• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division's DLC has 30-day timed exclusivity on Xbox One.

Yushi

Meh not bad.

I aint like Destiny where they get full exclusive on content.

Unless i missed something

dugdug

Banned
I feel like we knew this already, but, seems like a decent get for them. Still not sure which platform I want it on, and, this might be the clincher.

I feel like we knew this already, but, seems like a decent get for them. Still not sure which platform I want it on, and, this might be the clincher.

Same here. I have a PC, XB1, and PS4 and no idea what to get it for. I'd love to go PC, but I just can't trust that the cheating issues will be fixed or that people won't come up with new ways to cheat.

dugdug

Banned
Same here. I have a PC, XB1, and PS4 and no idea what to get it for. I'd love to go PC, but I just can't trust that the cheating issues will be fixed or that people won't come up with new ways to cheat.

Same boat. PC will probably look the best, but, yeah, the cheating will be annoying. Ubisoft seem to have been a little bit better with PS4 version performance. XB1 will have this DLC, but, it didn't look too great when I played it on there. Gahhhh

x-Lundz-x

I'm getting this on both consoles (two different groups of friends to play with) but this pisses me off. I wish this crap would stop on both sides.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I guess that means I am buying this on XBONE!

Pftttttttttttt who am i kidding!? Who would want it on xbone!! (other than if that's your only option or all your fwends have xbones!)

803929ecb9179dd8ac2864079d9224a6.jpg

Buying rights to have DLC first! Wonder if it will be a successful move!

Lister

Banned

Same boat. PC will probably look the best, but, yeah, the cheating will be annoying. Ubisoft seem to have been a little bit better with PS4 version performance. XB1 will have this DLC, but, it didn't look too great when I played it on there. Gahhhh

The cheating apparently wans't as rampant as people said. If the infrastructure really is as ridiculous as fully trusting the client, then consoles aren't safe either. All you need is a PC in the network to change the output of the console.

Pftttttttttttt who am i kidding!? Who would want it on xbone!! (other than if that's your only option)

Yup. Still buying on PS4. lol my poor XBONE.

Portugeezer

Not that bad for Ubisoft, their games do well even on the smaller install base of XB1.

"...30 days before Sony"

So is PC getting it at the same time?

Jokes on them, play on a Sony Vaio /s

But no, I am pretty sure GameStop just ignores PC, so they probably mean PS4/PC.

Kayant

"...30 days before Sony"

So is PC getting it at the same time?

More than likely the same being 30 days also. Given the nature of the video and the fact he works for Gamestop I would bet it's just the way he sees things given he deals mainly with consoles.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member

Pftttttttttttt who am i kidding!? Who would want it on xbone!! (other than if that's your only option)

Hmm... I own PS4 and XB1 and I'm buying on XB1 (it's my primary console because my friends play it), so there you go.

rob305

I wouldve still bought it for the Xbox if DLC came out on PS4 first. Its an online game. Good luck playing this during all the PSN outages

Percy

Banned
That's not too bad. These kinds of deals don't seem quite so bad after Sony/Activision's Destiny deal.

It's kind of funny to see any kind of positive spin for stuff like this after some of the threads after Black Ops 3 and Destiny PS4 DLC exclusivity was announced.

I wouldve still bought it for the Xbox if DLC came out on PS4 first. Its an online game. Good luck playing this during all the PSN outages

Or the seemingly equally frequent XBL issues (as far as I've seen).

30 day exclusive >>>>>>>>>>>>> yearly exclusive shit like destiny

especially when it's content that helps fill the main game up with things to do.

People do care, it'll make some differences but it will also help associate the brand more with Xbox over other platforms.

I'm glad Microsoft has a big games DLC deal as they pretty much didn't bother with so many others, and gave up a few they had!

Kyoufu

I dunno. I mean, Destiny does shitty exclusivity stuff with items and maps but actual DLC expansions have never been timed exclusive on one platform.

Kinda silly to withhold actual content which drives the player base in what will no doubt become a content-starved game.

I'm not saying Destiny handles it better, instead I think both are shitty.

WadeitOut

I own all consoles and I want it on Xbox One.

Did you ask the opposite question in all of the Black Ops 3 threads? Why are people here pretending like they are just now hearing for the first time how marketing contracts for games usually work?

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
It's kind of funny to see any kind of positive spin for stuff like this after some of the threads after Black Ops 3 and Destiny PS4 DLC exclusivity was announced.

It's not really positive spin. It's just nicer than what could have happened. Acitivision/Sony keeping back content for Destiny from an already content-starved game to a large portion of the player base was really bad and didn't really backfire in the end. I'm glad Ubisoft/Microsoft didn't go this route. Also, Black Ops 3 outcry didn't seem all that loud. It was just the XB1 owners feeling slighted after being used to the other way around.

EGM1966

I expect minimal actual results from this. It's a fairly annoying practise whoever does it but in reality majority will go with platform choice they've already made. At this point in year this isn't going to swing many votes.

I prefer true competition via differentiation not trying to hold other guy back but 30 days? Whatever. Majority will be oblivious.

moai

I think the gif and the post above was sarcasm.
On topic, this kind of deals suck for everyone.

finalflame

Gold Member
I'm playing on PS4 but considered XBO for a while. At the end of the day, I prefer the lack of dynamic resolution on PS4 and more of the friends I want to play with are on the platform.

I'm totally ok with XBO getting timed exclusive stuff. Xbox gets far less multiplat deals this gen so far and this will be at least some incentive for people to get it on that platform. Unfortunately in my case, it's not enough to sway me.

sam777

It is not my only option but I am getting it on the Xbox because you can get the Gold edition of the game quite cheap plus my mates are also getting it on the Xbox.

No biggy to me. Getting on PS4, and 30 days is nothing.

Destiny for PS4 versus XB1 is night and day. So I'm content with waiting a month to play the same stuff.

Nokterian

I am still buying it on PC anyway.

ElRenoRaven

*shakes head*

I'll say what I do every time. I don't like it when either company pulls this crap be it Sony or Microsoft. Hell if Nintendo did this shit I'd hate it too. Just give people on both platforms the same stuff at the same time.

Gator86

Yup. Still buying on PS4. lol my poor XBONE.

Basically. All my friends have PS4s and I don't know a single person with a XBone besides me. Nothing is a shittier bargain for gamers than a company paying to delay content for another group for 30 days. It's not early access for XBone owners, it's just a paid delay on PS4. Definitely one of the dumber trends in gaming to become widespread last gen.

WadeitOut

The best thing about this has to be getting to see the hypocritical passive aggressive fanboys come out of the woodwork. And we all know it.

taco543

I was expecting it, but didn't really think much of it. Now that it's announced, still don't think much of it. But I know one person in particular who will throw a shit storm.

Top Bottom