• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 debuting June 15th at the Xbox briefing

Hanmik

wTEzPlZ.jpg

Major Nelson.. hmmm

Protome

I believe it sold way less on PS4/PC, but I can't remember if that was a cream leak or how I remember that.

Actual sold, or people size of community? Because the game was free on PS4 at launch so I imagine it did pretty great overall. I've certainly never struggled to find a full game.

Timed exclusive again?
Please no! One of the best games I played last year and would really hope this to at least launch on PS4 the same time. It not in concrete so far, hopefully Microsoft just have the marketing rights. But if it happens to be a timed exclusive, I would recommend every XboxOne or PC owner to buy it, well at least if it's as good as the first one.

Great audio in the teaser, however. Is it a nod to Battlefronts amazing sound or just a tease for what new game modes and classes there is to come with the new one?

If you don't regard any other platform it releases on as viable, then... yeah, pretty much. Unless there's some sort of weird thing where it's "soiled" because other people got it first, I can't see why not.

Ok. If your logic works then SE shouldn't worry about PS4 RoTR sale i guess

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Actual sold, or people size of community? Because the game was free on PS4 at launch so I imagine it did pretty great overall. I've certainly never struggled to find a full game.

Wait...was it free? I don't think it was free. I remember preordering my copy on PS4.

Chobel

Right, but the front is relative, no? For PS4 exclusive/primary users (of whom I gather there's quite a few), it'd be a new game, wouldn't it?

Yes, but the buzz (and marketing) around the game will be gone by the time it's gonna be released in PS4. So less people know about it = less sales.

Of course this could change if EA launch another marketing campaign when the game launches in PS4, but I really doubt it.

I highly doubt it will even be a timed exclusive. Specially when most 3rd party games have been selling the most on ps4. I got it for free during psx and I really liked garden warfare. Can't wait for the second one.

MisterR

Right, but the front is relative, no? For PS4 exclusive/primary users (of whom I gather there's quite a few), it'd be a new game, wouldn't it?

Late ports always sell like shit on consoles. The initial hype is gone by the time it releases and most people have moved on with new games coming out. They just seem like yesterday's news.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Why would coming out later result in the game being a bomb? Lots of games have gotten late PC releases to great success (Alan Wake, Valkyria Chronicles, etc.) Not sure why it'd be any different for PS4, unless there's some sort of fanbase-wide "bite my nose to spite my face" thing going on.

Isn't that the "Nintendo excuse"? The game bombed because it was released later then other versions. Don't see why it can't be used for PS4 as well.

MisterR

It wasn't free at launch. It was later given away from at PSX. After it sold like shit on PS4.

Yes, but the buzz (and marketing) around the game will be gone by the time it's gonna be released in PS4. So less people know about it = less sales.

Of course this could change if EA launch another marketing campaign when the game launches in PS4, but I really doubt it.

Late ports always sell like shit on consoles. The initial hype is gone by the time it releases and most people have moved on with new games coming out. They just seem like yesterday's news.

This makes more sense to me; it's about a lack of advertising rather than the actual datedness of the port.

Ok. If your logic works then SE shouldn't worry about PS4 RoTR sale i guess

I'm not saying sales won't suck, I'm just wondering why, lol.

Isn't that the "Nintendo excuse"? The game bombed because it was released later then other versions. Don't see why it can't be used for PS4 as well.

Don't most Wii U ports also suffer from... well... lots of stuff? Mostly performance wise?

Oh dam I had no idea a sequel was coming. The first one was a huge surprise for me and one of my most played games this generation. I'm there day one for any sequel.

Chobel

@Nirolak: Is this confirmed to be the sequel to Garden Warfare? All the material I saw mention only "Plant vs Zombies".

Wasp

I'd love a proper single player campaign mode, kinda similar to the one in TimeSplitters 2.

I also want splitscreen available in every mode, not just one. Not just splitscreen local only but splitscreen and online together like the Halo games.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They should either make it full exclusive to Xbox one (or) release at same time for all platforms because last game timed exclusivity killed its sales on other platforms.

Chobel

They didn't explicitly say it's gonna be garden warfare sequel, they said another game in "Plants vs. Zombies universe".

the teaser is a Parody take on "Modern Warfare 2"... that should be a dead giveaway..

Do you have a link to that trailer?

Top Bottom