it wasn't an OST I cherished very much.

Thanks.

Who is Legendoor?

Sawano's management company. They have a number of different composers and musicians under their belt such as Yuki Hayashi, MPI, Takafumi Wada, Asami Tachibana etc. They mostly work on live action Japanese dramas and movies.

They've been starting to work on anime more often recently. No doubt due to Sawano's uprise in popularity after working on shows like Gundam Unicorn and Attack on Titan.

Sawano is working together with Wada, Tachibana, and Legendoor's newest recruit, Megumi Shiraishi, on the upcoming Wit Studio (Attack on Titan) anime called Seraph of the End.

Links: http://kisetsu-no-uta.com/related-artists/composers/ (in English. Info is a bit outdated.)

http://www.legendoor.com/ (in Japanese. Up to date, of course. You can see what all these composers have worked on from here)

If Sawano isn't composing Xenoblade X by himself, I would expect these people to be the ones he'd collaborate with. But who knows. We'll find out soon enough.

Verger

Banned
I was going to ask if it was known if Sawano is composing the entire soundtrack by himself. I guess it's still likely but up in the air?

It seems that if they want to have the same amount of musical content as the original, that would be a very huge task for just one guy who also has other commitments in Anime.

jorgejjvr

So, I have been keeping in the dark about this game to keep surprises for when I get my hands on it but one question: does this have direct ties to events and or characters of the first game?

Also, mark of shame time. Xenoblade Chronicles is a game i have played three times (import and US ver), a game i consider one of the best games i have experienced...

...yet never beat. I got close too. Restarted after i failed to recollect a few details about story. Yes, rather than brush up online, i went and restarted the entire journey again. The hours just weighed on me. Going to beat this by March. No more excuses.
Do it! You need to beat it!

TheMoon

So, I have been keeping in the dark about this game to keep surprises for when I get my hands on it but one question: does this have direct ties to events and or characters of the first game?

Officially, no. At E3 they stated explicitly that it does not but we have always been speculating about if that was just the Treehouse guys not knowing better because theories and anlalyses point at the possibility that it's set in the same canon. It could go either way at this point.

Xenoblade's OST to me was a handful of great songs mixed with a ton of mediocre ones. Almost all of disc 2 was very boring to me. At least the last song was good. Most of the stuff works better in-game than on its own, but overall it wasn't an OST I cherished very much.

Sawano's management company. They have a number of different composers and musicians under their belt such as Yuki Hayashi, MPI, Takafumi Wada, Asami Tachibana etc. They mostly work on live action Japanese dramas and movies.

They've been starting to work on anime more often recently. No doubt due to Sawano's uprise in popularity after working on shows like Gundam Unicorn and Attack on Titan.

Sawano is working together with Wada, Tachibana, and Legendoor's newest recruit, Megumi Shiraishi, on the upcoming Wit Studio (Attack on Titan) anime called Seraph of the End.

Links: http://kisetsu-no-uta.com/related-artists/composers/ (in English. Info is a bit outdated.)

http://www.legendoor.com/ (in Japanese. Up to date, of course. You can see what all these composers have worked on from here)

If Sawano isn't composing Xenoblade X by himself, I would expect these people to be the ones he'd collaborate with. But who knows. We'll find out soon enough.
Disc 2? Xenoblade didn't have 2 discs

moolamb

I'm quite amused by the XenobladeX discussion cycle. Every time a new trailer hits and the casual observers chime in we argue about how it's got nothing to do with Monster Hunter, and laugh at everyone suddenly being shocked the game has menu-based combat like Xenoblade; and once things quiet down we just look at the weird aliens and argue about whether Sawano is teh greatest or pure garbage. :D

The true XenoCycle:

Xenoblade News -> Sawano is shit -> Xenoblade news

TLH

Neo Member
I made what I think might be the first fan-made MIDI file of Xenoblade Chronicles X. It's the first field theme for Planet Mira, so it's a MIDI to a song that hasn't even been released yet >_>
What I did was I listened to the Treehouse footage over and over again for many hours, tried to discern what I could and then write the notes down. This took me more than a day of doing nothing but this, but I hope you like it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4ai7lJyXkM

If you want to compare it to the original, the piece starts at 16:35 of the first Treehouse video.
Later I'll do a write-up where I talk about some parts of this piece from a composer/musician's perspective. I'll put it in the video description.

