• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division's DLC has 30-day timed exclusivity on Xbox One.

cakely

As opposed to Sony paying Activision for COD DLC because Black Ops 3 wouldn't get developed if they hadn't...?

I'm sorry, I think you responded to the wrong person. I didn't make that claim and in fact I didn't mention Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 at all.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
So shouldn't they do the opposite in order to bolster PS4 version sales? I have never met anybody who has bought a specific game on a particular platform just because that game or DLC is timed exclusive on that particular platform.

People still bought Destiny on XB1 despite the 1 year DLC deal on the PS4 version and since it bombed people obviously didn't go out of their way to buy Tomb Raider on XB1 just because it was a timed exclusive on XB1.

In my opinion people will buy a game on their preferred platform of choice regardless of these time exclusivity deals.

Chobel

That isn't bait. Referencing console sales over and over means nothing if it doesn't directly reflect actual game sale ratios between platforms. Ubisoft is selling software not hardware.

I was half joking (I used the same gif he posted), but while attach ratio is on XBO favor PS4 still moves more software. Ubisoft is selling software not attach ratios :p

GlamFM

Banned
I have a PS4 and a XBOX ONE.

Getting this game on PS4.

That´s how efficient these deals are.

Either way - not a big deal.

I guess that means I am buying this on XBONE!

Pftttttttttttt who am i kidding!? Who would want it on xbone!! (other than if that's your only option)

803929ecb9179dd8ac2864079d9224a6.jpg

Buying rights to have DLC first! Wonder if it will be a successful move!

What a fanboyish comment. I have both the Xbox One and PS4 and i'm buying this for Xbox One. Reasons ? Friends mostly, controller and now the 30 days earlier DLC.

WadeitOut

I was half joking (I used the same gif he posted), but while attach ratio is on XBO favor PS4 still moves more software. Ubisoft is selling software not attach ratios :p

But you were saying you don't understand who would do it when Sony has sold more consoles. Publishers care about software sales not hardware sales. Attach ratios clearly are going to be more important to a game publisher than console sales. Obviously they are used in conjunction with each other but if if the math comes out to be minimal it's obvious why they would benefit to have a company pick up the marketing tab. The marketing for this game will be expensive.

cakely

I wouldve still bought it for the Xbox if DLC came out on PS4 first. Its an online game. Good luck playing this during all the PSN outages

I understand what you're trying to do here but the actual record of XBL and PSN outages doesn't support your claim.

Ivan 3414

Pftttttttttttt who am i kidding!? Who would want it on xbone!! (other than if that's your only option)

Can you get this console fanboy shit out of here

thanks

Eh, whatever, game isn't all that special anyway. Might as well skip it.

Why can't Ubi just let them make strategy games again?

ViciousDS

Banned
so its nothing like Destiny......cool that means my PS4 pre-order remains.....if it was Destiny alah 1 year....no way I was waiting.

DEAR GOD

watching that video is utterly fucking cringy and painful to the max.

ps3ud0

So what does the DLC actually contain? It could just be TDB all over again...

Hell Ive ordered the Gold edition (purely as the season pass is effectively half price) but dont really know much about how good the DLC is gonna be. Someone mentioned story stuff could get spoiled which might be annoying...

ps3ud0 8)

Chobel

But you were saying you don't understand why would do it when Sony has sold more consoles.

Oh I understand, MS offered more for this deal. And no, who reached who first is irrelevant here.

Publishers care about software sales not hardware sales. Attach ratios clearly are going to be more important to a game publisher than console sales.

Nope, publishers care software sales, and sales = number of hardware * attach rate, so they clearly care about both.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Eh, whatever, game isn't all that special anyway. Might as well skip it.

Why can't Ubi just let them make strategy games again?
I absolutely love misconceptions. Ubi would allow them to make a strategy game again, Massive were the ones who pitched this project in the first place and worked on it over the course of four years. And seriously skipping a game because of timed dlc? Ok.

IvanJ

Banned
I can wait those 30 days, so the deal doesn't bother me much. But especially since I'm not buying a Season Pass anyway.
Will probably wait for the full expansion content to get released, then buy it on sale, so it will be a 6 month delay for me at least.

WadeitOut

Oh I understand, MS offered more for this deal. And no, who reached who first is irrelevant here.

Nope, publishers care software sales, and sales = number of hardware * attach rate, so they clearly care about both.

Obviously console sales is going to be the top of the equation, but it's not the most important number. Unisoft doesn't care about the people of the world owning a PS4 as a dedicated Ni No Kuni box. They know their demographic.

Juanfp

I have a PS4 and a XBOX ONE.

Getting this game on PS4.

That´s how efficient these deals are.

Either way - not a big deal.

Cause you represent all the population, got it.

--------

Changing topic.
How the obviously troll and console wars post are keep getting allow and the same users dont get banned or something?

ViciousDS

Banned
PlayStation gets exclusive Destiny content for a whole year and the content is usually exotic weapons.

Exotic weapons and strikes.....sure some were rehashed but it still offered a little more variety when grinding out gear.

I was looking for my jade rabbit when I switched to the bone only to realize.....they won't get it till this fall.......I was really disappointed.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Why would they go from making one of the best RTSes of all time to generic shooters?
Because it's not a generic shooter. FFS one of the main complaints is about how it's not realistic and is an RPG, (despite being advertised as an RPG from the onset).

This probably goes on my no buy list unless the beta blows me away this weekend. 30 days for maps packs is one thing, but 30 days for story content to get spoiled is another.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Can you get this console fanboy shit out of here

thanks

What a fanboyish comment. I have both the Xbox One and PS4 and i'm buying this for Xbox One. Reasons ? Friends mostly, controller and now the 30 days earlier DLC.

LOL

Please! I expect the majority of people to buy this on systems OTHER than xbox one just like nearly ALL of the multiplayer based games currently released. But oh its fanboyish to say that even though the console ownership and multiplayer concurrent player stats are out there.... All this does is delay the DLC for everyone else because microsoft paid. Hate this practice so much...

theWB27

Why would they want to go from making one of the best RTSes of all time to generic shooters?

Because developers want to try different things and not always delve into the same thing. Whether you end up thinking is generic is irrelevant, it's still the game they wanted to make.

Btw...it's not generic. The complaints about it not playing the way people expected proves that.

who_gives_a_shit.gif

After playing the Beta, I won't be touching this game. The shooting and basic gameplay are so boring. You can tell MS wants this to be their Destiny, but the stale shooting will turn people off fairly quickly, mark my words. RPG shooting be damned, even Bethesda realized copying Destiny's shooting for Fallout 4 was a good idea (while still retaining VATS however).

*Disclaimer- I own both consoles and have no intention of buying this game for either platform.

Zyae

Pftttttttttttt who am i kidding!? Who would want it on xbone!! (other than if that's your only option or all your fwends have xbones!)

People that prefer the platform?

https://gfycat.com/FrigidVibrantIchneumonfly

LOL

Please! I expect the majority of people to buy this on systems OTHER than xbox one just like nearly ALL of the multiplayer based games currently released. But oh its fanboyish to say that even though the console ownership and multiplayer concurrent player stats are out there.... All this does is delay the DLC for everyone else because microsoft paid. Hate this practice so much...

Except Ubi said they are making more money off of Xbox than PS4? I guess that data doesnt matter?

mjc

LOL

destiny.jpg

LOL

Please! I expect the majority of people to buy this on systems OTHER than xbox one just like nearly ALL of the multiplayer based games currently released. But oh its fanboyish to say that even though the console ownership and multiplayer concurrent player stats are out there.... All this does is delay the DLC for everyone else because microsoft paid for the exclusive DLC for their system.

LOL ? is that your reply ? and the fact that people own more PS4's. Because MS paid for it ? Seriously ? What about the exclusive DLC for Black Ops, Destiny... on PS4.

All i'm saying is you don't need to reply with toxic comments like that, the forum is full of shit posters as it is fighting the good ol console wars.

Pftttttttttttt who am i kidding!? Who would want it on xbone!! (other than if that's your only option or all your fwends have xbones!)

Sarcasm...I hope?

Tovarisc

After playing the Beta, I won't be touching this game. The shooting and basic gameplay are so boring. You can tell MS wants this to be their Destiny, but the stale shooting will turn people off fairly quickly, mark my words. RPG shooting be damned, even Bethesda realized copying Destiny's shooting for Fallout 4 was a good idea (while still retaining VATS however).

Fallout 4's gunplay is several levels below Destiny / Halo when it comes to enjoyment and quality. It's better than in FO3 or NV, but I wouldn't put it to next games that are designed to be FPS's. Maybe TPS with cover mechanics just isn't your thing?

Snorlocs

I actually don't like this an think that dlc exclusivity needs to end. Businesses gotta make money though and this is a easy way to do it.

RedRum

Banned
LOL

Someone mentioned BO3 with timed exclusivity for that game on PS4. Did you have equal outrage for that too?

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Someone mentioned BO3 with timed exclusivity for that game on PS4. Did you have equal outrage for that too?

YES! ALL PAID TIME EXCLUSIVE DLC IS DUMB! It just makes me even more mad when it is xbox because no one i know plays on it and we usually have to wait! LOL

Top Bottom