• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Twitter & Website updates thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Ughhh. Sawanoooooo. The tweets are just Takahashi gushing about Sawano. Disgusting. There really isn't any interesting info there, other than Takahashi again talking about how he's a huge fan of Sawano and has been waiting to work with him for a long time now. How great the tracks he composed are, how he's looking forward to the soundtrack release himself. Just gross.

Phazon

Ughhh. Sawanoooooo. The tweets are just Takahashi gushing about Sawano. Disgusting. There really isn't any interesting info there, other than Takahashi again talking about how he's a huge fan of Sawano and has been waiting to work with him for a long time now. How great the tracks he composed are, how he's looking forward to the soundtrack release himself. Just gross.

Fantastic. I like Sawano and his music, pls don't ban me. :p

Did he also mention there is going to be a seperate soundtrack release?

Zolbrod

Fantastic. I like Sawano and his music, pls don't ban me. :p

Did he also mention there is going to be a seperate soundtrack release?

What he said boiled down to "there will probably be a soundtrack release at some point" but that was pretty much a given anyway.

I'm not too familiar with Sawano's work, but he's going to have a hard time living up to ACE+.

Dr. Buni

The two tracks released so far are as good as the ones in the Xenoblade Chronicles soundtrack. I think Sawano is doing a good job.

I only know his work from Kill la Kill (the soundtrack is the only good thing in that show), which is amazing, so I don't get the 'hate' he gets here.

Phazon

What he said boiled down to "there will probably be a soundtrack release at some point" but that was pretty much a given anyway.

I'm not too familiar with Sawano's work, but he's going to have a hard time living up to ACE+.

Well I mainly know him from my favorite anime series (Kill la Kill, Ao no Exorcist, Nanatsu No Taizai) and I always liked his work there. The two songs that we've heard untill now are also very nice.

Don't understand me wrong, ACE+ did a great job with Xenoblade, but something else this time might also feel fresh and nice for most people ^^

The two tracks released so far are as good as the ones in the Xenoblade Chronicles soundtrack. I think Sawano is doing a good job.

I only know his work from Kill la Kill (the soundtrack is the only good thing in that show), which is amazing, so I don't get the 'hate' he gets here.

Those two tracks will be great for plot, but I want to hear some field music, sound from tree house/ND videos aren't clear enough.

ugoo18

While not tweet-related, a poster on GameFAQs named Ch33bDragonite noticed & captured some note-worthy improvements between the E3 2014 footage and the November 2014 footage. So why not post it here!

Added motion blur (becomes more noticeable when compared in video form):

Self-explanatory:

Improved trees/tree textures:

Interesting how much still changes in that regard, even though we've seen that area for 2 years already.

He also compared some other stuff, so why not.

Better town textures:

More pronounced/better explosion effects (you have to compare the video footage to really notice it, though):

UI changes:

Further UI changes:

Old vs. New:

Also, NPC's react when you walk into them and loads of sound-effect noises in the Japanese November 2014 footage!

Looking forward to the Nintendo Direct for this

0098_yij1t.gif

I don't even...... What

Gonna be honest, I really prefer the old UI from the first gameplay trailers. Nice UI elements with borders around them and the square action buttons look a bit more fitting IMO.

Dr. Buni

Those two tracks will be great for plot, but I want to hear some field music, sound from tree house/ND videos aren't clear enough.
Yeah, me too. The tracks so far are of the "Confrontation with the Enemy" type. I hope there is stuff on the level of Gaur Plains and Colony 9 in the Xeno X's soundtrack.

casiopao

Lol, Duckroll u don't need to be afraid. This season we also had Sawano fix for Aldnoah Zero S2 lol. And u are going to love it.^_^

L~A

Thanks a bunch, gonna add that to the OP... minus the love words to Sawano, ha ha.

Yup. I'm quite familiar with Sawano, and I'm afraid his stuff is really forgettable. Great for story, but not really for exploration/battle. I wonder if he's the only one composing.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Lol, Duckroll u don't need to be afraid. This season we also had Sawano fix for Aldnoah Zero S2 lol. And u are going to love it.^_^

is there a Fuck Slaine song?

there better be a fuck slaine song.

The soundtrack is going to be shit compared to Xenoblade.

There I said it.

and it pains me so ;_; :(

We don't know that because we have no idea (or do we?) on where or how the songs will be used

The music in xenoblade matched the theme or made it better.

Golnei

Yup. I'm quite familiar with Sawano, and I'm afraid his stuff is really forgettable. Great for story, but not really for exploration/battle. I wonder if he's the only one composing.

To be fair, it's not that he's incapable of producing memorable work, just that his ratio of wallpaper to success is unenviable - though there's usually at least one good-to-great track in each of his scores. If well-directed, he could produce a fantastic soundtrack, though the probable size of the score, Takahashi's apparent uncritical love of his music and the very standard examples of the game's score we've heard thus far leads me to doubt the final product.

I don't even...... What

They might be being a little too uncharitable. There were in fact two good things about the show - the soundtrack, and Tsumugu Kinagase's design.

TLH

Neo Member
Anyone able to translate all of the tweets in full length word for word? Thanks.

My Japanese is not very good and I had to look up a couple of words, but I'll try:

"Today I thought about revealing new information, but first I want to thank Sawano-san for inviting me to the Bonenkai. I had a great time!"

"So today, I want to talk about Hiroyuki Sawano. I've been a fan of him for many years and
by all means (and partly forcing myself?) I wanted him to compose the music for this game."

"He and Legendoor are both openhearted/frank people and we were able to freely discuss my requests."

"Of course the soundtrack will be full of great pieces and I think it was very good that I asked him to compose the music. As his greatest fan, I'm looking forward to the soundtrack that I think will be released sooner or later."

My Japanese is not very good and I had to look up a couple of words, but I'll try:

"Today I thought about revealing new information, but first I want to thank Sawano-san for inviting me to the Bonenkai. I had a great time!"

So today, I want to talk about Hiroyuki Sawano. I've been a fan of him for many years and
by all means (and partly forcing myself?) I wanted him to compose the music for this game."

"He and Legendoor are both openhearted/frank people and we were able to freely discuss my requests."

"Of course the soundtrack will be full of great pieces and I think it was very good that I asked him to compose the music. As his greatest fan, I'm looking forward to the soundtrack that I think will be released sooner or later."

Gna.

Just release new infos!! We know you love Sawano! We all do....okay..nearly all of us.

Blunoise

The soundtrack is going to be shit compared to Xenoblade.

There I said it.

and it pains me so ;_; :(

i think its funny how we are judging the soundtrack because somene one new is composing it...considering the new tracks for the game is praised. also the director of the game seems to think he is a great fit so i have high hopes and i love his music in gundam unicorn and blue exorcist

Wendler

Banned

"So today, I want to talk about Hiroyuki Sawano. I've been a fan of him for many years and

Thanks.

Who is Legendoor?

rhandino

Banned

LOL, is in full fanboy mode =D

I hope people don't start just bashing the OST just because Sawano, what little I heard of him in the Treehouse Stream and Nintendo Directs give me hopes that at least the soundtrack could be on par with the one on Xenoblade...

Wendler

Banned
LOL, is in full fanboy mode =D

I hope people don't start just bashing the OST just because Sawano, what little I heard of him in the Treehouse Stream and Nintendo Directs give me hopes that at least the soundtrack could be on par with the one on Xenoblade...

Yeah, apart from AoT and some YouTube searches I don't know too much about Sawano, but what I've heard from the Treehouse stream sounds pretty promising.

Do people worry about the calm and soothing Xenoblade themes not returning?

Yeah, apart from AoT and some YouTube searches I don't know too much about Sawano, but what I've heard from the Treehouse stream sounds pretty promising.

Do people worry about the calm and soothing Xenoblade themes not returning?

It's more like, Sawano is good, sure, but he has to make a soundtrack that will live to the music composed by ACE+, Shimomura AND Kiyota. Sawano is just not as good as those 3 together....

And then some people dislike when he puts lyrics in his music, like Blumenkranz, or some AoT stuff.

Zero²

Well if he makes something in between of Aldnoah and Gundam Unicorn, I'll be happy. Two mecha series btw lol
We should be happy that Gen is nowhere near this game, fuck you slaine.

Squishy3

Zero²;146511989 said:
Well if he makes something in between of Aldnoah and Gundam Unicorn, I'll be happy. Two mecha series btw lol
We should be happy that Gen is nowhere near this game, fuck you slaine.
All Gen did was write the original premise and the first few episodes, you know that, right? The person who did the rest of the script was the man responsible for the masterpiece that is Boku No Pico.

Dr. Buni

Of course Sawano is not as good as Shimomura. No one is :p

I will wait for the game to be released before worrying about the soundtrack. Also, it is not like the Xenoblade soundtrack was perfect.

wmlk

Of course Sawano is not as good as Shimomura. No one is :p

I will wait for the game to be released before worrying about the soundtrack. Also, it is not like the Xenoblade soundtrack was perfect.
Shimomura didn't do much work for Xenoblade. It's about Kiyota and ACE+ as well.

Mitsuda can do ending themes, Xenogears' vocal themes and Radical Dreamers from CC are a great examples of that. Not excited about how Sawano will handle that either.

Akai

Takahashi seems really satisfied with how the soundtrack turned out, and that's all I need to hear...

rhandino

Banned
He is not as good as ACE+ or Shimomura...
I mean I love all the work of all the composers in the Xenoblade OST (Truly the OST of the last generation) but his work in Attack on Titan and Gundam Unicorn is really outstanding (for my tastes anyway) and it has that bombastic feel that they are trying to portray with this game... and I have high hopes that Takahashi will have control over his work just like he did in Xenoblade (That Iwata Asks was an eye opener)

Wendler

Banned
Shimomura didn't do much work for Xenoblade. It's about Kiyota and ACE+ as well.

Mitsuda can do ending themes, Xenogears' vocal themes and Radical Dreamers from CC are a great examples of that. Not excited about how Sawano will handle that either.

Kiyota composed some of the worst tracks on the OST, though. Her ambient-y stuff on the soundtrack is just really straight up garbage.

I mean I love all the work of all the composers in the Xenoblade OST (Truly the OST of the last generation) but his work in Attack on Titan and Gundam Unicorn is really outstanding (for my tastes anyway) and it has that bombastic feel that they are trying to portray with this game... and I have high hopes that Takahashi will have control over his work just like he did in Xenoblade (That Iwata Asks was an eye opener)

But I'm not saying it will be bad (heck no!) or that it won't fit. I'm saying it won't be as good as Xenoblade Chronicles... That's all.

Sawano is a great composer, he is known for his work with this kind of setting (mechas) and he will deliver some amazing stuff. And that stuff will not be as good as the stuff in Xenoblade.

Kiyota composed some of the worst tracks on the OST, though. Her ambient-y stuff on the soundtrack is just really straight up garbage.

Not really, no.

TheMoon

I'm quite amused by the XenobladeX discussion cycle. Every time a new trailer hits and the casual observers chime in we argue about how it's got nothing to do with Monster Hunter, and laugh at everyone suddenly being shocked the game has menu-based combat like Xenoblade; and once things quiet down we just look at the weird aliens and argue about whether Sawano is teh greatest or pure garbage. :D

Wendler

Banned
No, shit was definitely awful. Terrible MIDI samples and even worse repetitive and annoying.

This, this, this, this, this and I could go on.

I also wasn't fond of the generic guitar solo battle themes, but all around people seemed to love them. But that junk won't be missed.

I'm quite amused by the XenobladeX discussion cycle. Every time a new trailer hits and the casual observers chime in we argue about how it's got nothing to do with Monster Hunter, and laugh at everyone suddenly being shocked the game has menu-based combat like Xenoblade; and once things quiet down we just look at the weird aliens and argue about whether Sawano is teh greatest or pure garbage. :D

There is Monster Hunter discussion? I either already forgot or never seen it =X

Anyway, every time a new trailer appears I have the same reaction "omg this looks amazing!"; "omg this bad combat hasn't changed a single bit!"; "omg I can't piece anything together from the story because I didn't follow the game close enough"; "omg I need to rewatch everything they've shown so far".

I never really have any reaction to the music at first, I usually try to see art and content first =P

wsippel

Banned
No, shit was definitely awful. Terrible MIDI samples and even worse repetitive and annoying.

I also wasn't fond of the generic guitar solo battle themes, but all around people seemed to love them. But that junk won't be missed.
Well, it certainly was no Sie liebt den DJ, that's for sure...

rhandino

Banned

Well, when you put the not so good tracks you make her look so awful but she did compose the music of Makna Woods, Frontier Village, Eryut Sea and Alcamoth which were SO GOOD, also the final boss theme
Zanza or Xanthe

Oh good, Xenoblade was so amazing in the OST department T_T

Wendler

Banned
Well, it certainly was no Sie liebt den DJ, that's for sure...

That song is 100x times the song this garbage collection is. Don't get me even started on the Klub Remix!

Well, when you put the not so good tracks you make her look so awful but she did compose the music of Makna Woods, Frontier Village, Eryut Sea and Alcamoth which were SO GOOD, also the final boss theme
Zanza or Xanthe

She composed lots of other bad stuff, though, and the ratio is awful overall.

wmlk

Zanza or Xanthe

His point was ambient themes.

I don't think the other themes can be disputed at all, though. Kiyota had the most standout tracks in the OST.

Daily Life

Makna Forest

Frontier Village

Frontier Village (Night)

Eryth Sea (Night)

Thoughts to a Friend

Memories

Reminiscence

These are off the top of my head, there are probably others.

rhandino

Banned
Oh, I though he said that most of the tracks she collaborated were not that good... which some really weren't I admit =P

From the OST I only remember getting kind of bored of the Alcamoth track, that area was MASSIVE and you have so much sidequests there and you have to backtrack so much and the track kind of becomes a chore after a while... then again I was awed there most of the time since both tracks captured the grandeur of the
high entia city
and it was kind of sad
after the high entia became Telethias and the city was a nest of creatures that could OHKO

Wendler

Banned

I don't think the other themes can be disputed at all, though. Kiyota had the most standout tracks in the OST.

Daily Life

Makna Forest

Frontier Village

Frontier Village (Night)

Eryth Sea (Night)

Thoughts to a Friend

Memories

Reminiscence

These are off the top of my head, there are probably others.

I really don't think stuff like Daily Life, Frontier Village and Makna Forest is anything to write home about. It's the generic hometown sound with terrible MIDI samples that don't do them any favours.
Definitely not garbage, though!

Also, your Memories link is false.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom