• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC 2 - Full races

I love 200cc.
You shouldn't need to brake when you master these tracks, but it's gonna take some time. If anything it should make bananas stronger than they are because there is less room for mistakes and bad trajectories

Baleoce

If anything it should make bananas stronger than they are because there is less room for mistakes and bad trajectories

Yeah. Good lines and various drifting points are going to be even more important at this speed. Bananas could be devastating depending on the course.

Xav

"YEAH, THE FINAL LAP"

OH MY GODDD

o3p9ljn.gif

Tiamant

Oh my god.

Never played F-Zero but Big Blue looks amazing, nd it follows the greatness of Mount Wario "1 lap only"!

Synless

Wait, how many tracks are in this dlc? These 4 are new right? Plus the animal crossing track I didn't see posted and 4 retro tracks? 9 tracks total? That seems off.

Griss

I think I'll honestly buy a second copy of MK8 just to support the job they've done here. It's beyond my wildest dreams, really.

Baleoce

If someone else can confirm this for me, as I'm not listening under great conditions atm (tethered mobile net can only manage 144p >_>).

But I think I can hear in Super Bell Subway, it seems that the bass line plays the "Underground theme" as an ongoing riff whenever the player goes into the underground sections of the course, and stops when the player comes up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lecs9tGWJN4 That's pretty cool if so. This soundtrack just keeps giving xD

Davey Cakes

Wait, how many tracks are in this dlc? These 4 are new right? Plus the animal crossing track I didn't see posted and 4 retro tracks? 9 tracks total? That seems off.
8 tracks total.

4 brand new.
4 retro.

The two GBA courses might as well be new, though. Other than the very basic layouts from the GBA game, those courses are completely transformed.

Baleoce

Curse anyone that uses lightning on big blue! You hold that until the finish line. Don't be messing up that beautiful arrangement xD

Don't want to be rude but is the guy playing 3 or does he have some kind of hand eye synchronisation problem ? I never saw anyone sad bad at a racer ever in my life and I play a lot with my little cousin... Only the Big Blue stage was decent racing.

xandaca

I think I'll honestly buy a second copy of MK8 just to support the job they've done here. It's beyond my wildest dreams, really.

You realise you've supported them by buying the DLC, correct? Why not buy a few shares in Nintendo or anything less... pointless with your money if you want to show your approval in a more roundabout way?

Davey Cakes

Don't want to be rub but is the guy playing 3 or does he have some kind of hand eye synchronisation problem ? I never saw anyone sad bad at a racer ever in my life and I play a lot with my little cousin... Only the Big Blue stage was decent racing.
Should I generalize? I think I'll generalize.

The majority of people who play games are not good.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Ribbon Road is gorgeous. It reminds me of the Pikmin 3 Christmas DLC, but even better done. Just lovely.

Exentryk

That Baby Park is going to be crazy in a 12 man Frantic GAF room. :D

The Woods track feels amazing. Nice music too. Actually, all of the tracks are great!

Synless

8 tracks total.

4 brand new.
4 retro.

The two GBA courses might as well be new, though. Other than the very basic layouts from the GBA game, those courses are completely transformed.
Right, I didn't realize two of the above courses were retro, that's what was throwing me off.

phanphare

Banned
If someone else can confirm this for me, as I'm not listening under great conditions atm (tethered mobile net can only manage 144p >_>).

But I think I can hear in Super Bell Subway, it seems that the bass line plays the "Underground theme" as an ongoing riff whenever the player goes into the underground sections of the course, and stops when the player comes up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lecs9tGWJN4 That's pretty cool if so. This soundtrack just keeps giving xD

confirmed! very audible around the 40 second mark

it gets muted out by all the ruckus (sound options Nintendo!!!) later so I can't tell how long it repeats

good catch though

Top Bottom