• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 30th Anniversary Project Presentation set for January 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
DQ-30th-Ann-Presentation-Ann.jpg

Square Enix will host a Dragon Quest 30th Anniversary Project Presentation on January 13, the company announced. It will be live streamed on Niconico.

The presentation will deliver the latest information on titles due out in Dragon Quest‘s 30th anniversary year of 2016, and feature series creator Yuji Horii and 30th anniversary project supervising producer Ryutaro Ichimura.
http://gematsu.com/2015/12/dragon-quest-30th-anniversary-project-presentation-set-january-13
http://www.dragonquest.jp/30th/

Tizoc

Please announce an artbook that features Toriyama's art for the series. I'd import the shit out of that.

EGOMON

Damn this series been around 10 years before even the PSOne
I have been a gamer whole my life (27 years old) and DQ Heroes is my first DQ game o_O

Eolz

Wonder what they'll show for DQXI this time (both versions).
Far from being the last presentation for this game obviously.

Edit:
Dragon Quest VIII HD! I need this.

I thought we were done with this... Get the 3DS version next summer or wait for it to be on PS4 BC.

You should seriously rectify that, VIII was the best JRPG released on PS2.

^ Muh man.

I want to see more DQXI, obviously, but I'd REALLY like an announcement of some kind of re-release solution for the older games on consoles and/or PC.

MLH

I'm not sure if we'll see any new game announcements, it seems like they were all announced during the last big presentation; we got Heroes 2, Builders, Monsters Joker 3 and of course DQXI.
I'm expecting lots of franchise deals - toys, music, food etc. As well as updates to all their announced projects.
The 25th anniversary did get I.II.III release on Wii, so perhaps another re-release or remake is due.

Eolz

I'm not sure if we'll see any new game announcements, it seems like they were all announced during the last big presentation; we got Heroes 2, Builders, Monsters Joker 3 and of course DQXI.
I'm expecting lots of franchise deals - toys, music, food etc. As well as updates to all their announced projects.
The 25th anniversary did get I.II.III release on Wii, so perhaps another re-release or remake is due.

Yeah it seems pretty clear it's only about detailing the announced games and anything linked to the anniversary.

So, will SQEX brief Horii not to talk about unannounced systems this time? That slip during the DQ XI announcement stirred up a small chaos.

It would be nice if some of the things planned (sans games) for the 30th anniversary would come westwards, too. Although a confirmation of a western release for both DQ XI PS4 and 3DS would be more than sufficient.

gtj1092

Wonder what they'll show for DQXI this time (both versions).
Far from being the last presentation for this game obviously.

Edit:

I thought we were done with this... Get the 3DS version next summer or wait for it to be on PS4 BC.

Thought you were all for speculation on where games will go. There's always chance for another version.

I'd like it if they did a I/II/III collection for the 3DS. That would seem like a fitting celebration of the anniversary (in addition to XI of course).

Boogdud

So is the 30 year anniversary in Japan years? Or is it in US Squenix release years, which are like dog years. Every 1 year for DQ releases in Japan = 3.25 years in US Squenix years...

Bolivar687

Banned
Dragon Quest I-III Collection, worlwide release Winter 2016

Dragon Quest V PS2 Remastered (V has come to), worldwide release Spring 2015

Dragon Quest VIII HD, worldwide release Summer 2016

Dragon Quest XI, worldwide release Fall 2016.

Eolz

worldwide release
Good joke.
I can see us waiting a year for DQXI. Only thing that could push S-E to go faster is the fact the 3DS will die soon. Unless there's BC on the next handheld.

Edit:
Maybe it won't be unannounced at that point.;)
I was thinking about that at first, but isn't their investor meeting at the end of January? They could have been authorized to confirm a version this time though.

Edit 2: thinking about it, while they wouldn't talk about WW DQXI in this event, they could say DQX is going global, since this is a different kind of game and would have an impact on the JP version.

Oregano

So, will SQEX brief Horii not to talk about unannounced systems this time? That slip during the DQ XI announcement stirred up a small chaos.

It would be nice if some of the things planned (sans games) for the 30th anniversary would come westwards, too. Although a confirmation of a western release for both DQ XI PS4 and 3DS would be more than sufficient.

Maybe it won't be unannounced at that point.;)

Raw64life

Dragon Quest I-III Collection, worlwide release Winter 2016

Dragon Quest V PS2 Remastered (V has come to), worldwide release Spring 2015

Dragon Quest VIII HD, worldwide release Summer 2016

Dragon Quest XI, worldwide release Fall 2016.

Thanks for the laugh.

NotSelf

I remember the first time reading about DQ in nintendo power I thought it was so cool that people would line up to buy a game.

jMYXe8W.jpg

KingBroly

Banned
I wonder if they'll have another NX slip. Someone will probably ask about it if they don't.

And considering they announced like...5 DQ games at the last event, I doubt we're getting any more for a while.

zeox

Came here to say this. But with the 3DS version coming out, I doubt this would be happening. I would even take the PS2 version with Trophy support on PS4.

hell yeah! DQVIII probably runs on some version of the engine they use in Rogue Galaxy, so it shouldn't be too much extra work to make it run well

Chase17

Looking forward to it! Excited to play DQ7 and DQ8 on 3DS next year. Also pumped for any new screens/trailer of DQ11.

Oregano

Good joke.
I can see us waiting a year for DQXI. Only thing that could push S-E to go faster is the fact the 3DS will die soon. Unless there's BC on the next handheld.

Edit:

I was thinking about that at first, but isn't their investor meeting at the end of January? They could have been authorized to confirm a version this time though.

Edit 2: thinking about it, while they wouldn't talk about WW DQXI in this event, they could say DQX is going global, since this is a different kind of game and would have an impact on the JP version.

Well the N3DS was announced in a Nintendo Direct on January 14th. Just saying.

I honestly think they'll announce more remakes, but let's see :)

A remake of what for what? I guess they could remake DQ IX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom