• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare Remaster confirmed via emoji

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Can I just say, Mile High Club is one of my most memorable moments in my gaming life. I have to admit having the chance to do it again in the process of earning a platinum would be pretty awesome.

I remember screaming for joy when I finally got the achievement. When you finally get in the zone and flow through it, very satisfying.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
best trailer, best music, best cod

Eminem, how very 2001.

Man...i've never got the reverence for MW2. Yeah its the COD where they really ramped up the michael bay and inane plotlines like Russia's entire army attacking the US over an airport shooting, but its also the COD where the industry really started going whole hog into AAA bloatfests, because everyone wanted to compete with the hype of that MW2 money Activision brought in.

If this remaster is Modern Warfare 1 campaign with a medley of MW trilogy multiplayer maps, that'll be the best outcome.

Man...i've never got the reverence for MW2. Yeah its the COD where they really ramped up the michael bay and inane plotlines like Russia's entire army attacking the US over an airport shooting, but its also the COD where the industry really started going whole hog into AAA bloatfests, because everyone wanted to compete with the hype of that MW2 money Activision brought in.

It's more CoD4 with amazing maps slightly held back by the beginning of the perk/killstreak insanity that the series has been ever since then. Not sure what the industry has to do with how people enjoyed MW2.

If COD4 comes with the full MP experience, you can say goodbye to every other COD MP coming out for a good long while. COD4's MP is probably the best in the series.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
It's more CoD4 with amazing maps slightly held back by the beginning of the perk/killstreak insanity that the series has been ever since then. Not sure what the industry has to do with how people enjoyed MW2.

What it represented, and what it actually was as a game was more negative and not worth fond memories of nostalgia is my point.

The multiplayer was unbalanced mess where everything became about care packages and game ending overkill and not about who got the most kills via engagements, the story in the campaign was dumb and hard to take serious, and the reception and fallout the industry had due to it was horrible.

The original MW, and COD2 were far more deserving of a fond eye.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

It's nothing like COD4, it feels nothing like COD4 because of the perk/killstreak insanity. It's maps are poorer for a start (apart from Terminal) and it took the series in an incredibly poor direction. MW2 and MW3 can both fuck right off - maps, killstreaks everything. I'm not saying COD4 was perfect (especially with the grenade spam) but just a few tweaks to that and that's all I want in a remaster (well redone weapon sounds as well but I don't see that ever happening)

Of course watch them release only campaigns and annoy everyone :p

EDIT - Well maybe I'm being a biiiiit harsh on MW2s maps, probably blinded with disappointment in everything else. They can keep MW3's maps though!

Bishop89

Eminem, how very 2001.

If this remaster is Modern Warfare 1 campaign with a medley of MW trilogy multiplayer maps, that'll be the best outcome.

im certainly not going to hold this against the game itself cause the industry had a boner for it.

Also what a very weird thing to say re: eminem

ryseing

It's nothing like COD4, it feels nothing like COD4 because of the perk/killstreak insanity. It's maps are poorer for a start (apart from Terminal) and it took the series in an incredibly poor direction. MW2 and MW3 can both fuck right off - maps, killstreaks everything. I'm not saying COD4 was perfect (especially with the grenade spam) but just a few tweaks to that and that's all I want in a remaster (well redone weapon sounds as well but I don't see that ever happening)

Of course watch them release only campaigns and annoy everyone :p

EDIT - Well maybe I'm being a biiiiit harsh on MW2s maps, probably blinded with disappointment in everything else. They can keep MW3's maps though!

Good. I'm not the only one that thinks this. MW2 was a substantial step down.

MW1 multiplayer won't be as popular as people think.

Sure, us old heads will play it a lot. But all the kiddies who never played it will think it barbones compared to the newer games.

3 killstreaks, handfull of weapon camos, challenges etc. I mean it's a deep game but by today's standards it's less than recent cods.

The alternative is to change the game to fit the modern cod mold. And if they do that then what's the point of even doing it.

Sure, us old heads will play it a lot. But all the kiddies who never played it will think it barbones compared to the newer games.

3 killstreaks, handfull of weapon camos, challenges etc. I mean it's a deep game but by today's standards it's less than recent cods.

The alternative is to change the game to fit the modern cod mold. And if they do that then what's the point of even doing it.

I'm not sure younger audience would have difficulties to enjoy it. Actually it may keep CoD fresh for them since they only had the chance to play modern CoD which are packed with too many useless things imo

CoD 4 is just the essence of CoD gameplay so sure they'll enjoy multiplayer.
This said I prefer MW 2 (<3 the maps and it was my first with more than 100 hours in multi so).

I played a stupid amount cod4 multiplayer (both normal and promod) back when it was released up until blops 1. I feel that a lot of people are looking at it with rose tinted glasses. The base game had quite a few problems with gun balance, perk balance, nade spam, map glitches etc.

Games like blops 2 did a far better job at the gameplay front (albeit being more bloated and not having as strong maps)

Even for its time, I thought the singleplayer was throw away. I never understood why certain missions from it received so much phrase but when jumping from multiplayer to singleplayer, the gunplay barely had any feedback (enemy reaction to being shot wasn't great, no hitmakers) had respawning enemies until you pass certain points and a mediocre (at best) story.

I guess it makes sense on the current gen consoles since I've heard cod4 is now filled with modded lobbies and cheaters but on PC, you could install it right now and jump into a multiplayer game. My cynicism for it probably comes from being completely burnt out on it so idk.

Rosur

I'm expecting the mp to maps based of all 3 mw games and the gameplay probably of 3. Along with all 3 SP campaigns.

I'd like to see a CoD 2 remaster that also includes the maps of the first CoD + expansion, I haven't really played CoD since 2009 but that would get me back into playing a CoD title.

MK_768

If there is MP I'll pay $60 bucks for the remaster alone. I don't see why there won't be MP. What's the point of having it then lol? I mean the single player was good but still. Hopefully, if they bring over t MP they don't mess with it like adding guns, boosters, and killstreaks. Just leave it alone lmfao.

EBreda

If MW4 multiplayer is included, no one would be recquired to endure the microtransaction ridden Infinite Warfare multiplayer that im sure is coming our way.

So yeah, campaign only MW4 seems to be the safest bet.

Top Bottom