• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 30th Anniversary Project Presentation set for January 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I want a trailer for the PS4 version so bad. I was absolutely blown away by the art style, especially the bit outside the city.

Same here.

Dragon Quest and I don't have much shared history, but XI is still one of my most anticipated games. I love the sense of grand adventure I got out of DQV and what I played of DQVIII, and if DQXI can recapture that with the power of the PS4, then I am so on board.

Same here.

Dragon Quest and I don't have much shared history, but XI is still one of my most anticipated games. I love the sense of grand adventure I got out of DQV and what I played of DQVIII, and if DQXI can recapture that with the power of the PS4, then I am so on board.

Dragon Quest and I have exactly 0 history, but with all the real time action rpg bs we have been getting the last few years I am looking forward to something more akin to classic JRPGs.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Oh yeah. The old-school allure of ye olde Dragon Quest has never felt more refreshing than now, here at the start of its thirtieth anniversary. It's kind of crazy, but it's true.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
So I don't really like Musou games but I've been playing DQH and catching feels all over the place.

Looking forward to the stream!

Btw, has it been confirmed there will be some new game announced? The anniversary project might well be a collection of old-titles à la DQ Collection for Wii released for the 25th anniversary.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Btw, has it been confirmed there will be some new game announced? The anniversary project might well be a collection of old-titles à la DQ Collection for Wii released for the 25th anniversary.
To my understanding "Anniversary Project" in this case is less a singular game and more a term used to refer to all the Dragon Quest games coming out this year.

To my understanding "Anniversary Project" in this case is less a singular game and more a term used to refer to all the Dragon Quest games coming out this year.

Aye, it'll likely be like the last event. A mix of new game, franchise announcements + updates on already announced titles.

Maybe if we're lucky, SE will announced multiplayer for Builders

lol

LordofPwn

i'm excited for more DQXI news, would be very happy to have them announce previous DQ games coming to PS4/Vita in some capacity.

I've only played VIII on the PS2, and i've heard good things about the others. wouldn't be surprised if they speak only for japan, with a possible blog post on playstation talking about western releases.

one can hope and dream right?

Thats what I'm saying. It is animated. The animators are the ones fucking up. Toriyama can draw his ass off.

This.

Toei is cheap as all hell when it comes to popular series. Just look at one piece. They know people will show up regardless so they just don't give them a decent budget.

I fully expect news about DQXI, Heroes 2 and Joker 3. Hopefully a little word for us foreigners about when we can maybe expect to see any of this stuff outside Japan (wouldn't be surprised if Sony wants to push DQXI as another good game for its now-leading console) but I don't have my hopes up, what with us being lucky to even get VII-RE.

JPon87

Neo Member
I NEED Dragon Quest Builders in English! I will import it either way and give it a shot, but if an English version is coming out this year, I will wait! Is anyone else as excited as me about this title in particular?

I NEED Dragon Quest Builders in English! I will import it either way and give it a shot, but if an English version is coming out this year, I will wait! Is anyone else as excited as me about this title in particular?
I am, for sure. I have watched so many hours of whatever (I think NicoNico?) streams of this that are on YouTube and my understanding of Japanese is around 1 in 10,000 words if they are spoken slowly and clearly, but the gameplay footage is is just that mesmerizing.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I wonder if they will casually namedrop the NX again even tho no one knows what the fuck it is.

no chance.
btw, I hope Nintendo will reveal the console soon. I can't stand all the "NX port!" speculations any more XD

(I'm not attacking you, please...understand!!! :p )

DKHF

I don't think they'll mention it this time but they knew what they were doing.
Didn't they back track after the event? What benefit was there to saying they were considering it for NX before the platform was announced properly?

NoKisum

All I want is confirmation that XI is coming west. They don't have to give a date or anything, just say it's happening.

no chance.
btw, I hope Nintendo will reveal the console soon. I can't stand all the "NX port!" speculations any more XD

(I'm not attacking you, please...understand!!! :p )

Funny you say this here when the only confirmed porting on NX are indeed DQX and DQXI.

Oregano

Didn't they back track after the event? What benefit was there to saying they were considering it for NX before the platform was announced properly?

It was backtracked in the same way they pleaded ignorant when Horii announced DQVII, DQVIII for the west.

The benefit is that it got a lot of attention from it, it helps outline their future plans and Nintendo might have nudged them because it created excitement for NX.

DKHF

It was backtracked in the same way they pleaded ignorant when Horii announced DQVII, DQVIII for the west.

The benefit is that it got a lot of attention from it, it helps outline their future plans and Nintendo might have nudged them because it created excitement for NX.
Those are plausible reasons and I think it was Saito who said it (the producer) who would know not to make an announcement accidentally/for no reason.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Funny you say this here when the only confirmed porting on NX are indeed DQX and DQXI.

Confirmed is a big word :p
And we dont even know which versions of those games will be considered by SE to be eventually porte

More importante I will enjoy and focus on what they will show without speculation too much on possible games on unspecified platforms :p

Confirmed is a big word :p
And we dont even know which versions of those games will be considered by SE to be eventually porte

More importante I will enjoy and focus on what they will show without speculation too much on possible games on unspecified platforms :p

NX versions announced during DQ conference back in July. It doesn't matter which version they were talking about - it's not speculation, at least not in this case.

salromano

Since no one posted it here, here's the YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jpLd7nvXi8

5S5lQvC.jpg

Hex

Banned
Probably not the right place but Dragon Quest Heroes is $39.99 PS4 on Amazon right now if anyone has not picked it up yet.
LINK

Maniel

Banned
Can't wait for some news about DQXI. Also, I know we won't hear about it at this event, but I hope that we get news about Joker 3 coming to the west at some point this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom