• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today marks the 16th anniversary of Waluigi's first appearance

mfaex

VFjsfyX.jpg

It's definitely that time.

Thank you. I now know the exact date so that I can travel back in time and destroy the abomination before he had the chance to haunt nightmares forever.

MrBadger

He just showed up to play tennis one day and hung around for 16 years. I don't think any of the Mario characters have the guts to tell him to leave

Revven

I just love how Waluigi has transformed from how he was in Mario Tennis 64 to now. They've taken his personality and turned it up to 11 since then, it's just great. He has his own identity and it's sad he hasn't had his own game yet to further exploit that awesome personality. :(

Eradicate

This thread is incredible!

What would his game be like?

I imagine you're basically thrown into a world doing its own thing (like the Sims or something), but then you're able to just go around and flip tables, bust out lights, wreck cars, push people into the street, and generally just be an incredible nuisance. One button is used to interact with the world. The rest either make him dance or yell WAH!

Zomba13

Waluigi is the undisputed best character in the Mario franchise. He has the deepest lore and the most emotion.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Still not in a mainline Mario game or even a Wario game

rhandino

Banned
Oh wow goth Mary Sue Peach how creative. How can Waluigi compare to the space godess?

Waluigi_1546_avatar_20150323231235_e0c4e0aa65856031235ac6965ec14e4d.png
Calling the Goddess that while also endorsing the Edgelord Luigi.

aodBuhS.gif

At least Nintendo throw a bone to the deluded in the form of an amiibo while the Queen is not only playable in Smash but also in a mainline Mario game but slay a bit Waluigi.

Aselith

Calling the Goddess that while also endorsing the Edgelord Luigi.

aodBuhS.gif

At least Nintendo throw a bone to the deluded in the form of an amiibo while the Queen is not only playable in Smash but also in a mainline Mario game but slay a bit Waluigi.

Of course, it's a pop-gaffer

I always loved the theory that Waluigi isn't evil, just fanatically into sports and games that his need to win makes him cheat, but he's friendly the rest of the time.

He's such a great guy, he invited Wario to be his partner because no one else would let him on their team.

You go Waluigi! You really are numbah 1!!!

Uhhh...no thanks.

I seriously never understood the character. I mean, Wario is Mario's evil twin with an upside down M.

Waluigi isn't just changing one letter in Luigi's name. In fact, it's simply adding onto the name, let alone with a W as well.
It'd make more sense if there was Wamario and Waluigi, but there isn't.
This has always bothered me.

Kouichi

Oh thanks for the heads up. I didn't realize today was such an important and special day.

Everything about Waluigi is great. I've loved this dude since the moment I saw him.

d08.gif

Oh how I love this character and his antics. He never fails to put a smile on my face.

I wish Waluigi (and Daisy) had more relevance in the Mario universe. I'd love to see them appear in a new mainline Mario game. Said game would certainly be a day one purchase

In the meantime, I'll just leave this here.

Waluigi is awesome. He needs to break out of spin offs

I feel like there shoukd be a waluigi game about his obsession with sports and minigames in the mushroom kingdom. Like a look into the back door politics of the mushroom kingdom and why every buddy except waluigi seems to get there own tennis court or golfcourse.

Lucumo

Uhhh...no thanks.

I seriously never understood the character. I mean, Wario is Mario's evil twin with an upside down M.

Waluigi isn't just changing one letter in Luigi's name. In fact, it's simply adding onto the name, let alone with a W as well.
It'd make more sense if there was Wamario and Waluigi, but there isn't.
This has always bothered me.

As someone else said it earlier: Waru = bad person in Japanese. "L" is pronounced "r" in Japan, so it's basically Waruigi. That's why it makes sense.

Am I the only one in this thread that like Waluigi, Daisy, Rosalina, and Sonic's friends? I love characters that, by all means, are a gimmick but get turned into mainstays.

tumblr_inline_nmxfa9AWPn1t0dcfa_500.gif

Metal-Geo

WAAAAAppy birthday, you magnificent cunt. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

His game will be a NX launch title. And it'll be a goddamned system seller at that. #believethewaaa

Sesha

So much hate

Luigi
Wario
Waluigi
Rosalina
Peach
Captain Toad
Toadette
Bowser
Shy Guy
Boo