• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare Remaster confirmed via emoji

https://twitter.com/CallofDuty/status/725434514315468800
Announcing games with emojis on Twitter. What a time to be alive.

Seriously though, that's hilarious.

hTRE9Db.png

lol

Catvoca

Banned
This kind of cool and all but isn't this a completely different IW to the people who made COD2 and COD4?
They are a very different company now, but I would hope they couldn't mess up a remaster. I mean Ghosts wasn't even that bad really, just boring.

I hope that this will be one of the games that utilizes PS4/Xbox One/possibly NX cross platform online play. All of my COD playing friends has been evenly split between PS4 and Xbox One and it's hard to choose which console I want to get the game on =(

ruddiger7

Banned
The best cod. After hearing of a potential mw2 remaster i wonder if they will do a naughty dog and release all 3 modern warfares in one. The third one looks awful graphically.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
They're going to have a lot of super upset kids when this is announced as single player only.

M52B28

Banned
😨😨😨😁😁😁🙆🙆🙆🙌🙌🙌

They're going to have a lot of super upset kids when this is announced as single player only.
You heathen. Don't say that!

Akai__

Damn it. I actually didn't want to touch CoD ever again, because I don't have time and money to buy it annually, but MW1 and MW2 remake would make me want to play them again. I also wonder if the votes on Xbox One Backwards Compatibility had any role in this?

Is EA the last big publisher not doing remsters?

They are busy doing reboots instead.

Yeah, that would not make me want to buy them. The campaigns are pretty cool, but that's not why I would want to play them.

DNAbro

It's like people don't realize Infinite Warfare is coming and will have Season Pass/microtransactions in order to make more money. They aren't going to cut themselves off from that revenue.

Machina

Banned

For a game like CoD 4, with its multiplayer whose popularity was so huge, it ignited the flame that drove CoD on for years afterwards, and made MW2 the best selling game of all time, to not include that now in a remaster of CoD4 would be a disaster.

Montresor

I would be perfectly fine with no multiplayer, no spec ops, and no survival modes. Just straight up single player for all three MW3 games.

3000 gamerscore (and 3 platinum trophies for PS4 guys and gals) in one remastered package. Would be great.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
😨😨😨😁😁😁🙆🙆🙆🙌🙌🙌

You heathen. Don't say that!

You think Activision is going to include 3 games (which many COD players prefer to the new ones) with multiplayer and all DLC for a reasonable price? It would effectively kneecap their annual cash cow of game + $60 DLC.

Halo MCC was an oddball because MS was in a tough spot.

I'd love to see it, but it doesn't make alot of business sense. Activision, too.

Top Bottom