• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reddit: leaked Paper Mario TTYD 3D? (Real or Fake)

Didn't see a topic about it on the main page. This was just posted in Nintendo Download thread.

yhalothar

vDEEZbI.gif

g688ooE.png

Source: Reddit

Can someone with experience with fakes please tear this apart and see if legit? I'm very dubious about the source as well.

Source:

http://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/30dd28/paper_mario_thousand_year_door_3d_leak/

JordanKZ

It's honestly hard to say. I mean it seems like a pretty logical choice for the 3DS. But after the Rayman Smash Bros. DLC fake... I have problems believing any "leak" anymore.

Brofield

I want it, but that's fake. Probably booted up the homebrew exploit on 3DS and made a custom little video to load and added shaky cam for effect.

Sadist

#teamfake

If it isn't, good. Missed out on it on Gamecube so I'd love play it.

Edit: oh right retarded lying day is almost here, never mind

April fools is around the corner.....this only gets me hopeful for a imminent Nintendo Direct. For now I call fake. It would be awesome though.

I would dearly love it, but I've been burned with this kind of thing before. Fake. It's lacking the storybook opening the original had, for one thing.

Also, it'd be an odd choice, given Miyamoto's previous feelings about Paper Mario RPGs on handhelds.

Shouldn't the title screen have the copyright info (and stuff like that) on it?
320px-Paper_Mario-_The_Thousand_Year_Door-title.png

People were doubtful about the smash leaks, then they started to believe every leak if it looked good enough since they didn't want to seem foolish again.
Then the Rayman leak turned out to be fake and now everyone is (rightfully) doubtful.

BiggNife

That gif looks pretty believable, but considering how real the Smash Rayman hoax looked, I have to take all of this with a grain of salt. Hoaxers are better than ever these days.

corn_fest

iirc Thousand Year Door starts with the typical Paper Mario opening cutscene when you start it up ("Ahem! Today...") and only goes to the static title screen with the partners and stage once you press start.
I don't think they would have cut that for a port, but you don't see it in the GIF.

Don't some 3DS games have it on the bottom screen though? Also no bottom screen in the video screams fake.

Also in the image, why is the bottom screen much more high quality than the top screen?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

While I'm surely hesitant to buy this as real...I think the copyright info could go in the lower screen, in theory.

fake but I'm sad... Nintendo please ! I enjoyed TTYD so please make a sequel (Sticker Stars was meh imo).

No need for remake though.

Nibel

Yeah, if you check it with Photoshop, the two screens look weird at the edges, like an image that was sized down

Servbot24

Banned
Guessing fake but would love if it were real.

If it were real he wouldn't have stopped recording at the title screen, which is easy to recreate.

Top Bottom