• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC 2 - Full races

Davey Cakes

Ribbon Road might be the best looking track in the entire game now. Absolutely LOVE it.
With this DLC, there will be 48 tracks.

That's a lot.

Most of them are absolutely gorgeous, too. Nintendo is doing a great job, quality wise, if post-release content is contending for "best yet" in any category.

All of the tracks look amazing. I'm not ready for 200cc Baby Park and all the chaos, haha.

And Ribbon Road looks amazing, that'll probably be my favorite track out of this DLC.

bumpkin

Big Blue was my favorite track in the original F-Zero (mainly the music), so that clip gives me them nostalgic feels.

hatchx

Banned
Wow didn't realize Big Blue was one long track like Wario mountain. That's just awesome.

Really impressed with these new courses.

phanphare

Banned
is there any other DLC that compares to the value and pure awesomeness of Mario Kart 8's?

like, if Nintendo were the first to standardize DLC with stuff like this I think the word "DLC" wouldn't have anywhere close to the negative connotation that it does in today's gaming landscape.

KooopaKid

Banned
is there any other DLC that compares to the value and pure awesomeness of Mario Kart 8's?

like, if Nintendo were the first to standardize DLC with stuff like this I think the word "DLC" wouldn't have anywhere close to the negative connotation that it does in today's gaming landscape.

Portal 2 free co-op campaign DLC ;)

Risgroo

"YEAH, THE FINAL LAP"

OH MY GODDD

FTRllAM.gif

Nice, totally forgot about this dlc, I bought both a while ago. My wife is going to be excited for some new tracks. May have to delve into these tonight.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
All this F-Zero shit might just be the biggest cock tease I ever experienced in gaming. If we don't get an announcement at E3 I'll cry.

Davey Cakes

200cc is perfect.

People missing turns is what this game needed as the SNES version required perfect timing.

Acceleration holders are going to hate this mode.
Yeah. Turns being difficult is definitely something reminiscent of old Mario Kart.

Even tracks like SNES RR don't feel deadly like they did in SMK.

F-Zero kind of carried on that torch, but it looks like MK8 with 200CC is getting there.

Lunar15

Ok, look, just do this:

F-Zero Wii U is a downloadable title only, based on a very tweaked version of the mario kart engine. They release a pack of 5 tracks for 10 dollars each every month for six months, giving them time to design each track and see how well each pack performs.

You can buy a "season pass" for 50 bucks, but you get a discount if you bought the DLC for Mario Kart, bringing it down to 40 bucks.

Is it optimal? No, but if it allowed a new F-Zero to happen, I'd be all for it.

Mupod

All this F-Zero shit might just be the biggest cock tease I ever experienced in gaming. If we don't get an announcement at E3 I'll cry.

I could definitely see them putting a GX port on the N3DS.

I'd love a full new Wii U game but...yeah. I'm not that optimistic.

200cc is going to murder me. Its like playing MK8 for the first time again. I cant wait!

Man Big Blue is gosh darn beautiful.

Omnicent

Don't want to be rude but is the guy playing 3 or does he have some kind of hand eye synchronisation problem ? I never saw anyone sad bad at a racer ever in my life and I play a lot with my little cousin... Only the Big Blue stage was decent racing.

not on 200cc, which will take some getting used to as you will likely have to begin your drifts earlier than on 150cc.

I promised myself that I wouldn't cry.

Don't worry. Come the 23rd I'm sure GAFcc will take care of this. That or make it rain salt more so than normal.

Azure J

200cc is perfect.

People missing turns is what this game needed as the SNES version required perfect timing.

Acceleration holders are going to hate this mode.

Challenge accepted. I shall be the only person playing with zero brakes and living on the razor's edge.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Nintendo would be assholes to do all that and not have an F zero for E3
Just sayan !

Yeah, that would be like putting Conker into Project Spark and not making a new Conker game, too. Who on earth would do such a thing?

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Challenge accepted. I shall be the only person playing with zero brakes and living on the razor's edge.
You won't. I will avoid those damn breaks. I hate breaks, there should just be a more stronger drift if the game really cannot be played without choosing between breaking and bumping into walls. There is no brake in F-Zero X / GX either! (Or so I pretend, there is a button that lets you break, but what kind of crazy person would use that? Speedspeedspeed!)

Top Bottom