• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

6 minute Kojima-edited MGS V trailer premiering Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait to see it, especially for the music.
New song, mixed MGS songs, or more Donna Burke? I'm ready.

This! God damn it I can't believe that after all the microtransaction news this small announcement already got me hyped for a simple trailer... god damn it I am a slave for this game.

I would love for some awesome fitting music with the theme of the game. Maybe we should open a betting pool.

squadr0n

First trailer not to have the Kojima Productions logo? Or will Kojima stick it too Konami and keep it in front and center! I still don't understand why they couldn't wait till after the game was released to pull those shinanigins.

Here's to you, Kojima

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Get ready

Show us more Eli
and tease David
Hayter

PSY・S;167447781 said:
What did the trailers for the previous games spoil? Not sure if I should skip this or not.

I doubt the trailer is going to spoil anything we don't already know about the game. More likely is going to expand with new footage some areas and or characters but I doubt they are going with anything that could be consider a major spoiler.

Ran rp

I doubt the trailer is going to spoil anything we don't already know about the game. More likely is going to expand with new footage some areas and or characters but I doubt they are going with anything that could be consider a major spoiler.

Hmm, okay. I played 1-3 just a few years ago so I missed most of those trailers. Hype!

i1SnHwwpi7ZPN.gif

Been waiting for V for a long time... Truly the last game of a bygone Konami.

AdanVC

I don't know guys but I'm 100% we all gonna be crying at the end of the trailer both because it is going to be incredibly awesome and because we're gonna remember all the good memories with Metal Gear through the years since this is gonna be the very last and authentic MGS trailer ever...

Spaghetti

prediction: the trailer will be set to an early 80s pop song

hope it isn't too spoilery. i want a nice trailer to cap off this incredible three years waiting for the game.

SoulUnison

Banned
Is Konami advertising the trailer as "Edited by Kojima" anywhere?

The hypocrisy of scrubbing his name off of everything then using his name to generate hype would be incredible.

Reebot

Kojima is a masterful visual director. Here's to hoping he can top his magnum opus of trailers, the Not your Kind of People masterpiece.

PSY・S;167448597 said:
Hmm, okay. I played 1-3 just a few years ago so I missed most of those trailers. Hype!

The last one for 3 showed every boss in the game. Including the Sorrow!

But I suppose he might save a spoil-everything trailer for Gamescom.

I'm incredibly excited, but also sad that this is probably the last Kojima-directed MGS trailer ever. :(

However I really hope he doesn't spoil much. Previous MG trailers are really guilty of getting more and more spoilery the closer they got to release date.

Griss

Looking forward to this. Don't think he'll spoil everything.

I really hope he sticks the ending of this game. I was already nervous about that, but seeing as this is the last one it's now a huge, huge deal that the series wraps up appropriately at the end of this game.

If they decide to bring the story right up to MG1 and the introduction of Solid Snake then that would be perfect, if they leave things unresolved (as if Kojima imagined he had another Big Boss game left) then I'll be super disappointed (though it won't be Kojima's fault, obviously.

The last Kojima edited MGS E3 trailer is upon us.

E3 will never be the same.

It's sad as hell, but it's time. He needs to move on, we need to move on. Do we really need MGS 6, 7 and 8? We don't, surely.

Excited to see what he does next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom