• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian - new screenshots and footage (IGN preview)

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Warning: Spoilers for the first 45 minutes of the game.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/26/the-last-guardian-the-shocking-truth-about-trico-ign-first

https://youtu.be/Kgjvrv47qes

The-Last-Guardian-IGN-11.jpg

The-Last-Guardian-IGN-10.jpg

The-Last-Guardian-IGN-5.jpg

Not sure what the technical term is but I'm seeing some weird jaggy artifacty thingies, especially in that second one.

Aside from that one, surreal to see, but it IS looking nice.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Watching right now, but I didn't actually expect anything new before E3, so this is a pleasant surprise.

Interview from Edge also confirms they're releasing it this year, they're set on that.

Oh my god, it looks so good.

Take that, haters!

Also, the mask is a bit too spoilery for my tastes. Would have liked to have kept that a secret

OP, you might want to clarify that the article basically spoils the opening scene of the game. Wish I had known that ahead of time.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Does big monster attack your village and then you become friends with its kid? I bet you're the sole survivor or something.

That's what it looks like, anyway.

BahamutPT

Not sure why they thought the second screenshot was a good idea.
Other screenshots + video look amazing though, especially seeing it in motion.

Wollan

How this game moves and animates is just insane.

Image quality & textures are PS3 era almost but the animations are absurdly good.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The-Last-Guardian-IGN-7.jpg

I like that screen a lot for some reason, personally. Read a bit and watched a bit, but only partially.

The one thing I find interesting I didn't know before, minor opening spoilers,
how the game has a narration from the boy as an adult years later telling the story. Didn't see that coming, especially as ICO and Shadow of the Colossus lack dialogue, a lot of the time.

Top Bottom