• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today marks the 16th anniversary of Waluigi's first appearance

Regiruler

waluigi-you-suck-gold-mario-nintendo-1426937363p.gif

I've been looking for this gif FOREVER

Anth0ny

16 years and nintendo hasn't been able to create a new character that even comes close to topping his greatness

marmoka

Banned
Happy birthday to secondary character only a few people in the internet care about.

It's true. Only 10 people in the internet care about him.

ZeroX03

Banned
Waluigi, forever and always #1 in my heart.

Luigi and Waluigi are way better characters than Mario and Wario, seriously.

eXistor

I like Waluigi, but only what the internet has made of him. Nintendo never really did anything to make him into anything but Purple Luigi.

Neiteio

Seriously, Waluigi is my spirit animal and needs to be in Smash

Sakurai needs to stop worrying about credentials and just look at the sublime quality of the character

Waluigi is perfect for Smash. He wouldn't even need any gimmicks. Just emphasize his lankiness with Dhalsim-like stretch attacks and Voldo-esque contortion.

And of course, give him a dedicated "WAH" taunt.

Neiteio

It's too bad we weren't able to celebrate this yesterday, on #wiggerwednesday

nintendotweet.png
Not only did they (consciously or subconsciously) make a racial joke, but they also posed those plushies so Waluigi is dry-humping Wiggler

It works on multiple levels, like Shakespeare. Stuffy academics will discuss it centuries from now.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
And he's still a useless filler character. Weird he gets a pass, but Sonic's friends are constantly shit on. I will never approve of Waluigi. Ever

Because in the games he's playable in he's not some drastic and much worse variant of the characters (and game) you wanted to play when you bought it, mechanics wise. And also many of Sonic's friends are shat upon by proxy of their debut games being extremely flawed at best and downright atrocious at worst.

Neiteio

And he's still a useless filler character. Weird he gets a pass, but Sonic's friends are constantly shit on. I will never approve of Waluigi. Ever
Waluigi appears in good games. Sonic's friends do not.

Also, so many of Sonic's friends are interchangeable attempts at being "cool."

Waluigi, meanwhile, goes all in with the 1930s vaudevillian cartoon villain schtick.

It's great. Waluigi may be a shitty human being, but a shitty character? No. He's the best.

Neiteio

WOOOO!! ...So, um... Can he get a game, please?
Slice-of-life sim where Waluigi cheats on his taxes and sings karaoke while courting Daisy

or

Wario & Waluigi game about plotting a series of bank heists in the Mushroom Kingdom, GTAV-style

or

Musuo game where every character is Waluigi... Waluigi Wah-riors

Slice-of-life sim where Waluigi cheats on his taxes and sings karaoke while courting Daisy

or

Wario & Waluigi game about plotting a series of bank heists in the Mushroom Kingdom, GTAV-style

or

Musuo game where every character is Waluigi... Waluigi Wah-riors

I'd love any of them but give me that slice of life Waluigi game. I want to be Waluigi and perform horribly childish and underwhelming pranks on Mario and Luigi while trying to make money to pay off some debt. Please Nintendo, let me become Waluigi.

Crosseyes

Banned
We were first introduced to this amazing character in Mario Tennis but I will always most remember him for his role as Randy Johnson incarnate on the GCs Mario Superstar Baseball game.

The difference is everyone knows sonic has awful friends.

People think waluigi is cool(he's not) and that makes him else

He's had as many games as he deserves which is 0

Top Bottom