• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 debuting June 15th at the Xbox briefing

J-Tier

Hoping for a few new classes. I loved GW, but I feel like different battlegrounds really favored one side or the other, and I think both sides should have an answer for these situations.

kiguel182

Isn't the game just one year old? Seems so soon for a sequel.

And well, I guess the game did great for them on the Xbox so partnering with them (with or without exclusivity) makes sense.

One week to go people!

bombshell

And well, I guess the game did great for them on the Xbox so partnering with them (with or without exclusivity) makes sense.

One week to go people!

It's releasing Q1 next year, 2 years after the first.

Doffen

One week to go people!

First released on February 25, 2014. This game will apparently release during EA's Q4 aka January-March 2016.

Papacheeks

Banned
Why is everyone assuming Garden warfare? It's not in the title, or subtitle, just says Plants vs. Zombies TBA?

Could be a full on sequel to just main plants game.

Kind of early isn't it for a sequel already? Game cam out august of last year right?

Welfare

Why is everyone assuming Garden warfare? It's not in the title, or subtitle, just says Plants vs. Zombies TBA?

Kind of early isn't it for a sequel already? Game cam out august of last year right?

It's heavily implied to be GW2 and it came out in February of last year on Xbox. PS4 version was in August.

ElNino

The audio in the teaser sounds an awful lot like Garden Warfare, and it says it is debuting during the Xbox Briefing so I think it's safe to assume it's a Garden Warfare game.

Also, it came out in February I believe on Xbox so it would be about two years since it released if it comes out Q1 2016.

Papacheeks

Banned
It's heavily implied to be GW2 and it came out in February of last year on Xbox. PS4 version was in August.

Gotcha. My gut is still saying it's not garden warfare but something new entirely in the plantsvzombie series.

Feels still too early. I mean Respawn is making titanfall 2, but we wont here anything till next year.

Welfare

Gotcha. My gut is still saying it's not garden warfare but something new entirely in the plantsvzombie series.

Feels still too early. I mean Respawn is making titanfall 2, but we wont here anything till next year.

Titanfall 2 is probably on a 3 year dev cycle. GW2 would be 2 years, so seeing something now makes sense.

Timed exclusive on XBone and free from charitable EA in 6 months time :p

Honestly wasn't that fussed over the game personally. Had it's charm, but maybe it was just too little, too late by the time it came to PS4 for people to get hyped and care about it.

Add a campaign this time.

Unless the scale is much much bigger, then nah.

This game if it's anything like the first will need as much MP content as possible to sustain it, I think more people here would like a much more improved split screen options.

Namely a more fleshed out horde mode and MP inclusion.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Add a campaign this time.

This is the one time where I wouldn't want one.

The multiplayer is so good and lends itself well to pretty much all skill levels. I don't even think a single player type thing would be all that entertaining. They'd be wasting time when they should be making crazy multiplayer thingies (of which I don't even know how they'd improve on the first).

SiDCrAzY

I hope it's not a timed exclusive. I'll buy it either way, but the wait will suck. GOTY 2016 for me hopefully, just like the first one.

Azriell

I played the ever loving fuck out Garden Warfare. I just "finished" it yesterday, finally unlocking all of the class variants, earning 3.5m coins and putting in nearly 80 hours. And I'm still playing it because it's just that good.

I'm really hoping for most classes. I love how Garden Warfare 1 has so many counters. Each class is over powered in its own right if left unchecked by a counter. I hope GW2 is able to maintain this balance while expanding things. I also love the asymmetrical nature of many modes. I want more of that, especially as it is in the spirit of the original games. I really hope to see more unique class variants rather than every class getting fire/ice/lightning/toxic.

My only real complaint with GW1 was a lack of maps (especially in Gardens and Graveyards). Hopefully they figure out how to share maps between modes better.

Mindlog

Fabulous game. Just wish my inventory could carry over across platforms. I understand why they can't do that, but the reasons suck.

They put in a lot of great work on the first game. Can't wait to see that the second one brings. Got all the achievements.

Calcium

Banned
I hope it isn't a timed exclusive this time. I love the Plants vs. Zombies series, but I'm going to be pretty pissed if Playstation has to wait 6 months again.

GW was a fun game. Im intrigued by it being at the MS conference though, seems like a waste of conference time unless its first on XB1/PC with cross-play or something, EA have their own conference to show it otherwise.

Love the first Garden Warfare. My kid and I play it all the time. could use a better net code. If the new game is a Tower defense, that's fine with me too.

GW was a fun game. Im intrigued by it being at the MS conference though, seems like a waste of conference time unless its first on XB1/PC with cross-play or something, EA have their own conference to show it otherwise.

That's common for EA and Ubisoft to show games at both shows even without anything substantial for that platform.

That's common for EA and Ubisoft to show games at both shows even without anything substantial for that platform.

I know, but given Microsoft saying they have a bigger focus on 1st party stuff this year, I think they wouldn't bring out a game like PvZ unless there was something specific to them to show off.

It was a very good game at $40 but its a not a blockbuster franchise

labaronx

I know, but given Microsoft saying they have a bigger focus on 1st party stuff this year, I think they wouldn't bring out a game like PvZ unless there was something specific to them to show off.

Unless you are expecting to watch 30 minutes of halo there was no way Microsoft could give 90 minutes of first party alone. Garden warfare was a good stage presence for them at e3 2013 so im not suprised its back their

Look at it this way... PVZ GW2 fits well in a presentation that will be dominated by more serious / brown shooters like Halo, Gears, The Division and Rainbow Six Seige.

Garjon

Ugh... This should be at EAs conference instead of taking time at Microsoft's.

After the response to Sony and Microsoft's conferences compared to Nintendo's last year, I'd say we can expect to see Sony and MS show more colourful games this year.

I think you're putting too much weight into their 1st party dedication. There will be plenty of 3rd party games at the presser.

Top Bottom