R.D.Blax

I made what I think might be the first fan-made MIDI file of Xenoblade Chronicles X. It's the first field theme for Planet Mira, so it's a MIDI to a song that hasn't even been released yet >_>
What I did was I listened to the Treehouse footage over and over again for many hours, tried to discern what I could and then write the notes down. This took me more than a day of doing nothing but this, but I hope you like it :)

If you want to compare it to the original, the piece starts at 16:35 of the first Treehouse video.
Later I'll do a write-up where I talk about some parts of this piece from a composer/musician's perspective. I'll put it in the video description.

...That's awesome !

TheMoon

Pretty rad!

Wow, this is great! I try to figure out notes to songs occasionally, but it's so tedious to replay the same video over and over. My ears are also not very great, haha. You've done this with impressive accuracy! I like Sawano's style for cutscenes. His music seems to be a good replacement for "Confrontation With The Enemy." However, I'm not very convinced with his ability to make battle or field music. That track you recreated pales in comparison to Gaur Plains, in my opinion. Nonetheless, you've done beautifully, and I hope to hear more!

ika

Amazing!! And thank you for doing this (a lot of work), I need the mp4 now lol!!! This is my favorite song until I hear the whole OST. I love the violins part.

llehuty

Awesome. Now I want monolith to do an 18-bits game :/

Vitacat

Gonna buy a wii u for this game. I hope it comes with xenoblade 1, like bayonetta

Nice idea. But doubtful.

I actually bought a nice clean, complete copy of Xenoblade Chronicles at a Gamestop the other day for $49. Also plan to get the N3DS version, but wanted to experience the Wii original. It's pretty damn good. :)

Awntawn

Nice idea. But doubtful.

I actually bought a nice clean, complete copy of Xenoblade Chronicles at a Gamestop the other day for $49. Also plan to get the N3DS version, but wanted to experience the Wii original. It's pretty damn good. :)

No stores with inventory within 100 mile radius.

;(

krizzx

I want this one. It looks like Weltall, so its going to be awesome.
ma3Lry5.jpg

Thread delivering, nice work!

moolamb

I can't believe you made a midi track to a song in a game that's not yet released. And it's awesome. THE HYPE!!!

Blunoise

Really awesome job my friend you made me have a nice song to her before I go to sleep

Wow. This is amazing.

How long did this take?

Astral Dog

This is great!
Never heard that one before.

Pappasman

this is amazing.

chadboban

I can't believe you made a midi track to a song in a game that's not yet released. And it's awesome. THE HYPE!!!

Not to mention it's a midi track of background music that could barely be heard over commentary of the treehouse guys as well as the in game sound effects. Incredible work!

Man, the world needs more awesome people like you! This is great, thanks!

Lilo_D

This is amazing!!

Omg! Kudos. This is really impressive work.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm

Dude, you're awesome.

rjinaz

Has anyone seen this from earlier today?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvpNXhzscjQ

Showing off some of the environments in the game, plus featuring a longer cut off the track we first heard in the E3 Treehouse demo (the cutscene with the fog dissipating over Primordial Wilderness while the sun rises).

Also for some good, detailed analysis: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/701151-xenoblade-chronicles-x/71014273#12

But it's Fire Emblem?

But yeah there's a whole thread dedicated to it here, I assume you meant the X video.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=971318

Edit: Oh you fixed the link, nevermind :p
Edit 2: Yeah Gessenkou is awesome. That guy always gives the best info following X footage. He's super passionate and translates everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom