• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

6 minute Kojima-edited MGS V trailer premiering Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
During Geoff's Youtube Stream

gntQjQ8.png

Is it wrong that what I'm most looking forward to is his choice of music for the trailer?

No joke the songs for me have been the best thing about the MGS 5 trailers.

Euron

Is it wrong that what I'm most looking forward to is his choice of music for the trailer?

That's 100% what I'm looking forward to the most as well. The dude has an amazing taste in music. Since he won't be making MGS anymore after 5 I want his playlists.

Is this that last mgs trailer before release where he spoils everything?
That'd be kind of hilarious as a way to sabotage the game and Konami, but also pretty depressing. More seriously, for those who want to avoid spoilers, it'd be best to intentionally tune out from this one. I can't resist, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we got a little too much information. Can't wait though!

FLD

Nah, when I read this the first thing I thought of was Nuclear and now I'm listening to it again. Looking forward to this almost as much for the music as for the actual content of the trailer.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Don't know what to think of this. Knowing that there's a final Kojima MGS trailer just makes me really sad. Never thought this would happen anytime soon. Fuck Konami.

A shorter version may be at a presser, with info to watch the full 6 minutes later.
Maybe with another "leak" like last time that was hours ahead of the conference of the day it premiered. I say "leak" since it honestly did come off somewhat suspect, and it seemed to many as I recall like a protest against the Sony conference planning to cut off the trailer short, which they did by about a minute.

I suppose this is also the trailer he edited or at least started editing back in December/January? I'm glad Konami isn't so dense as to have gotten rid of a pre-made trailer just because of their vendetta against Kojima. Glad we'll get one final trailer from the master himself, at least according to Geoff, but it seems he and Kojima have been pretty well in contact for more than half the game's development at this point, lol.

That'd be kind of hilarious as a way to sabotage the game and Konami, but also pretty depressing. More seriously, for those who want to avoid spoilers, it'd be best to intentionally tune out from this one. I can't resist, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we got a little too much information. Can't wait though!

Yeah I'm pretty sure he's done it with every release. Especially 3. Sucks lol.
I'm gonna cover my eyes if it's during a conference. Hard to resist...

For almost 20 years, the most amazing thing to look forward to at E3 would be a trailer edited by Kojima. Overly long, dramatic, crazy, often misleading, but more informative than they actually let on.

I will savor this.

Mifec

A landlord change has meant I'm without internet at home, such bad timing!

Traveling most of Europe starting Sunday, won't be home until October, gonna miss MGS launch :( But then again I'm traveling most of Europe so I shouldn't really bitch about it.

Gonna miss having amazing MGS trailers to look forward to at e3...

At least until he gets a new publisher :D

The platinum announcement isn't in close proximity to this trailer, is it... Cause I'd lose my fucking shit if we cut straight to an Revengeance 2 teaser

I just hope that whatever song he uses to get us with the story behind the trailer he also uses a fragment of the MGS theme.

FULL ON FEELS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom