• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden (Vita/PSP by Omega Force) site opens + screenshots!

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
a6e3f49a.jpg
ab178c56.jpg

Famitsu.com

Gauntlets? Fuck yes.

Demo is both a blessing and a curse. Like the Soul Sacrifice one, I'm guessing we won't get it at all, or it'll be incredibly late. I'm not always a patient person.

Depends on when or if it is ever coming overseas. Koei Tecmo NA/EU has been pretty good at translating demos if there is one available.

Mondriaan

I honestly wanted to see a Zill'O sequel. I felt there was a lot they could do in a sequel. Honestly, I would have liked Toukiden on the PS3, but my Vita does need games. So I'm all in!

I got more Zill'O vibes from the trailer than vibes from Soul Sacrifice or MH. Looks like the characters are pre-built, like Zill'O and also uses some of those artsy filters that Zill'O has. (Zill'O probably would have worked well with an online coop mode with two other people).

Dinda

Maybe someone can post an actual Dynasty Warriors Next Screenshot next to the (bullshots?) ones here? Would be interesting.

I remember that i was really impressed with DWN on the Vita, and that was a launch Title. So i have hope that the game will be at least not to far of from what these shots show.

edit. really looking forward to the Game!

Dinda

I really like the art direction of the Game.
Hope it will have at least a bit of story and will not be a pure Hunting Game. (even though i would still buy it if not)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
2hfk65.jpg

This is tempting avatar material.

Good to hear there's a demo in April. I'm excited to check that out.

CamHostage

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201303/21030502.html
(Copy & paste the link if it doesn't work).

Bullshots?

There's footage of it being played so say for yourself. Could be dev kit footage (most likely is) but it'll help settle some questions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fYENDkZfizc

This game is I believe an "upconvert" of a late-era PSP project (it's on both platforms, you can see how close they are in this quick clip, I thought it also had cross-play but maybe I'm rememebring that wrong?) So I think what they did was just take a well-honed PSP engine, got it up and running on Vita, then went to town adding a buttload of effects and texture enhancements to dress it up nice. Usually that'd be a not-ideal way to make a 'next-gen' game but portable games usually demand a little less scale, the PSP engine looks pretty damned strong on its own, and they did amazing things with the redress, so probably people won't notice unless they actually get their hands on the PSP game and find out what the framing was like before Omega Force painted it up nice.

TreIII

Aw, yeah.

Also, there apparently will be over 200 souls of Japanese historical figures to collect and use as power-ups. Ranging from Ancient Japan all the way to the Bakamatsu period. Wouldn't be surprised if we see two more weapon types, too. As of right now, the Kusari-gama/Chain-Sickle represents the "Slash&Break" attribute. They likely would have to give us "Slash&Stab" and "Stab&Break" types to make it even.

Razlo

Just finished every fight in the demo. Definitely felt like a much better Monster Hunter clone than Soul Sacrifice.

I'll totally be picking this up when it hits the US.

Man monster hunter is the handheld COD.

Everyone is trying their take on the formula.
Eh. At least it play pretty differently. The game/mission structure is what they take from monhun but the gameplay between god eater, soulsac, and ragnarok looks very different to me.

Monhn is basically its own genre now

Top Bottom