• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse ships 1.5 million units WW

Takao

Banned
Worldwide shipments for Dragon Ball Xenoverse have surpassed 1.5 million units, publisher Bandai Namco announced.

“I would like to thank everyone for their support on this new challenge,” Bandai Namco producer Masayuki Hirano said in a press release. “We decided to take a risk and create a completely new concept to entertain our fans and Dragon Ball lovers and we are quite proud of the successful result! On a more personal note, I feel honored to create a game around a licence as massive as Dragon Ball! On behalf of Bandai Namco Games: thanks for your amazing support! We will continue working and reaching new heights!”

The first downloadable content for Xenoverse will launch today in North America and Europe (tomorrow for PlayStation platforms in Europe).

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/03/dragon-ball-xenoverse-shipments-top-1-5-million#6dGxmLXADOkbQfkS.99

Game launched on PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One last month.

Pit

Spoiler: It's fantastic. Lovers of the anime or previous games should dip now if you have waited

Tsunamo

Glad it's doing so well, well deserved. I look forward to seeing what Dimps do in the sequel to improve on it.

1.5 million in 1 month.....best selling DBZ title since PS2 gen?

Would like to know the platform split though but its great to see a good title do well.

And now with Xenoverse 2 they will completely change the combat formula :p

Great game. Build a new destruction system and let me punch through mountains next game or blast craters into the ground that stay.

Thats amazing, one of the games I'll buy when I get my PS4.

I hope this means we'll get the ArcSys developed 3DS game too.

Karsha

The only issue I had with the game is the lack of ultimate attacks/finishers. If they made a second one with them and polish some other stuff + add more character it might be the best DB ever

HanaChie

Banned
I can barely play it on my ps3 with drops to I don't know around 15 fps and constant disconnecting from server but still congratz namco. It's really the only games I have ever played when fps drops annoy me that hard. When there are more than 3 characters on screen it's basically a slide show.

martino

Glad it's doing so well, well deserved. I look forward to seeing what Dimps do in the sequel to improve on it.

this. a next gen only game with some improvment/balance, more content and better pace cinematic/story and quicker netcode can give an huge game

FourMyle

Very happy to hear this. I love the game even though it has a lot of flaws. We will no doubt get a sequel now, which I hope they will use as an opportunity to improve on the great groundwork they laid down with Xenoverse.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Good Job Namco Bandai. I won't say its a good game, the graphics are horrible and the gameplay is worse than the PS2 games by far. But i'm glad there's still a demand for games in this vein, and so i hope to see these things continue.

Percy

Banned
I am genuinely surprised this has done as well as it has. But then... has a DBZ game ever launched on so many platforms at once?

Meia

WELL deserved. It's easy to see why the servers were having problems now I'd hope. :p

With this they can take feedback to heart and make a sequel even better.

Shengar

I guess the game is selling because of the charactwr customization? Honestly that's the only thing put my intereat to the game.

I am genuinely surprised this has done as well as it has. But then... has a DBZ game ever launched on so many platforms at once?

The amount of platforms that it launched on really doesn't have much to do with how well it's performed. The current gen versions are carrying the weight. For example, in the UK the PS3 version didn't even crack the top 40 and the 360 version only landed at 39. But it still sold between 15-20k in its first week. By comparison, the last three DBZ games sold around 5k each in their first week.

Aru

It's nice to see a DBZ game do well, but what I've heard, seen and read about the game makes me feel it isn't for me at all.

I'll wait for the next game.

Texar

Banned
005382757_over9000ry4.jpg

ITS OVER 1.5 MILLION!!

Sorry couldn't help it

Well deserved. It might have been my favourite DBZ game ever if it wasn't for the RNG burning me out. Gameplay is great fun. I like it more then the ps2 games in that regard. New story is fun but the last boss and the story around him left me shaking my head at the screen. Can't wait for the sequel that hopefully has real transformations.

jn20900

Neo Member
They got fixed very quickly, only took a few days.

