• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

6 minute Kojima-edited MGS V trailer premiering Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully it allays some recent fears people've had that the game has barely any story. The press coverage recently got some people's jimmies rustled, so it'll be good if this can prove a good story focus. Though, we certainly already have enough trailers for that, so I'm not sure how they could actually change any people's opinions on that matter lol.

NYR94

What time should we expect this?

Could this be the first time we see the opening titles sequence designed by Kyle Cooper? Would be cool to see a little bit of it.

Can't wait! Still remember the quite long MGS4 one and it was glorious (though that one was during Sony's conference).

So not on Sony stage. Interesting but excited nonetheless

I'm guessing shorter edited version for Sony stage (like they did for that Sorcerer QD demo).

poodpick

The extra I'm looking forward to the most in the collector's edition is the behind the scenes + trailers bluray screw the 1/2 scale model

Risev1

No matter how good or bad TPP turns out to be, I'll always treasure it even if only for the amazing trailers it produced.

I've honestly watched the Nuclear trailer over 50 times, maybe much more.

byropoint

Is this the 3rd 5min trailer now? Can't wait for the game to be out already, we've been teased like this for almost 3 years :/

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Actually that's quite the opposite. Kojima's trailers are famous for being extremely spoiler-y.

This is so not true for MGSV, have you seen any of the other trailers? he does a fantastic job teasing stuff without revealing anything.

We still don't know NOTHING about the actual story of The Phantom Pain.

Risev1

This is so not true for MGSV, have you seen any of the other trailers? he does a fantastic job teasing stuff without revealing anything.

We still don't know NOTHING about the actualy story of The Phantom Pain.

Considering 90% of GZ's story was spoiled by the trailers, I'm not sure about that.

But you probably mean TPP.

Sn4ke_911

Considering 90% of GZ's story was spoiled by the trailers, I'm not sure about that.

But you probably mean TPP.

The game was around 1-2 hours long, i mean they had to show something. This is definitely not the case with TPP.

Erban1

Can't believe this is the last kojima directed mgs e3 trailer we'll ever get, some of my favorite trailers ever are from him...

Someone should start a thread with all of the E3 trailers so we can all reminisce before Monday...it's going to be a bittersweet moment

can't be as cheesy/cornball as that 'I'M NUCLEARRRRRRRR oh god wipe the ashes on my face much melodramatic wow" trailer right guys

Risev1

can't be as cheesy/cornball as that 'I'M NUCLEARRRRRRRR oh god wipe the ashes on my face much melodramatic wow" trailer right guys

If you didn't enjoy the Nuclear trailer..... well.... I mean I do respect opinions and all, but that might be the best trailer I've ever seen for a game.

Boke1879

PSY・S;167441901 said:

Not but it'll either be shown first on the E3 youtube event. Or A short version at a presser and a longer one released later.

But with Sony's event being last. I can see this being up first on youtube and then a shorter version at sony's presser with a bundle announcement.

Actually that's quite the opposite. Kojima's trailers are famous for being extremely spoiler-y.
Yup, buckle your seatbelts and shield your eyes from the glory of the sun if you want to avoid spoilers. I can't resist though. B)
Could this be the first time we see the opening titles sequence designed by Kyle Cooper? Would be cool to see a little bit of it.
I hope not, let's keep that a secret until the end. Maybe the blue and text parts motif of every other trailer will evolve to be something close to it, since its changed with every trailer.
The extra I'm looking forward to the most in the collector's edition is the behind the scenes + trailers bluray screw the 1/2 scale model
If they prove that they haven't censored everything (I doubt it), I'll keep my pre-order. I agree that that'll be the best part of the collector's edition, but I just don't trust Konami to have not butchered the making of feature. Also, the trailers would be good to have, but naturally a 24 or 30 fps encode would be worse than the 60 fps copies that exist online.
Can we already crown it best trailer of E3?
Not until we make sure that the Deus Ex Mankind Divided trailer doesn't get an extended cut like last time. It seemed a little rushed, so more running time could be just the trick for it to match up with one of the best game trailers ever, Human Revolution's.
How long before this renamed to be Konami-edited.
Geoff has been apparently abnormally closely involved in the planning of MGSV's smokescreen reveals and press coverage, starting with the whole Moby Dick Studios shenanigans and apparently reaching even further if he is to be believed. There was some big thing about months ago I think. Considering his close involvement, I'd wager he knows its the one Kojima teased back in January or December, before everything went to crap PR wise.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Does anyone have the YouTube E3 schedule? Does it just run from morning with the Microsoft pre-show until night with the Sony post-show?

JC, that trailer was pure ART

Here, lemme link to a bunch of Filmmaking Directing Directors™ who feel the same, because their praise legitimizes this industry.

#WORDSTHATKILL

Sn4ke_911

Will we see more of Code Talker? will Kojima finally reveal Frank Jaeger, Zero or Solid Snake?

Can't wait to find out.

Shy

LHHxddN.gif

Gamersyde has the E3 2014 trailer in 60fps.
Not the E3 2013 one though. :_:

Sn4ke_911

Can't wait to see it, especially for the music.
New song, mixed MGS songs, or more Donna Burke? I'm ready.

I'm hoping for TPP's main theme composed by Harry Gregson-Williams.

Or any track of the official soundtrack, hell that thing will have over 50 songs and tracks, please give us a taste Kojima!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom