• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ape Escape 2, Dark Cloud 2, and Twisted Metal: Black rated for PS4 in Europe

Trago

I'm wondering if they think adding Trophies and increasing the resolution is enough to justify treating these as entirely new releases (it's not).

Aw man, now that I think about it, I could see them pulling that. Luckily I haven't bought a ton of PS classics on PSN, but I hope they don't fuck this up.

Pennywise

Aw man, now that I think about it, I could see them pulling that. Luckily I haven't bought a ton of PS classics on PSN, but I hope they don't fuck this up.

The PS2 library wasn't that big, and I doubt they would pull it off on PSX classics.

Oneself

It will never happen but... If it's emulated @ 1080p / 60fps, I'm going to buy every single one of them PS2 games.

LewieP

Would they need to get titles looked at by ratings boards if it were just adding PS4 compatibility to titles they had previously released? I don't think PS1 Classics were certified again when they came to Vita, for example.

Trago

Would they need to get titles looked at by ratings boards if it were just adding PS4 compatibility to titles they had previously released? I don't think PS1 Classics were certified again when they came to Vita, for example.

We'll find out soon enough.

Really excited for the news to be official.

Holy shit please get rid of PS Now. It's just total garbage that nobody wants.

I think PS Now is largely for casual gamers who're buying products that have it built into them (like TV's). So, I doubt Sony ever seriously intended it to be a replacement for having individual games downloaded or in disc form.

Do it, Sony

FUCKING DO IT

And while you're at it figure out the licensing for a bunch of PS1 Classics so they're not stuck on PSP/PS3 forever

I mean, on one hand, I'm kinda mad it took this goddamn long for them to add something as basic as old playstation games on the PS4. But on the other, that is an excellent lineup of games. Can't believe it took this long for any of the Ape Escape games (besides that one weird PS Move game) to be downloadable already.

jholmes

I may be dismembering, but are they actually connected much by plot? I didn't think they were. I don't even really recall the first game having much plot, though admittedly this was a long time ago since I played either of them.

Umm, really?

Anyway I believe this when I see it. Probably more $50 remakes!

I mean, on one hand, I'm kinda mad it took this goddamn long for them to add something as basic as old playstation games on the PS4. But on the other, that is an excellent lineup of games. Can't believe it took this long for any of the Ape Escape games (besides that one weird PS Move game) to be downloadable already.

If the rumor was true I understand why it took so long. The rumor was these will have trophy support and run in native 1080p

Eblo

Ape Escape 2 is an oddball choice from the trilogy but still a great game nonetheless. I will take it.

zulux21

Literally 24 hours

ah, so something I will have to see and read before I go to work tuesday, good to know so I don't stay up for news ^^

hopefully there is a lot of news. I really hope I don't have to buy the ps2 classics I already own over.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'd really like to see Twisted Metal 2012 or a new Twisted Metal on PS4, but I sure as hell won't say no to Black!

That game is

jeans-out-of-dryer-tuco-tight-tight-tight-breaking-bad.gif

Dark Cloud 2 with HD enhancements, 1080p native resolution, trophies along with streaming and screenshotting still working? Fuck me that would be DREAM LEVEL AWESOME

God please

Tsunamo

I'd be pretty happy if they rendered in HD, even if there wasn't trophy support or any other extras.

Regardless though i'm just happy to see Ape Escape finally get something again, i've been waiting for a re-release of 2 and 3 for so so long.

Pennywise

Why no Dark Cloud 1? Is that tied to any legal issues?

We don't know any details yet, so let's wait for tomorrow.
Could be anything.

Just a few selected classics, or a bigger library...
With or without trophy support, and with or without a proper emulator.

The PS2 Star Wars games that come with the Battlefront PS4 bundle have "enhanced graphics" and trophy support. I don't know that all PS2 Classics will get that, but at least some will from the sounds of it.

That is a DAMN good point.

Dude if that rumor from back then was true......mother of god

Top Bottom