• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia 3 Reveal Trailer (Hangar 13/Take-Two, 2016, PC/PS4/XB1)

PranooY

Mafia III Worldwide Reveal Trailer [Youtube]

Videos showing Gameplay:
Developer Interview with Gameplay (Mafia 3 Exposes The Dirty New Face of Organized Crime - Gamescom 2015) by IGN
5 Reasons Mafia 3 Is the Godfather of Open World Games by Playstation Access
How Mafia 3 Reinvents The Mob Mentality by Gamespot
Mafia 3: 7 Things That Shocked Us - Gamescom 2015 by GamesRadar

CLpLXvwWoAAU__I.jpg:large

Yeah thats Vito alright. Wish it hadn't jumped so far ahead. Would've like to play as Vito again to follow up Mafia 2. Hopefully its explained.

kiS2RJ.jpg
emQGEDf.gif

Looks very action-ey.

Lock, if old.

Evo X

Despite the mixed reactions to Mafia 2, I actually enjoyed it quite a bit.

Would love to see some gameplay of this. Nice change of pace for the setting compared to most games in the genre.

Mik2121

Uhm, what time setting is this? One thing I loved about the original Mafia was that it was set somewhere during the 1920's or so, if my memory doesn't fail me too bad. This one seems much more recent?
I guess after Vietnam War, so somewhere maybe in the late 70s?

UberLevi

Have you seen a different trailer or ingame footage?

No, but the setting and time period are different from what I'd expect from the gangster and mafia genre. I think it's safe to assume it'll play in a similar fashion to Mafia II, which I really enjoyed. So no reason to have any doubts currently.

Uhm, what time setting is this? One thing I loved about the original Mafia was that it was set somewhere during the 1920's or so, if my memory doesn't fail me too bad. This one seems much more recent?
I guess after Vietnam War, so somewhere maybe in the late 70s?

1968, it's in the description.

maxcriden

Man, what is the point of these CGI trailers. Blegh. I mean, it's a game. I wish all game reveals trailers had actual gameplay. /rant

CGI... thanks for nothing...

this should have been published when they announced the announcement, and today should have been a gameplay trailer.

Mashing

Man, love the choice of licensed music there. I also love a good revenge story. A group of four friends taking on the Mafia should be good fun.

Yesssss! This series has been a favorite of mine. Let's hope that they've learned from the mistakes that Mafia 2 made (even though it's still excellent). Hopefully it won't suffer from the same cut content issues.

Top Bottom