• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Season Pass: $30, "we dont know what the actual DLC will be yet"

Turkoop

Banned
http://bethesda.net/?utm_source=twi...ame/fallout-4-launch-and-beyond/2015/09/08/22

We've always done a lot of DLC for our games. We love making them and you always ask us for more. To reward our most loyal fans, this time we’ll be offering a Season Pass that will get you all of the Fallout 4 DLC we ever do for just $30. Since we’re still hard at work on the game, we don’t know what the actual DLC will be yet, but it will start coming early next year. Based on what we did for Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Skyrim, we know that it will be worth at least $40, and if we do more, you'll get it all with the Season Pass.

Warxard

Banned
Bethesda doesn't exactly have a good track record with DLC for their Oblivion/Fallout titles.

Operation Anchorage and Broken Steel were the only good Fallout 3 expansions and Skyrim's expansions were laughable, really.

If this were Obsidian (and god knows I wish it was) doing Fallout 4, I would force feed them my money. But, I'm going to wait on this and hope to see these DLC expansions to be...you know, good.

Polk

"Since we’re still hard at work on the game, we don’t know what the actual DLC will be yet"
amazing

Lothars

Bethesda doesn't exactly have a good track record with DLC for their Oblivion/Fallout titles.

Operation Anchorage and Broken Steel were the only good Fallout 3 expansions and Skyrim's expansions were laughable, really.
I think you are out to lunch, They do DLC better than almost any other developer.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Impossible to be even remotely annoyed by this. It was obviously coming. Hope the DLC is as good as Point Lookout or The Pitt.

Arkeband

Banned
Based on what we did with Skyrim...

Yeah, a house mod and one bad expansion and one serviceable expansion, altogether totaling $45. You guys sure outdid yourselves, and players totally didn't just wait for steam sales or the legendary edition for your buggy messes of content.

DrArchon

Nope. Not interested. I get that everyone's doing it but I'm not pre-ordering DLC.

I'll just end up getting it the old fashioned way, as long as it's as good as FO3/NV's DLC that is.

legacyzero

Banned
Jim sterling has felt a disturbance in the force...

That said, Fallout DLC is some of the best DLC I've played, so I'm not too angry. But yeah, asking people to buy in for stuff they've not even started working on is kinda bullshit

Pillville

Every company is doing it. It's the norm guys. I'm cool with it.

agree.
People looking to be upset. We know they are going to have expansions, so why is a season pass a bad thing?
Especially if they are promising it includes EVERY DLC THEY WILL MAKE. Assuming they keep that promise, that's a lot better than other Season Passes where you only get SOME of the expansions.

j-wood

Jesus christ. I cannot believe we as consumers have allowed this to happen or continue to support this bullshit.

It's bad because you are giving money away for you don't know even know what. No description. It doesn't matter if you are going to buy it anyways, at least if you buy it when it comes out you know what you are buying.

dugdug

Banned
Remember when Skyrim was the biggest game ever, and, they only made like, 2 real DLC pieces for the game?

Warxard

Banned
I think you are out to lunch, They do DLC better than almost any other developer.

What... they are like one of the good guys when it comes to DLC expansions.

I was referring to the actual quality of their expansions! I have no qualms with buying DLC, but the expansions for those games that I listed...weren't really worth the purcase. Especially in comparison to New Vegas (a game in which all of the DLC ranged from good to fantastic.)

Jesus christ. I cannot believe we as consumers have allowed this to happen or continue to support this bullshit.

What is inherently wrong with Season Passes?
Do you not think that developers have expansion/post-launch content always in pre-production? Do you not think they as a dev/publisher don't plan this out?
Do you believe that Fallout 4 as a base game will not be worth the purchase BECAUSE they announced this? Do you have any evidence supporting that Bethesda could possibly launch an 'unfinished' game? (But, then again, what defines an 'unfinished' game?)

Nere

If this were Obsidian (and god knows I wish it was) doing Fallout 4, I would force feed them my money. But, I'm going to wait on this and hope to see these DLC expansions to be...you know, good.

Eh..what? How exactly were Skyrim's expansions laughable can you please elaborate? I can understand that Hearthfire wasn't really that good but Dawnguard and especially Dragonborn were some of the best DLC in any game. And the only good Obsidian dlc was Old World Blues the rest were mediocre at best.

Fury451

Banned
Lmfaoooo season pass, it was only a matter of time before they hopped on it as well

This is a silly response. They've been offering season pass content (standard 4 extra expansions) since Fallout 3, just without the name. Plus the content has been worthwhile, so I don't see the problem.

I guess one can also wait for "game of the year" edition of the game.

As usual, since they've always done one.

:lol

"We don't know what we're making, but it's $30!"

This fucking industry.

They've taken feedback before (Broken Steel changing the ending), and come up with DLC after the fact (apparent especially with fallout 3), so not defining content prior to release isn't new either. And if the content is comparable to the pat, $30 is cheaper. The original packs were like $10-15 a piece.

Standard Bethesda practice; just with outrage now that they're selling it before launch and calling it a season pass.

JDSN

Banned
Congrats to the people rushing to pre order the day of the announcement, you made this posible.

Pillville

This fucking industry.

Wait. People complain when they are already working on DLC before the game is finished ("JUST INCLUDE IT IN THE GAME!!!"). Now we are complaining that they haven't started on the DLC yet?

I don't get it.

kamandi

This fucking industry.

Yes exactly. They should be ashamed of themselves. I cant recall another product other than dlcs of video games. "We dont know what we we are selling but it is 30 usd".

And the sad thing is they will probably sell it a lot.

GavinUK86

Yeah, that's fine. The previous Fallout DLC's were brilliant. I won't be buying the "season pass" though because they're stupid. I'll just buy them individually when I see what they are.

Unit24

Wait. People complain when they are already working on DLC before the game is finished ("JUST INCLUDE IT IN THE GAME!!!"). Now we are complaining that they haven't started on the DLC yet?

I don't get it.

People don't like being asked to pre-order a mystery box.

Arkeband

Banned
agree.
People looking to be upset. We know they are going to have expansions, so why is a season pass a bad thing?
Especially if they are promising it includes EVERY DLC THEY WILL MAKE. Assuming they keep that promise, that's a lot better than other Season Passes where you only get SOME of the expansions.

So this could be worth anything from $0 to around the cost they're charging for it.

Tell me again why this is a deal for the consumer?

Eh..what? How exactly were Skyrim's expansions laughable can you please elaborate? I can understand that Hearthfire wasn't really that good but Dawnguard and especially Dragonborn were some of the best DLC in any game.

How narrow must your experience be with DLC and expansion content in games? They were no horse armor, but even Morrowind had better expansions and it also had free add-ons!!!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

I don't get it.

I'm not "people"; I'm an individual. At least try using a real argument while defending stuff like this.

If you don't think paying for a product that not even those who will make it know what is isn't ridiculous, be my guest and continue supporting this crap. It'll come back and bite you in the ass sooner or later, though.

They've pretty much had the same post-release content plans since oblivion. It's not like you don't know what you're getting.

Otheradam

"Hey you guys! We don't know what or how many we are making, but its worth at least $40 and we're only charging you $30! Give us your money!".

j-wood

I don't get it.

You're right, you don't get it. We aren't complaining that they haven't started making DLC, that's totally great.

We are complaining because they are selling DLC which they haven't even started or THOUGHT about.

So this could be worth anything from $0 to around the cost they're charging for it.

Tell me again why this is a deal for the consumer?

because you dont have to buy it right away.

is it available post launch? wait to see what directions they are going with it.

pretty messed up in one way, but as long as its available after launch nbd, just wait on it.

Berrigal

Neo Member
I'm going to make everyone on this thread an absolutely bitchin sandwich! Just chuck me 30 bucks and i'll send one your way in about a year. Not quite sure what'll be on it, or if it'll be any good, but 30 bucks sounds good.

Warxard

Banned
Eh..what? How exactly were Skyrim's expansions laughable can you please elaborate? I can understand that Hearthfire wasn't really that good but Dawnguard and especially Dragonborn were some of the best DLC in any game. And the only good Obsidian dlc was Old World Blues the rest were mediocre at best.

Dawnguard's Volkhiar/Dawnguard mainline quest was boring regardless of what faction you joined. The new areas didn't really stand out to me.

I think Dragonborn is decent at best.

I'm not "people"; I'm an individual. At least try using a real argument while defending stuff like this.

If you don't think paying for a product that not even those who will make it know what is isn't ridiculous, be my guest and continue supporting this crap. It'll come back and bite you in the ass sooner or later, though.

"Shame on you for not using your money in a way /I/ use my money."

Has there ever been evidence shown that Bethesda, or any developer for that matter made a Season Pass for a game without knowing what will be in the content pack beforehand? You don't think the 'we don't know what it'll be' comment is just (poorly worded) PR fodder to prevent spoiling the stories/details of content that's likely in pre-production?

Bolivar687

Banned
More than likely, $30 will be a great deal for whatever Bethesda puts out but obviously it's more comforting to consumers when you actually have a clear content plan. Can't imagine someone actually went ahead and wrote that in the press release.

Top Bottom