• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Konami has shut down their LA studio (ex KojiPro LA), ~35 jobs gone

dmr87

Confirmed
http://www.polygon.com/2015/11/3/9667230/konami-kojima-productions-los-angeles-studio-closed

Konami said:
Metal Gear Online is still scheduled to release for PC Steam in January 2016.

--

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...s-la-studio-responsible-for-metal-gear-online

Heard anything GAF?

4j9b.png

https://twitter.com/georgeb3dr/status/661368668882796544

--

Ej9b.png

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I've seen some tweets mentioning it but nothing concrete. Wouldn't surprise me though because Konami.

system11

Oh well, time for more Jimquisition updates.

They're carryong on in such a bizarrely destructive fashion, the management need to go.

RK128

This is expected after hearing all year how they are scorching the earth of EVERYTHING gaming related by them :l.

Hope the developers who lost their jobs find new homes at other studios; it sucks losing your job and I hope it gets better for them :(.

I guess the studio wasn't massive, considering 35 people got fired instead of the whole studio (which I think is 90+ workers). Guess they will be part of the next round of lay-offs in the coming months or be migrated into Konami's mobile divisions (if they decide to stay there).

CHC

If I could get my momey back on MGSV I would at this point. In addition to being a major let down, I feel gross every time I think that I paid this company any money.

It's not like it would have made any difference if the game had done better, so it just feels shitty to know that they got me.

KingJ2002

not surprised... consolidation was necessary. Nice studio too... probably will end up apart of Google's new Playa Vista complex.

Boke1879

People losing their jobs is bad but 'right before Christmas' on November 2nd is reaching a bit too far for the heartstrings

They probably should have said right before the Holidays. Which would make more sense I guess. Still it would suck losing your job at this time of year. Right before the holidays.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oh Konami. How many ways have you fucked over your brand?
"Do you remember every bullet you fired in Contra?"

Kyzer

Banned
Honestly its always been kind of weird to me that a company like Konami even had something as great as MGS, and am extremely saddened every time I'm reminded that they didn't care to keep it up.

It's like the douche guy who randomly gets the most amazing girl and then dumps her cuz he doesn't realize what a pos he himself is. And now we hope he never gets anything like that again cuz they don't even deserve it, and die a horrible death and we will never buy his stupid games again. You know?

Gator86

Absolutely inevitable. As many people have already said, Konami is burning everything to the ground. You don't need a game development studio when you don't make games. Hope the people involved find new positions soon.

Ridley327

Honestly its always been kind of weird to me that a company like Konami even had something as great as MGS, and am extremely saddened every time I'm reminded that they didn't care to keep it up.

Hudson Soft fans: Welcome to five years ago, MGS fans.

@MUWANdo

Banned

whaaaaaaa? Konami was an OG with tons of top-tier franchises before and after MG.

Averon

It does suck to lose your job, especially at this time of year. But I have to think that the people in that studio had some idea something like this was inevitable given Konami's recent actions and direction. Hopefully they were prepared and started sending out their CVs months ago.

Top Bottom