• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 debuting June 15th at the Xbox briefing

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEc6A1c6guw&feature=youtu.be&a

Before you flip your lids, at minimum it's also on PC in the same fiscal quarter:

eadvuy4.png

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I loved the first one so much I got a Platinum. Can't wait, hopefully they're not stupid enough to do another exclusive window and damage the online communities again for each platform.

It would be silly to do timed exclusivity again, right? Because after the last game, anyone who wants it on any other platform than Xbox won't buy an Xbox for it since they can just wait.

But timed exclusivity stuff rarely makes sense, so whatevs.

Courage

It would be silly to do timed exclusivity again, right? Because after the last game, anyone who wants it on any other platform than Xbox won't buy an Xbox for it since they can just wait.

But timed exclusivity stuff rarely makes sense, so whatevs.

I'd probably guess it's exclusive content this time and not the game itself.

Super hyped for a new GW!

Regarding exclusivity: It seems super counter productive to give the game out for free on ps4 (which have gotten a lot of people on board with the game it seems) and then have the sequel be a timed exclusive for Xbone. I would imagine the reason the game it out for free in the first place was to create hype for the sequel.

EA is usually terrible at handling stuff like this though and I'm sure Microsoft would love GW2 as an exclusive, so I wouldn't be super surprised. Some exclusive DLC seems more likely though.

Eh, just because it's revealed at MS's conference doesn't necessarily mean it's timed exclusive, unless you're Major Nelson with MGSV.

MS is after all, the first conference of the day, and all this means is that there's a marketing deal with MS on this game.

Could it be timed? Sure. But a reveal at a conference isn't an assurance for it.

kevin1025

Banned
I'm guessing they will style it like a jokey Call of Duty press conference demo, especially if Call of Duty has jumped to Playstation for marketing now.

I remember the reception the announcement of the first one got... such a turnaround. They earned it too, Garden Warfare is legit great.

wachie

Eh, just because it's revealed at MS's conference doesn't necessarily mean it's timed exclusive, unless you're Major Nelson with MGSV.

MS is after all, the first conference of the day, and all this means is that there's a marketing deal with MS on this game.

Could it be timed? Sure. But a reveal at a conference isn't an assurance for it.
or Xbox Twitter. lol

Really enjoyed this on both X1 and then on PS4. Hopefully it releases at a time where it gets more attention

I loved the first one so much I got a Platinum. Can't wait, hopefully they're not stupid enough to do another exclusive window and damage the online communities again for each platform.

How was the online community damaged by the staggered release?

Would be so stupid on EA's part if they did that again given that the PS4 version was a massive bomb due to being a late port.
Why would coming out later result in the game being a bomb? Lots of games have gotten late PC releases to great success (Alan Wake, Valkyria Chronicles, etc.) Not sure why it'd be any different for PS4, unless there's some sort of fanbase-wide "bite my nose to spite my face" thing going on.

wachie

Also some one brought up a good point in the old thread - EA could have given it away for FREE at PSX to interest the PS4 fanbase.

MiguelItUp

This time I'll buy it on PC instead of XB1. I cannot wait to hear more about it! Honestly the first was the only game that kept making me turn my XB1 on.

Chobel

Why would coming out later result in the game being a bomb? Lots of games have gotten late PC releases to great success (Alan Wake, Valkyria Chronicles, etc.) Not sure why it'd be any different for PS4, unless there's some sort of fanbase-wide "bite my nose to spite my face" thing going on.

Sales on consoles are usually front loaded, unlike PC.

Would be so stupid on EA's part if they did that again given that the PS4 version was a massive bomb due to being a late port.

Agreed. If a player base isn't treated like first class citizens a game will bomb no matter how good it is.

Top Bottom