• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare Remaster confirmed via emoji

Chao

If someone asked me what the current gen consoles catalogue was lacking I would say "a call of duty remaster" for sure.

I can only imagine the thirst of COD players , it's not like there's a new entry in the franchise every year.

Timurse

Banned
I wonder if people are gonna play a lot of its multiplayer. The one in those 360 days was a blast (though I liked MW2 even more, got the 10th Prestige without any hacks totally legit, sank hundreds of hours into it).

Meia

I mean, if this in some way has multiplayer enabled, how the hell do they even still release another CoD this year on top of this? Or will be the yearly released one?

Xav

Titanfall 2 vs Battlefield 5 vs Call of Duty 4

Looks like classic Infinity Ward/Respawn Entertainment have the FPS genre on lockdown this year.

Good move on their part, this will definitely help make up for a predicted lack of sales especially if it turns out the new game is Ghosts 2.

dreamfall

COD4 will always be my favorite. I'd gladly buy a remaster, as I haven't bought a COD game since Black Ops 1. But there was a stretch where I really loved what was going on,

Machina

Banned
Can I just say, Mile High Club is one of my most memorable moments in my gaming life. I have to admit having the chance to do it again in the process of earning a platinum would be pretty awesome.

LiK

Can I just say, Mile High Club is one of my most memorable moments in my gaming life. I have to admit having the chance to do it again in the process of earning a platinum would be pretty awesome.

I completed that on 360. That was pretty challenging. Only took a few hours tho.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Hopefully they can do a Master Chief Collection playlist system with multiplayer from all 3.

Except a working version.

With an active player base.

💩🐔

GHG

47b20s0.gif

Laws00

Never played MW aka COD4

MW2 was my first COD game. I loved it to death.

Wish it was that game that got remastered

Go_Ly_Dow

Almost got excited but then realized unlike the original modern warfare this will be a perk ridden spam fest like all modern COD titles. :(

GHG

Imagine they sell DLC and add microtransactions for the remaster.

There has to be a catch somewhere.

Machina

Banned
Almost got excited but then realized unlike the original modern warfare this will be a perk ridden spam fest like all modern COD titles. :(

Changing the game up that dramatically defeats the purpose of remastering it. They're banking on the nostalgia, and that is the first thing that goes if you fuck with it too much.

Imagine they sell DLC and add microtransactions for the remaster.

There has to be a catch somewhere.

You need to unlock all guns with random supply drops. You will probably never get them because you will instead get some attachment variants that barely make a difference anyway.

Top Bottom