• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 30th Anniversary Project Presentation set for January 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I would like a:

- Steam announcement for Dragon Quest: Builders
- Info and screens of Dragon Quest XI
- Dragon Quest IX port for either 3DS or iOS

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I would like a:

- Steam announcement for Dragon Quest: Builders
- Info and screens of Dragon Quest XI
- Dragon Quest IX port for either 3DS or iOS

Why would they announced DQB for a system Japan doesn't really care about... On a Japanese stream?

This is more likely the 2nd point and details on DQH2.

Pachimari

Why would they announced DQB for a system Japan doesn't really care about... On a Japanese stream?

This is more likely the 2nd point and details on DQH2.
Japan do care more and more about Steam though. You seem to be out of the loop. But you're right it doesn't seem to fit a Japanese stream. And I won't be surprised if this stream will cover both Heroes 2 and Joker 3.

Arzehn

Steam announcement for Dragon Quest: Builders

This is a presentation for the Japanese audience, Steam is pretty much a non-thing over there.

Hoping we get:
XI information/gameplay
Heroes 2 information/gameplay
Builder's multiplayer patch planned for the future
DQ3/5 remake

Reality tells me it's only the first 2 though.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Japan do care more and more about Steam though. You seem to be out of the loop. But you're right it doesn't seem to fit a Japanese stream. And I won't be surprised if this stream will cover both Heroes 2 and Joker 3.

If you mean Japanese publishers caring about Steam, then that's definitely true because their games are expanding well towards the WW market with this approach.

But if you mean Japanese people caring about Steam, then that's a bit unbelievable.

If Dragon Quest Builders is coming to Steam, you're not getting an announcement here lol. Wait for the localisation announcement.

DKHF

Nice. Someone should make a countdown thing.
t1452661200z0.png

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Oh man, the timing is poor for me. I'm going to be passed the fuck out. Damn.

Here's hoping I awaken to blissful news.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
All I want is DQXI stuff. I wanted DQVIII PS4, but that got shot down by DQVIII 3DS. And I wanted DQVII 3DS, and... it looks like I'm getting it (and need to buy a 3DS now).

DKHF

All I want are trailers for DQXI and DQH2 and I'll be completely fine. Further gameplay breakdowns for either would be great as well.

All I want is DQXI stuff. I wanted DQVIII PS4, but that got shot down by DQVIII 3DS. And I wanted DQVII 3DS, and... it looks like I'm getting it (and need to buy a 3DS now).
The producers of DQ Builders and DQ Monsters: Joker 3 will be at the event so a large portion of it will most likely be dedicated to them. But Horii and the series executive producer will be there as well so DQXI could be shown (I would guess a trailer).

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
The producers of DQ Builders and DQ Monsters: Joker 3 will be at the event so a large portion of it will most likely be dedicated to them. But Horii and the series executive producer will be there as well so DQXI could be shown (I would guess a trailer).

Cool, thanks for pointing that out to me.

I'm not interested in those titles, but I hope those that are enjoy the presentation.

Eolz

There won't be anything for the west, it's a japanese stream.
Biggest you could expect for the west would be a DQX localization announcement since it'd have an impact on the JP version, but I sadly doubt it.

Edit: DQ8HD won't happen, especially since there's been a 3DS remake last year (this year in the west).

clem84

Gold Member
Would be nice to see some new DQXI stuff but we all know it's coming so whatever.

I really hope they have something special planned for the 30th anniversary, like some kind of DQ collection, or some kind of collector's set with an art book and other stuff like that. Something special, not just games hopefully.

Begaria

Ohh soooo close. I turn 31 tomorrow. Would've been cool to be turning 30 and having more Dragon Quest news on the same birthdate.

Eolz

Are they all on the 3DS?

VII/VIII will be this year in the west, X is in japan.
IX is a DS exclusive, IV/V/VI have been localized and are DS games.
I/II/III can be emulated.
So all can be played on a single platform.
And XI is obviously coming to 3DS on top of the PS4/NX version.

Pachimari

If I complete Dragon Quest IV on iPhone during my holiday, I'll strongly considering getting V, VI and IX for DS. Wasn't IX generally received very well when it came out on the DS?

5 hours left till the stream begins!

Chase17

I've only played V but I loved it. Am looking forward to playing VII and VIII later this year. Maybe I'll even get through IV and VI on mobile before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom