• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reddit: leaked Paper Mario TTYD 3D? (Real or Fake)

Almost definitely not real. Between Code Name STEAM and Fire Emblem If, Intelligent Systems have nowhere near enough people to port to the 3DS. Since that pic seems a decent way into the game, the developer would have to been working on this since at least early 2014, so Monster Games couldn't have made it and it would have probably taken more time with some other developer, which puts conflict with most of Nintendo's partners

The top screen would be pretty easy to take from I think the Pit of 100 Trials
The bottom screen doesn't seem that hard to put together in photoshop and with homebrew, I'm pretty sure it is easy to display two images like that.
As for the gif, it certainly isn't hard to modify a video of splicing the loadup of a 3DS game and the intro of PM:TYD. Modifying the logo is a bit trickier but there have been tougher fake leaks (like Rayman)

SalvaPot

This is a weird leak, seems like the kind of game they will win nothing remaking, specially since IntSys is hard at work with other stuff.

I don´t buy it.

Almost definitely not real. Between Code Name STEAM and Fire Emblem If, Intelligent Systems have nowhere near enough people to port to the 3DS. Since that pic seems a decent way into the game, the developer would have to been working on this since at least early 2014, so Monster Games couldn't have made it and it would have probably taken more time with some other developer, which puts conflict with most of Nintendo's partners

The top screen would be pretty easy to take from I think the Pit of 100 Trials
The bottom screen doesn't seem that hard to put together in photoshop and with homebrew, I'm pretty sure it is easy to display two images like that.
As for the gif, it certainly isn't hard to modify a video of splicing the loadup of a 3DS game and the intro of PM:TYD. Modifying the logo is a bit trickier but there have been tougher fake leaks (like Rayman)

That's what is tripping me up. If this isn't a fake, then there is someone out there who's really good at manipulating images/film.

TheMoon

It's a video.

Super easy to fake if you have video editing tools which everyone and their mama has these days.

K' Dash

ALL OVER MY FACE

mgs5bcdefk6u2t.gif

ohlawd

damn tho it should be real

cuz look at all these posters itt who haven't played this classic

they need Jesus, they need TTYD

I feel like if it was real they'd show something more conclusive. The title screen stuff could easily just be a youtube video or something, right? Show some video with the bottom screen.

PSqueak

Banned
Definitely Fake, but i could love it to be real specially since a friend borrowed my gamecube copy and then moved out of town D:

NotLiquid

I will say one thing, whoever did this fake has a nice eye for detail.

b7joRUK.jpg

I forget what audience ranking the blue curtains are but in no moment in the entire game are the curtains visible through the HUD unless someone is attacking. That ought to be easy to shop out though if you can get a screen of the curtain during an area-of-effect attack but still, nice eye for these things.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Looks fake going off of points that have already been stated, but bookmarking, just in case.

The section of the bottom 'status' screen looks super wonky, too, especially with it being 'removed' off of the top screen.

mclem

It's honestly hard to say. I mean it seems like a pretty logical choice for the 3DS.

Yeah, this, for me. It just makes sense, it's plausibly within the 3DS's scope. It all seems to fit together in my mind.

Which isn't to say it's not a fake, of course; I'm not really arguing for the merit or otherwise of that. Just that it works conceptually.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Ports as N3ds exclusives could be the actual route they could follow, but it seems fake.
Btw, I'll never understand people reactions SO excited for ports. Don't want to seem harsh, me too I could actually enjoy ports (OOT e MM were pretty good), but still...

I'm sure they'll announce this in the next Nintendo Direct alongside Animal Crossing U.

Nah, it's fake. I'm pretty damn sure of it. It is a good contender for a port though, a really good game that not that many people have played.

Top Bottom