• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumors circulate after Vladimir Putin goes a full week without a public appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was this guy.

Rasputin_piercing_eyes.jpg

wee-bey-oh-shit.gif

ICKE

Banned
The Kremlin is preparing for a major announcement regarding Putin, all the major media outlets have been informed to prepare accordingly :

Кремль готовит важное заявление, журналистов просят не разъезжаться на выходные
По словам источника в пресс-службе президента России на ближайшее время готовится важное заявление и по этой причине руководителей профильных СМИ попросили быть готовыми в ближайшие дни к возможной пресс-конференции.

-Vlasti

ICKE

Banned

It could be anything. The most likely possibility at this point is a press conference related to family affairs - after this one-week leave of absence. This is the problem when there is no transparency though, everything is guesswork at this point. Of course people will understand if this will be a birth announcement of some sort.

The Kremlin is preparing for a major announcement regarding Putin, all the major media outlets have been informed to prepare accordingly :

regarding Putin?

I have read that the media bosses has been told to prepare for a major announcement, but not any other detail.

I think perhaps we should care to prepare ourselves for intelligent bears. I don't know why but something deep inside me compels me to consider intelligent bears and i'm worried they are not very far away. Who knows, perhaps they have taken control of the Kremlin already.

Einhander

The announcement will be that they're changing their country name back to the USSR and Vladimir will walk on stage as Czar Putin, wearing a military uniform.

This will be an Emperor Palpatine moment.

Someone can now post the Simpsons gif.

The original source of this story is from a questionable website and hasn't been backed up by any other sources, it's almost certainly false.

I do think there is something going on though. This morning the Kremlin released photos/videos of Putin from a meeting they said happened today. But someone noticed that there is a ceremonial clock on Putin's desk which had already been given as a gift previously to Kadyrov. Kadryov posted a video on Instagram on the 11th showing him receiving the gift of "the clock that stood on Putin's desk".

B__etwWVEAA8JH4.jpg

antonz

There are reports that the General in command of the Internal Troops has been killed. Nothing substantial to confirm it yet but if true could indicate that there is indeed some big stuff going on behind the scenes.

AmyS

The higher ups in the Kremlin are deciding the best way to go about getting all the former Soviet Republics back together again. The New Soviet Union.

nObsidN.jpg

amWKE80.png

antonz

What's Medvedev up to? Has he been seen?

Haven't seen anything about him. His last tweet was about a week ago.

Same thing as the "Castro is dead" rumors for the last 60 years I guess.

Likely but the dynamics on the ground are very different. People with considerable power are losing out heavily because of Putin's Ukrainian adventure. Many oligarchs have lost as much as half their wealth. The Russian Bank reserves are plummeting to where soon they wont have any cash reserves.

There are reports that the General in command of the Internal Troops has been killed. Nothing substantial to confirm it yet but if true could indicate that there is indeed some big stuff going on behind the scenes.

Zolotov? Pretty sure that's just one of the fakes stories from twitter. There is a lot of bullshit out there at the moment.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Same thing as the "Castro is dead" rumors for the last 60 years I guess.

Nope. The Kremlin is doing a really poor job at spinning - their official statement is glib and vague as hell. It's weird. They simply don't have a story, so whatever happened was unexpected. The joke about Putin having more plastic surgery might not be a bad guess. He's vain as shit. If he swelled up or something I could totally see him canceling and the Kremlin panicking to think of an excuse.

The hilarious thing is that their decade of SUPERMAN PR for the assclown has blown up in their face - it sounds like they'd be scared to admit he had a cold, lest it tarnish his indestructible mien.

I can still hold out a glimmer of hope that a coup happened because he was single handedly destroying the country. The Oligarchs wouldn't be very happy about losing 50% of their worth over the last few months - all in the name of the man's stupendous ego and vanity.

Yamauchi

Banned
It'll be interesting to see what is happening. I think that the FSB vs. Oligarchs narrative may be accurate and that the FSB is currently housecleaning.

I've had my doubts for a while that Putin was the one wearing the pants in Russia. The next couple of weeks will reveal whether that is true or not, especially if we see a shake-up in some mid-level administration positions.

If Medvedev is replaced, we can be sure that a right-wing coup has taken place behind the scenes.

Valhelm

contribute something
It could be anything. The most likely possibility at this point is a press conference related to family affairs - after this one-week leave of absence. This is the problem when there is no transparency though, everything is guesswork at this point. Of course people will understand if this will be a birth announcement of some sort.

That would make a lot of sense given the matter of his secret wife.

Yamauchi

Banned
Oh, and the reason I think something serious is happening is that the meetings that have been cancelled over the past week have been very important. One was the signing of a treaty with South Ossetia that effectively brings it under Russian command, while one of the others was with the heads of the Eurasian Economic Union states.

Nope. The Kremlin is doing a really poor job at spinning - their official statement is glib and vague as hell. It's weird. They simply don't have a story, so whatever happened was unexpected. The joke about Putin having more plastic surgery might not be a bad guess. He's vain as shit. If he swelled up or something I could totally see him canceling and the Kremlin panicking to think of an excuse.
Maybe the doctor injected the Botox into a vein.

antonz

Did he really become a dad?

Local Swiss press is claiming she had a girl. So no male heir for Putin. Be hard to know the truth as Putin isn't much for sharing especially if he is trying to keep his good old orthodox image intact.

It was really curious how so many high ranking officials took off to Crimea in the last week. Putin was not among those that went. Either way a mystery is always fun to see unfold

DJMicLuv

Maybe he was walking fast through the kitchen and accidentally caught his left nut on the edge of a table resulting in a small tear to the scrotum and bruising around the groin.

That wouldn't be life threatening but would definitely lay him up for a week at least.

Althane

Maybe he was walking fast through the kitchen and accidentally caught his left nut on the edge of a table resulting in a small tear to the scrotum and bruising around the groin.

That wouldn't be life threatening but would definitely lay him up for a week at least.

That seems... oddly specific?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom