• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Tomb Raider - 15 min 'Siberian Wilderness' [1080p] Gameplay Demo

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Looks amaze balls. Exclusivity sucks though. Gonna play on PC with all bells and whistles next year. Oh yeah

Eggbok

Wtf Microsoft I'm so disappointed.
Why would you not show this over the shit we got during the conference!?

daninthemix

I skipped to 4 random places in the video. Each time, I landed on a non-interactive scene/event.

Sums it up, really.

Wtf Microsoft I'm so disappointed.
Why would you not show this over the shit we got during the conference!?

IKR. It seems like CD wanted to show this since they have the trailer after it like at the press conference but MS were like NO! We need actiony set piece.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Looks amaze balls. Exclusivity sucks though. Gonna play on PC with all bells and whistles. Oh yeah

I'm going to upgrade my PC next year when Nvidia releases the first Pascal DX12 cards. I'm looking forward to what Nixxes is going to do with the PC port of RotTR. I fully expect DX12 support. Those guys are wizards.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
I'm going to upgrade my PC next year when Nvidia releases the first Pascal DX12 cards. I'm looking forward to what Nixxes is going to do with the PC port of RotTR. I fully expect DX12 support. Those guys are wizards.
Yep, apart from Thief port, those guys have done great job. From sleeping dogs to TR to Deus Ex to hitman, all have been amazing ports graphically and performance wise.

Visceir

Looks a bit underwhelming. I'd also prefer more tomb raiding rather than what they have shown thus far (action set pieces and killing hordes of enemies)

Hoo-doo

Banned
There's going to be a PC version?
I thought this was only for the X1 and 360.

That exclusivity deal apparently only lasts through the holidays.

Anyway, I still feel like they are trying so damn hard to make this game into Uncharted.
Looks more engaging than the stuff shown at the presser though.

Servbot24

Banned
Looked good. This doesn't seem like E3 stage type content to me though, bit too slow. You'd have people complaining about it dragging on if they're not already TR fans.

Rupe

Neo Member
It looks very similar in tone to the beginning of the previous one. In my opinion that was probably the strongest segment of that game.
I never cared for the upgrades, but at least it seams they're making those systems a little bit more complex. Looks nice, now show some tombs please.

Btw, at the beginning of the video the snow movement under her feet looked a bit weird, just me?

DieH@rd

Banned
This gameplay section does not look much better than previous game [and much less visually appealing than U4], but I'm sure the game will be good.

I will play it eventually when it arrives on PC.

Kikorin

Fights still looks good like in the first game, really hope they done a lot more on exploration. Graphics is very good too, but nothing incredible to be honest.

golem

Looks a bit underwhelming. I'd also prefer more tomb raiding rather than what they have shown thus far (action set pieces and killing hordes of enemies)

Just to be clear, killing 5 enemies = hordes and a bear boss battle = action set piece?

Much better showcase than what they had on stage.
But still not what I wanted to see. I want to see something that clearly sets it apart from the previous installment. Show me bigger levels, show me anything new.
Visually this also doesn't look much improved. The only thing thats stunning is Laras model, especially face and hair. So fucking good.

Alienous

That was a shit demo.

It's comparable to the first Uncharted 4 demo in terms of showing the core gameplay loop and it doesn't begin to resemble anything interesting for me.

Hopefully the game comes together well. Maybe the tomb environments will provide better gameplay.

Have they said if it runs at 60 on Xbox One? The re-release on PS4 did, and it was lovely, but I seem to remember that not being the case with the Xbox version. Since then there has been SDK updates and such, just wondered if they're running at 60 now.

Top Bottom