• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ape Escape 2, Dark Cloud 2, and Twisted Metal: Black rated for PS4 in Europe

mankoto

The Pan European Game Information Board has rated Ape Escape 2, Dark Cloud 2 (Dark Chronicle), and Twisted Metal: Black for PlayStation 4.

Twisted Metal: Black is already available as a PS2 Classic for PlayStation 3 in Europe. It was released in September 2012.

This would appear to be Sony bringing its selection of PS2 Classics from PlayStation 3 to PlayStation 4. If anything, we might find out for sure tomorrow, as Sony is holding its SCEJA Press Conference 2015 in Japan.

Thanks, Gematsu

Toki767

I'm curious if these will be PS2 emulation like the PS3 or if it'll have enhanced features like Share support, generic trophies (using that patent Sony filed before), etc...

Trago

Holy fuck PS classics on PS4 would get me to buy the console. Fucking bring it Sony!

PS1 games too.

Gaspard

Hnnnnnnnnnnng I already own DC2 and a BC PS3 but playing the game without jet engine console noises would be so worth it.

LewieP

In addition to those three PS2 Star Wars games also getting a PS4 release, this could be excellent news.

I sure hope if they are doing PS2 classics on PS4, they are just going to bring the entire selection over from PS2, rather than doing a drip feed of games. I also hope they aren't going to expect people to pay for games they already bought again.

Hopefully PS1 classics would come over, too.

Trago

This is making me hope that the rumor about the PS4 being able to run PS2 game emulation in HD is true.

the chris

Possible PS1 and PS2 classics for the PS4?
m6a9L.gif

Shauni

Dark Cloud 2 before the original? How odd. Dark Cloud 2 is a great game though so I'm not complaining.

I may be dismembering, but are they actually connected much by plot? I didn't think they were. I don't even really recall the first game having much plot, though admittedly this was a long time ago since I played either of them.

The lack of PS1 and PS2 classics on PS4 has been a huge omission until now. I hope this means some are finally coming.

I also remember a while ago a Sony patent revealed a way to put trophy support into games that didn't previously have it. It would be nice to see that finally show up too.

Deft Beck

I sure hope if they are doing PS2 classics on PS4, they are just going to bring the entire selection over from PS2, rather than doing a drip feed of games. I also hope they aren't going to expect people to pay for games they already bought again.

Hopefully PS1 classics would come over, too.

Doing anything else would break the cross-console compatibility that most other classic games have on the recent Playstation line.

Kinsei

Banned
I may be dismembering, but are they actually connected much by plot? I didn't think they were. I don't even really recall the first game having much plot, though admittedly this was a long time ago since I played either of them.

I don't think they were, but it's been a long time since I've played them too.

Mordeccai

Oh fuck, this news is coming on the tail end of my wrapping up Dark Cloud 1 on PCSX2. I was about to jump right into DC2, but if it will eventually be coming to my PS4.... *rubs hands greedily*

I would lose my shit if they are adding trophy support for classic games. Wasn't that rumored to be happening around PS4 launch? I'm almost positive it was

Dark Chronicle's mostly disconnected from Dark Cloud, but characters like the Dark Genie reappear, along with Atlamilla + items and (IIRC) some weapons. Both games are definitely similar at the mechanical/structural level, with Georama, customizing weapons, &c.

Very excited to see it get rated, though I could say much more for Steambot Chronicles getting a treatment.

PS1 and PS2 classics on PS4 would be some absolutely great news.
I've kind of stopped buying PS2 classics because I don't know how long I'm going to keep my PS3 hooked to my TV. This would renew my interest.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
So...Twisted Metal Black Online?

Also, why Dark Chronicle, but not Dark Cloud? Strikes me as odd (hopefully a physical collection would be in order for that one).

And on a final note, I wonder if it'll have the cutscenes from the US version. Considering that the Classic on PS3 didn't have them, I would doubt it.

LewieP

Doing anything else would break the cross-console compatibility that most other classic games have on the recent Playstation line.
I'm wondering if they think adding Trophies and increasing the resolution is enough to justify treating these as entirely new releases (it's not).

Top Bottom