Good news though, the OT here is massive and a lot of people made note that it was sold out in a lot of places.

It took 2 weeks not all that quick to be honest. I would to sign out of psn sometimes just to get into single player because of it trying to force connect and getting stuck. I feel his game got a pass even though it has quite a few issues.

Blackage

I wonder if the story or the character creation was the main selling point.

The actual gameplay is my least favorite part of the game.

OptimusLime

Due mostly to word of mouth. General consensus is its a surprisingly fun game, unfortunately laden with RNG loot, and that the sequel will probably be absolutely brilliant.

Ekid

To be honest I would have prefered a Tenkaichi 4 by far since I play mainly versus mode, but I guess it's a good news for all the DB's fan as more sales means more budget and better games.

I wonder if the story or the character creation was the main selling point.

The actual gameplay is my least favorite part of the game.

The actual gameplay was my favorite part. Character creation was just personalizing yourself within the DBZ world, but if the fighting wasn't as fun as it is, would of quit a long ass time ago.

I think word of mouth had a lot to do with the sales. And will keep the game selling for awhile no doubt.

Game is great. Best fighting system they've put together for a DBZ game since Boudakai Tenkaichi 2/3

Bruno MB

Some Dragon Ball shipments:

[Japan - Europe] Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi (PS2) - 1,367,000
[Japan - Europe] Super Dragon Ball Z (PS2) - 466,000
[Japan - Europe] Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 (PS2, Wii) - 1,825,000
[Japan - Europe] Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (PS2, Wii) - 1,460,000
[Japan - Europe] Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit (PS3, 360) - 730,000
[Worldwide] Dragon Ball: Raging Blast (PS3, 360) - 700,000
[Worldwide] Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 (PS3, 360) - 580,000
[Worldwide] Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi (PS3, 360) - 700,000
[Worldwide] Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (PS3, 360, PSV) - 620,000
[Worldwide] Dragon Ball Xenoverse (PS3, PS4, 360, XBO) - 1,500,000

Please note that these aren't lifetime totals, just the last known available data.

We're missing US sales for those titles that were published by Atari. I've been doing a bit of research and the only thing I have found is that Dragon Ball: Burst Limit sold around 930,000 units, isn't that too high for just one region?

Evilmaus

Really want to play this game as I love the anime and have never had a chance to play the others, just sucks that i really can't afford it right now.
Hopefully it'll get a small discount on Steam or something soon!

Simmins

Well deserved. It renewed my love with DBZ, and is a great game to play in short bursts. I love just getting on doing 5 - 10 Parallel missions and logging out. It's pretty much my go to casual game right now. I can't wait for world tournament. The only problem right now other than the server issues, is the game is really really really easy to cheat in. You can just use a memory hack program and boom max stats, invincibility and money. All this carries over online as well so I think unless there is more moderation and banning then World Tournament is just going to be a mess of hackers.

Brilliant. I have still yet to buy but this is encouraging. Wondering how Storm 4 will do being the first next gen only anime fighter. The PS3/360 games were breaking 1 million consistently right?

Usobuko

Banned
Well, it's the first DBZ game I'm had an interest to in a long while and Dragon Ball is at best a 7/10 series.

I guess the game is selling because of the character customization? Honestly that's the only thing put my interest to the game.

Yes, this plays a big part in my purchase too.

Valnen

It's probably the best DBZ game to come out in a looooong time. I hope we see a Xenoverse 2 or extended DLC support.

Gimme a Broly mentor. Please. Legendary Super Saiyan form is so much cooler! I wanna learn more of his fighting style!

Akzel

I'm proud of the new Dragon Ball title. I hope they will succeed in the future as well. I'm a huge fan of the saga since forever and I can't wait to play those future title after seeing Xenoverse.

Wow I knew a few people with this game, could tell it was selling great.

I love DB so I hope this turns into a big franchise (I know it has been around a while).

Top Bottom