• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 debuting June 15th at the Xbox briefing

Any idea how much it sold?

I really can't relate to this game (as I don't relate to Minecraft), but I'd like to understand if it was such a phenomenon that would disrupt anything in MS's favor to have it on their conference.

Any idea how much it sold?

I really can't relate to this game (as I don't relate to Minecraft), but I'd like to understand if it was such a phenomenon that would disrupt anything in MS's favor to have it on their conference.

The only real impact this has on system wars is it's potentially one more third-party exclusive Microsoft gets to count on their side. I don't remember the game lighting the charts on fire or anything, and it won't have anything near the impact of Minecraft (never mind that Minecraft isn't exclusive to any console platform). It fills the same kind of role as Splatoon: a kid-friendly multiplayer shooter. It's also very good.

The other thing we don't know is whether this actually is a timed exclusive or something lesser. Given the first game's eventual appearance on PS4, it seems highly unlikely that it'll be an actual exclusive unless Microsoft is bankrolling parts of the game this time out ala Rise of the Tomb Raider or (on Sony's side) Street Fighter V.

perhaps language barrier (English is not my 1st). I don't "get" both games, neither Minecraft or Garden Warfare.

The good old Plants vs Zombies I dig, a lot.

I think the confusion of the previous poster is because Minecraft and PvZ Garden Warfare have nothing in common, gameplay-wise.

zychi

Banned
the three things i want from that image, are 3 of the 4 things not coming to PC.

Bring sports back to PC EA. Its not like porting from x1 to pc is as hard as ps3 to pc

Just a thought,but they could bring this game out free for EA subscribers. It would add value to the subscription ,and explain it's place at the Xbox show. So $40 bucks for PS4,PC,and non-subscribers.

Honestly, I'd have played the first more if I had HDD space, buying an external at the end of the month so I'll be back in this. Second game is more than welcome!

Unless you are expecting to watch 30 minutes of halo there was no way Microsoft could give 90 minutes of first party alone. Garden warfare was a good stage presence for them at e3 2013 so im not suprised its back their

Look at it this way... PVZ GW2 fits well in a presentation that will be dominated by more serious / brown shooters like Halo, Gears, The Division and Rainbow Six Seige.

I think you're putting too much weight into their 1st party dedication. There will be plenty of 3rd party games at the presser.

Given EA have their own conference and PvZ isn't a blockbuster title (like COD was, for example) I think unless they have some sort of big feature or deal to tout it seems like a strange game to have, just my opinion.

Im expecting third party games, of course they'll have some, the idea that they won't show any is ridiculous and not what I said or what I'm expecting.

They will show off The Division again probably (which they will go big on) and other games they have picked up marketing for although I'm not exactly sure what they will be (Rainbow6? Battleborn?) but with all these third parties (Bethesda + Square, adding to Ubisoft and EA) I was expecting them to generally showcase their games in their own conferences unless a platform holder got something worth touting for themselves.

We can see the sorts of games that they will be showing which will have gameplay demos: Halo 5 Guardians, Fable Legends, Scalebound, Forza Motorsport 6, Gigantic(you'd think?), Rise of the Tomb Raider, Gears something are obvious, although Gigantic might just get a trailer. Crackdown could be there too and i'd expect them to have something Minecraft related. Thats a pretty decent amount of your show already

Top Bottom