• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse ships 1.5 million units WW

Vex_

Banned
I knew it was gonna be a winner. I called it awhile ago. It had all the signs of a great, semi addicting game.

It delivered. Not without flaws. There are some I can see them fixing, others I can see them leaving until the eventual
inevitable
XV2 comes out.

I wouldn't be surprised if it has done better on Steam than on any other single platform. We'll know when Ars publish their next article I guess.

1. I highly doubt these numbers even include Steam.
2. There is little chance it became the best selling since the PS2 gen due to being on Steam or that its the best selling version.

DBZ XV did exceedingly well in EU charts, NPD and even in Japan. Best selling SKU is most likely PS4.

I don't see the PC audience being notable going by Ars sales.
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution did 650 000 in less than a month on PS360. Steam sales have it at 100k for around 4 months. UNS3 has shipped 2 million WW on PS360. These types of games have massive audiences on consoles especially Playstation.

Corpekata

Banned
Naruto more reinforces the Steam sales point that refutes it. Naruto capped out at like 6k concurrent players on Steam, while DBZ capped out around 23k, so it is clearly doing a lot better than Naruto. It's easily Namco's best selling game on PC outside of the Souls series.

Naruto more reinforces the Steam sales point that refutes it. Naruto capped out at like 6k concurrent players on Steam, while DBZ capped out around 23k, so it is clearly doing a lot better than Naruto. It's easily Namco's best selling game on PC outside of the Souls series.

What do you mean by those numbers exactly? DBZ should have greater activity since its a new release compared to Naruto which is half a year old.

Corpekata

Banned
What do you mean by those numbers exactly? DBZ should have greater activity since its a new release compared to Naruto which is half a year old.

Concurrent player records. Naruto's highest number of concurrent players was 6k in September. DBZ was 23k in Feb. Obviously DBZ has more players now, that's not what I was saying. The concurrent numbers show that DBZ in its' first month is far more popular than Naruto was (and thus is selling far better).

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
Is this counting digital? If not they really need to start tracking digital data soon I haven't bought physical since PS3 started digital downloads

JNA

Banned
Great to hear!

Xenoverse is really fun. It does have a handful of problems but that can be fixed in the sequel.

Finally a DBZ game that's actually fun since god knows how long.

He's saying Naruto never went higher than 6k concurrent players at its peak.

Oh, well I guess a reasonable conclusion would be better sales than Naruto in that case but my point was more on how much larger the console userbase is and how growth was evidently seen from there.

Greenzxy

TYprfQV.jpg

They said I can become anything.

..so I became a Sayian.

Top Bottom